[A17] Jamestec's Mods (export bills/stockpiles, replace walls, make bionics)

Started by Jamestec, September 17, 2016, 11:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I don't think it's worth arguing over this because the only similarity is the idea behind the mod. The end-product is completely different, and used differently with different code.

Here's a rhetorical question to demonstrate why this type of iteration is healthy for modding (and this is assuming he "stole" the idea, which I still doubt): I started modding WorkGivers after glancing at Zorba's GitHub repo for Raindrops No Longer Fall on My Head a few weeks before he released it. I saw it was easy to mess with the defs and gave it a go, turned out very successfully and well-received. RWP and Raindrops are similar but not at all the same mod.

Should I take down my WorkGiver mods? I released mine publicly before he did, should he take down his mod? The answer to both of these is a resounding "no". That is probably the last I have to contribute to the discussion as it is derailing a perfectly reasonable mod release thread.

skullywag

Lets not do this on Jamestecs thread eh guys....Last warning.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Britnoth

QuoteRWP and Raindrops are similar but not at all the same mod.

You looked at how someone else had made a certain change, and then directly copied it? Yeah, you should at least have made a mention of that. A single xml change is a little different to a new UI tool however...

Mind, if we had Fluffys work tab all that would be easily changed in game. :(

But you said:

QuoteThe end-product is completely different, and used differently with different code.

False. If it is doing the exact same thing in game, then the end product is the exact same thing. I did not say he copied my code. I said he appropriated ownership of my existing mod by making a newer version without even bothering to ask first.

If some dick-move modder is going to look at my own modding attempts, think 'Hey, i can make a copy of that with a few minor improvements'  (debatable, the only person I spoke to when someone asked me about it said it crashed their game) and then take credit for making a helpful mod, what incentive am I left with?

PS. This is directly concerning his mod. What is the appropriate place to discuss someone's mod, if not in the mods own forum post?

skullywag

Britnoth, no more, stop now.

Ive looked over the code theres no way he copied you, trust me. The idea is the same and thats it. You cannot own an idea im sorry. For all you know he never even saw your mod so credit is not required.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Plasmatic

I like the mod overall, but theres one thing that I noticed that irks me.

(http://imgur.com/a/8eivH)

Apparently it's the light on the super armor helmet causing the missing texture square.

This pink square with a red cross appears under the character wearing the helmet whenever the light is activated. The square does not disappear unless the helmet is removed and reequipped.

How can I remove the light from the helmet till this is fixed? I've found the files in 778377155, but I don't know what I need to change to just disable the light without breaking anything else :)

lashtear

Hi!  I'm one of the people that squawked on steam about trouble.  Here's more detail about what I'm seeing, and steps to reproduce:

Using only Core (i.e. the default game) and JTReplaceWalls.  Create a new map.  Once the map loads, click Architect->Furniture.  The moment I click Sleeping spot, it immediately crashes mono hard.

https://gist.github.com/lashtear/ed40047974f22c8cea4866ecd6cf047c has a copy of the resulting /tmp/rimworld_log output, which includes a gdb trace.  In quick summary of that trace:

42 threads: 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48: futex_abstimed_wait_cancelable:205 start_thread:333 clone:105
  2 threads: 39,49: nanosleep:84 usleep:32 start_thread:333 clone:105
  1 threads: 37: poll:84 pa_mainloop_poll pa_mainloop_iterate pa_mainloop_run start_thread:333 clone:105
  1 threads: 2: start_thread:333 clone:105
  1 threads: 1: readv:84 read
  1 threads: 3: futex_abstimed_wait_cancelable:205 mono_sem_wait start_thread:333 clone:105
  1 threads: 38: pa_threaded_mainloop_wait pa_simple_write start_thread:333 clone:105

Thread 1 being (I believe) the interesting one there; pa_* is PulseAudio stuff setup by fmod (for sound) and the futex details are thread primitive infrastructure for locks and semaphores.

Again, this is just Core and JTReplaceWalls:
$ cat ~/.config/unity3d/Ludeon\ Studios/RimWorld/Config/ModsConfig.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1284</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>779984226</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

$ uname  -a
Linux chrysalis 4.7.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.7.6-1 (2016-10-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

You may notice a great deal of smoke in the log about steam overlay trouble; that's apparently not related, as even when signed out of steam and overlay-disabled, the problem is still easy to reproduce.

I wish I could give more C#-friendly diagnostics... but it's crashing the mono VM itself.  Hardware is stable, no overclocking or memory issues-- but something does not like the CCL-style changes you're making on the 64bit Linux port.

Plenty of other Unity games run fine, and RimWorld is quite stable for me except for this one mod.  Anything else I can do to help?

