[A17] Jamestec's Mods (export bills/stockpiles, replace walls, make bionics)

Started by Jamestec, September 17, 2016, 11:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

BetterHauling 1.4 throws an error "Could not find a type named JTBetterHauling.WorkGiver_HaulGeneralJT". I'm assuming you took it out of the assembly but left the def.

Jamestec

Quote from: Dingo on October 18, 2016, 01:53:12 AM
BetterHauling 1.4 throws an error "Could not find a type named JTBetterHauling.WorkGiver_HaulGeneralJT". I'm assuming you took it out of the assembly but left the def.

That is strange, I do have the defs I'm not currently using in Defs_NotUsed which shouldn't be loaded by RimWorld. I've checked  the Onedrive and steam version and they both only have ThinkTreeDefs folder in the Defs folder which is correct.

Did you get BetterHauling 1.4 through Onedrive or steam? and in the defs folder is there only ThinkTreeDefs?
If you got it from Onedrive, it might be a version which was accidental and I didn't replace it fast enough.
If you got it from steam, steam workshop update malfunction?

Dingo

I got 1.4 from OneDrive. Just reinstalled it from there and it seems like the bug is gone. Maybe the sync was off for a while and I just downloaded too soon.

masterpain

Attached is a special debug build of JTCopyBills. To help me help you, please do the following:
Download and extract the attached to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\
Start RimWorld, disable JTCopyBills and enable JTCopyBillsDebug, then close RimWorld (this is not optional). Start RimWorld again, load a save/new game (doesn't matter if it says mods changed), try to copy and paste bills, close RimWorld, then go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\output_log.txt
and attach that to a reply. Please note the log file resets each time you start RimWorld so don't start RimWorld again until you have either copied the log or attached it to a reply.

I posted my output_log a few days ago and realized you probably didn't receive it because site wont let me post attachements.  So I'll post it here https://mega.nz/#!awBS1LKB!wiCWb694WGav038Sv2l-puf6cAmT_jfZ0nDppu6qof4

Wacoede

Any chance of getting Helmets added for the Powered power armor and Super armor with similar (improved) stats, maybe some psychic drone protection and a light for when they are in dark places

Jamestec

Quote from: masterpain on October 19, 2016, 08:30:23 PM
I posted my output_log a few days ago and realized you probably didn't receive it because site wont let me post attachements.  So I'll post it here

Ok, so the problem is that you're using Crafting Hysteresis version 1.3 or lower and I compiled JTCopyBills with version 1.5. So if you update Crafting Hysteresis to 1.5, JTCopyBills will work fine; I checked whether updating Crafting Hysteresis from 1.3 to 1.5 is ok, and it is.
Don't forget to remove JTCopyBillsDebug and use the normal one.

Quote from: Wacoede on October 19, 2016, 10:04:32 PM
Any chance of getting Helmets added for the Powered power armor and Super armor with similar (improved) stats, maybe some psychic drone protection and a light for when they are in dark places

Yea sure, I can do that. I'll be copying the light stuff from Rikiki's MiningCo.: Mining helmet, which is available here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14711.0

Edit: JTExtendedPowerArmor is updated to have helmets.

OnlyMarvellous

Hey, Jamestec. I use a few of your mods and they are all well done. However, I did notice, in your Savage Prisoners (Psychology Compat), that you have Bleeding Heart as a nullifying trait for all of the thoughtdefs.

From the Psychology page, talking about the Bleeding Heart trait; "This pawn is a big old softie. They will be pleased by doing things that help others, and more traumatized by brutal or senseless acts like mistreatment of prisoners or killing. They also will not get along with psychopaths."

I believe Desensitized (from Psychology) would be a good trait to go in Thoughts_Memory_Death, but not the Thoughts_Memory_Misc. Desensitized Pawns are described as follows; "This numbed pawn no longer gets mood penalties for witnessing death or observing corpses. They will still be upset by colonists' deaths in general, and by other moral outrages. This trait can potentially be gained during play whenever a pawn sees someone die or looks at a body."

A desensitized pawn probably wouldn't mind if a prisoner died, but their mood would still be affected if the prisoner's organs were harvested or if they were sold into slavery.

I've made those edits on my end, but I wanted to let you know. If it was a mistake then I'll leave the changes in, but if you chose to put Bleeding Heart in there for a reason then I can change it back.
Run away!

sulusdacor

hey looooove the copy bills mod. one of the small must have vanilla improvements =) thx for making this.

just wanted to ask do you plan on making it compatible with crafting hysteries mod?

