add blood donation and blood group

Started by deepSeaKing, September 19, 2016, 07:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepSeaKing

adding specific blood group would be nice. so they can transfuse blood to patients with heavy blood loss

MeowRailroad

Since the blood regenerates when all wounds are bandaged there wouldn't really be a point to this.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

deepSeaKing

but that will be more realistic. we all know blood transfusion is inevitable in operation, i understand bandage is fine with minor cuts and bruises but in cases like hand or leg cut off doing just bandage to heal is unrealistic.
1) like in rim-world when harvesting organs patients die cause of blood lose so if this is implemented it would be more realistic i think.
2) think of it's potential it can be use to treat patients with anemia.
but the draw back may be that it would make the game more harder to play 

nccvoyager

Blood donation is an interesting idea, though blood types may be unnecessary.  (Perhaps genetic alteration has made it possible that all humans now alive have the same blood type.)

I would like to add the possibility for organ donation as well.
For example, if a pawn has a failing kidneys or lungs, there could be a "request" made of another pawn for a kidney or lung.  The pawn an organ is being requested from would "think" about it for a bit, and then decide whether or not to donate an organ depending on their relationship with the pawn that needs the organ.

It has always interested me how a prisoner I harvest a liver from instantly dies, yet a pawn can undergo organ transplants for a heart, liver, two kidneys, and two lungs, as well as the amputation of their arms, legs, and eyes, ending with the installation of bionic arms, legs, and eyes, all in one day, and not die.

Perhaps, although it would add more complexity, dialysis, heart bypass machines, and blood oxygenation machines could be added, allowing the harvesting (or removal of an infected) organ without killing the patient immediately.  (The machines would need a steady power supply, and would only be able to keep pawns alive for a day or two at most.)

deepSeaKing

Quote from: nccvoyager on September 19, 2016, 06:00:46 PM
Blood donation is an interesting idea, though blood types may be unnecessary.  (Perhaps genetic alteration has made it possible that all humans now alive have the same blood type.)

I would like to add the possibility for organ donation as well.
For example, if a pawn has a failing kidneys or lungs, there could be a "request" made of another pawn for a kidney or lung.  The pawn an organ is being requested from would "think" about it for a bit, and then decide whether or not to donate an organ depending on their relationship with the pawn that needs the organ.

It has always interested me how a prisoner I harvest a liver from instantly dies, yet a pawn can undergo organ transplants for a heart, liver, two kidneys, and two lungs, as well as the amputation of their arms, legs, and eyes, ending with the installation of bionic arms, legs, and eyes, all in one day, and not die.

Perhaps, although it would add more complexity, dialysis, heart bypass machines, and blood oxygenation machines could be added, allowing the harvesting (or removal of an infected) organ without killing the patient immediately.  (The machines would need a steady power supply, and would only be able to keep pawns alive for a day or two at most.)

yes organ transplant as well because already in vanilla game there are some colonists suffer from asthma so has poor breathing so if we can somehow replace one of two lungs with a healthy one they might be treated in this way.