Jamestec

Quote from: Plasmatic on October 22, 2016, 05:00:35 AM
JTExtendedPowerArmor
I updated (version 1.2) to include invisible texture that I missed. The line that adds the light is at JTExtendedPowerArmor\Defs\ThingDefs_Misc\Apparel_Hats_JT.xml , line 86:

<thingClass>JTExtendedPowerArmor.Apparel_SuperArmorHelmet_JT</thingClass>

Quote from: lashtear on October 22, 2016, 05:22:06 AM
JTReplaceWalls
Since the crash happens after the methods are replaced using CCL/RawCode's code, I think it could be my use of Reflection.
I've attached a special version which doesn't use Reflection and thus cannot compare the stuff of two things (marble walls can replace marble walls for no reason). Try using this version and please report whether it works or not.
In my recent attempt at another mod (JTBuildDiagonally), I did come across hanging when using Reflection, but the hang happened when I close the game or go to menu.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

lashtear

Quote from: Jamestec on October 23, 2016, 01:05:27 AM
Since the crash happens after the methods are replaced using CCL/RawCode's code, I think it could be my use of Reflection.
I've attached a special version which doesn't use Reflection and thus cannot compare the stuff of two things (marble walls can replace marble walls for no reason). Try using this version and please report whether it works or not.
In my recent attempt at another mod (JTBuildDiagonally), I did come across hanging when using Reflection, but the hang happened when I close the game or go to menu.

Just tested this version; works great!  More specifically, I did the test I had before with just core and JTReplaceWalls, but now using the one you linked.  I can select things to place, place them, and even do this for walls.

Jamestec

Updated JTCopyBills; fixes converting vanilla bill with unfinished to Crafting Hysteresis bill with unfinished. Bills that don't make unfinished items were converted correctly in previous versions, so if you have converted vanilla bills to Crafting Hysteresis bills, you "only" need to redo the bills that can have an unfinished item; maybe copy bills from previous save, then paste in current save.
Updating recommended if you are picking up Crafting Hysteresis mid-game and you're using this mod to convert vanilla bills to Crafting Hysteresis bills.

lc-soz

It would be possible to add a feature to copy surgery bills? I use EPOE so it's boring to click one-by-one.

Jamestec

Quote from: lc-soz on November 04, 2016, 01:17:57 PM
It would be possible to add a feature to copy surgery bills? I use EPOE so it's boring to click one-by-one.

Updated JTCopyBills; Copy and paste surgery bills.
I've only tested with vanilla bills, but I think it should work fine with EPOE bills.

Update JTReplaceWalls; different stuffDef workaround for linux compatibility.

Snarbly

How do you copy surgery bills?  I can't seem to find the icon to copy as with workbenches.

Also, would it be possible to replace doors as well as walls?  You can currently replace doors with other doors and walls with other walls, but it would be nice to be able to cross between them.

Jamestec

Quote from: Snarbly on November 19, 2016, 09:23:40 PM
How do you copy surgery bills?  I can't seem to find the icon to copy as with workbenches.

Also, would it be possible to replace doors as well as walls?  You can currently replace doors with other doors and walls with other walls, but it would be nice to be able to cross between them.

It should look like this when you select a colonist:

If not, try moving the mod all the way to the bottom; if it works when the mod is at the bottom, that means another mod is replacing the same getGizmo as my mod and compatibility will need to be made.

The problem with replacing doors with walls is that the mod's purpose is to make upgrading walls easier (wood --> stone); if you were able to replace doors with walls, the player would have to cancel individual wall blueprints where the doors are, otherwise you will have a place with no doors.

Edit:
New mod JTExport; Export and import worktable bills. Support for exporting and importing stockpiles to come.

Edit 2:
Update JTExport; Fix some missing ThingFilter values. You should update to this version (1.1) and re-export the original bills since the exports from the initial release are missing some values.

Edit 3:
Update JTExport; support stockpiles.

Edit4:
New mod JTZoneButtons; Adds buttons for creating/expanding and deleting/shrinking stockpiles and growing zones when selecting a stockpile or growing zone.
Update JTCopyBills; Better compatiblity with my mods that replace Building.getGizmos().
Update JTExport; Better compatibility with my mods that replace Building.getGizmos() and Zone_Stockpile.getGizmos().
Update JTReplaceWalls; Replaced a lot of detours with a better way.

pinguin42

It seems that JTZoneButtons removes the "Allow sowing" button from grow zones. Is this a bug or could it be a modconflict (running 30ish mods)?

Jamestec

Quote from: pinguin42 on November 26, 2016, 03:59:16 PM
It seems that JTZoneButtons removes the "Allow sowing" button from grow zones. Is this a bug or could it be a modconflict (running 30ish mods)?

It's a bug, I've added the button in the newest release, Version 1.1 (Version 1.2 now; removes some debug statements).