Jamestec

Quote from: OnlyMarvellous on October 20, 2016, 08:10:43 AM
Hey, Jamestec. I use a few of your mods and they are all well done. However, I did notice, in your Savage Prisoners (Psychology Compat), that you have Bleeding Heart as a nullifying trait for all of the thoughtdefs.
That was just for compatibility for Psychology, since when you use JTSavagePrisoners, it overrides ThoughDefs that Psychology has also made edits in; the BleedingHeart entry is the same entry made by Psychology.
The reason why Psychology put that as a nullifying trait is that there is an additional entry for BleedingHeart which makes it worse as shown in KnowGuestExecutedBleedingHeart:

<ThoughtDef ParentName="DeathMemory">
    <defName>KnowGuestExecuted</defName>
    <durationDays>7.5</durationDays>
    <nullifyingTraits>
      <li>Psychopath</li>
      <li>Bloodlust</li>
      <li>BleedingHeart</li>
    </nullifyingTraits>
-snip-

<ThoughtDef ParentName="DeathMemory">
    <defName>KnowGuestExecutedBleedingHeart</defName>
    <durationDays>9</durationDays>
    <requiredTraits>
      <li>BleedingHeart</li>
    </requiredTraits>
-snip-

If you were to remove BleedingHeart as a nullifying trait, you would get 2 different debuffs for the same thing.

Quote from: sulusdacor on October 20, 2016, 08:36:42 AM
hey looooove the copy bills mod. one of the small must have vanilla improvements =) thx for making this.

just wanted to ask do you plan on making it compatible with crafting hysteries mod?
Version 1.1 should already be compatible, Version 1.3 should convert vanilla bills into Crafting Hysteresis bills when pasting to help ease players into Crafting Hysteresis if adding that mod mid-way. I recommend getting at least Version 1.4 since that version fixes ingredients list pastes being linked together. The latest version is 1.5.

OnlyMarvellous

Quote from: Jamestec on October 20, 2016, 09:08:48 AM
The reason why Psychology put that as a nullifying trait is that there is an additional entry for BleedingHeart which makes it worse as shown in KnowGuestExecutedBleedingHeart

Ah, I see. I've put it back to the way it was, then. Thanks for clearing that up.
Run away!

Britnoth

Quote from: Dingo on October 15, 2016, 12:52:49 PMIf you Discord-using folk think you can make a similar mod that's more compatible, structured better, higher quality, more fleshed out etc. etc. you're free to do so with your own ideas and code. Users will flock to your mod when they begin having issues with a lower-quality option. If you published your code somewhere and you see it plagiarised by anyone that is an entirely different discussion.

As one of many here without any coding knowledge and limited experience modding, there is a limit to the size and complexity of any mod we might create.

If an experienced coder comes along and makes a copy of an existing, functioning mod and essentially... how do I put this in a polite manner? "Appropriates" that mod as one of their own, you can imagine how the creator of the first mod might feel. Or how that being repeated would drive away many potential modders.

Dingo

But where is this mod you're talking about? If someone else made something like "Hand Me That Brick"; released it on the forums, Workshop or on their website and then found out that I made something similar I would understand if they were mad. If all they did was talk to their friends about making it and I couldn't find such a mod when I set out to make my own I believe they would have 0 legitimacy in calling me out.

Britnoth

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=Rimworld+%22replace+wall%22

10 seconds work, hardly difficult to find I think.

Edit: In case you wondered, the first version that I made was over 4 months before.

Dingo

Alright, so you have a mod that sort-of (and I do mean sort-of) does this, but with a designator instead. I had a look at the code and it's completely different. It's also buried in the Unfinished section as part of another mod within a mod list.

I can't say I'm with you on this one. It doesn't look like he copied anything off of you; the idea might be similar (and this is the only part of your claims that might as well be true, who knows?) but the end result is 2 completely different mods. By the same logic you can say JTMoreAreas is a ripoff of Fluffy or that Killface is ripping off previous alpha mods (even though he's doing great work reviving old mods)... There's no merit to it.

Britnoth

Quote from: Dingo on October 21, 2016, 01:11:00 PM
Alright, so you have a mod that sort-of (and I do mean sort-of) does this, but with a designator instead. I had a look at the code and it's completely different. It's also buried in the Unfinished section as part of another mod within a mod list.

I can't say I'm with you on this one. It doesn't look like he copied anything off of you; the idea might be similar (and this is the only part of your claims that might as well be true, who knows?) but the end result is 2 completely different mods. By the same logic you can say JTMoreAreas is a ripoff of Fluffy or that Killface is ripping off previous alpha mods (even though he's doing great work reviving old mods)... There's no merit to it.

No, it is not similar, it is not 'sort of'. It sounds exactly the same.

It took me 10 seconds to find it using google, it isn't exactly hidden.