Scarred/Wounded characters

Started by Soleceon, September 19, 2016, 04:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soleceon

So, i've already had my background made and in the game for a fair while now. As time has passed, the game game has updated and the "rules" have changed. Stuff like the artistry skill and animal skill have been added, which meant that I had to change my character again. Of course, that was a more... mundane change. Doing some posts on reddit, I've been going back and looking over the creative rewards guidelines and saw something that interested me from a character lore/design point.

"Not every background needs to be beneficial. I encourage you to consider making a scarred character, or someone with weaknesses in their background. It makes stories interesting when characters vary this way."

I believe that at the time this was written, characters couldn't even HAVE scars. Reading through the character backstories that currently exist, I don't believe I've ever even seen a character that has a forced medical affliction. We've only recently seen pawns with forced traits now (Models and Emmie, the sex slave both have a forced "beautiful" trait on them).

Does anyone know if there are any pawns in game with a forced medical trait? Personally, i'd love to remake my character's backstory and add this in, and make him feel much more unique to the world. Preferably lost limbs, replaced with basic prothstetics (not exactly going to demand bionics because that'd be silly and game breaking). I see no reason why not, after all it'd add to his lore and wouldn't make him more powerful as a character.

Scars and health problems are an important part of the game. They shape your character. Heck, they shape your entire colony. So, why not allow characters to exist that have these problems built in?

milon

Sorry for the late reply.  Currently, traits & health conditions are random.  You can't specify them for name-in-game characters.  If you haven't already, go ahead and suggest that as a feature in the Suggestions subforum.  :)