[A15]True Mods 19.10.16 -vanilla friendly mods -new: some fixes and minor mods!

Started by TrueDestroyer, September 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDestroyer

New update is here! Now with minor fixes.

Update: 19.10.2016
-Updated Fur sleeping spots with new graphics, also adding double sleeping bags. Mod is now known as Fur sleeping bags.
-Updated Additional art descriptions and name generator options - minor text fixes - again
-Updated Double sleeping spot - by adding another tiny mod to it, the single equipment rack. I did not want to make separate mod for it, and it fits there, making double of what was only single in vnailla, and vice versa.

Known issues:
RTMadSkills mod doesnt work with this mod (it probably has problems with mods that include stat modifying apparel)

I've been playing rimworld for around 2 years, I've been anticipating some changes and fixes yet they did not come, so I modded some stuff for myself. I decided to polish these mods and release them for everyone:).

I'm obsessed with game balance and mods being vanilla friendly - so that their content is indistinguishable from the original game content, and that's how I tried to make my mods.

The mods vary from minor recipe fixes or other single xml modifications promoting realism and immersion, to new in game objects like neolithic weapons (slings, throwing stones, blowpipes with poison darts), to functioninal buildings like nuclear generators.

Download links at the bottom - download the ones you want separately from google drive folder folder, or simply use the other link to download one .zip file with all of the mods as one.

One pack with all my mods merged:
This contains all my immersive vanilla friendly modifications.
Full list:
- research tree fixes (with old cloth sandbags, beds need cloth and diverse floors)
- light and heat sources
- plasteel reinforced power conduits
- double sleeping spot and single equipment rack
- additional art descriptions and name generator options
- additional storytellers
- exoskeletons and misc fixes
- caltrops
- fur sleeping bags
- grenade launcher
- heavy tactical armor vest
- armor vest cost fix
- foxes and wolves comfortable temperature fix
- medicine ingredients mod
- multi-analyzer resources mod
- no medicine for hospital bed
- ship engine size adjustment
- vitals monitor resources mod
- blowgun with poison darts
- simple wooden staff
- throwing stones
- slingshot
- nuclear generators

Standalone mods:
-Research tree fixes (with old cloth sandbags, beds need cloth and diverse floors)
Immersive vanilla friendly modification.
This mod adds research tree fixes, so that tribes cannot outright build tool cabinets, billiard tables, hoppers, vents, dining chairs, armchairs, chess tables, plant pots, sandbags, certain metal and sophisticated floors, beds, walls and fueled stoves.
Adds a medieval level research "advanced steelworks and culture" that unlocks the above. "Electricity" now cannot be researched without the aforementioned research completed first.
Adds log wall - so you can have some walls before finishing this research - it's made of little wood (based on log walls from old alpha versions), cannot transmit power and is pretty weak, inspired by old "LogWall Stuffed" mod by ItchyFlea.
Also, vents can now be made of steel, wood and stone.

This mods comes with beds need cloth, cloth sandbags and diverse floors.
If you use any of these 3 mods, disable them in mod menu for this mod to work correctly.

-Light and heat sources
This mods modifies lamp and sun lamp properties, and  adds a furnace and small standing lamp.
Sun lamp cost is now higher, also sun lamps use components and can break down.
Standing lamps are now cheaper and require less power.
Small standing lamp have a tiny light radius, but require little steel, power, and work - work great in small rooms.
All lamps push heat now, Sun lamp pushes most heat - this is desired, and is balanced by its new cost and ability to break down.
Furnace - requires stonecutting research, but provides a piece of furniture that when fueled pushes heat, produces some light, and may be used to prepare simple meals and perform some other simple bills. Uses quality system and can be even engraved with art.

-Plasteel reinforced power conduits
This mod adds lategame plasteel reinforced power circuits, that have more hp and require some more work to make - meant for hazarodus/combat conditions - providing power more reliably and lasting longer before they get destroyed by flames or explosions. Other than that, they transmit power normally.
They require research.

- Double sleeping spot and single equipment rack
This mod simply adds double sleeping spots, that act like sleeping spots, but fit two people together like double bed (Idea proposed by Justas love). Lovers no longer need to wait for double beds to spend the nights together! It's natural - when one pawn can sleep on ground, why can't two sleep together?
Now also with single rack! Like vanilla rack, but around half the cost (18 wood) and half the size.

- Additional art descriptions and name generator options
Adds losts of art description texts, and generally lots of new options for tale/name generator - so you don't get the "Smiling head of a clown watches over all" on half of your sculptures. Also changes the way in which names for sculptures, traders and several other things are generated. Just adds new options and texts, none of the original game texts or options are deleted.
Some examples in the snapshot below:

Warning - has literally two humorous entries out of dozens of others that may be not vanilla friendly.
These were intended to be easter eggs.

- Additional Storytellers
Adds two new storytellers, basically a sister to Cassandra Classic, and a brother to Randy Random. You can distinguish them by some minor details!
Cleo, Cassandra's sister won't let you have many colonists, allowing more casual experience, without pods crashing and wanderers joining every now and then. It won't be a boring experience though.
She'll keep the colony at 2-3 people only, and sends threats normally, like her sister.
Rex, Randy's brother, will make sure that there are plenty of colonists, and then he won't hesitate to punish you for... Well, anything. Sometimes, just surviving too long out there. His actions are not random at all - he simply want's everyone to die in glory.
He'll try to keep colony around 20 people, while sending more threats than his brother.

- Diverse floors (request by EldVarg ;) )
Changes the properties of vanilla floors - tweaking beauty ratings and also adds new floors.
Building floors for in game beauty is now a viable option.
Floors added: jade tile, wooden tile, and an orange carpet.
Floor changes:
Silver tile: Beauty 4 (up from 3)
Gold tile: Beauty 5 (up from 4), color was changed to be more gold, and less sandy-tan.
Sterile tile: Beauty 1 (up from 0)
Wood floor: Beauty 1 (up from 0)

- Caltrops
This mod adds caltrops, a simple trap made of scattered spiky structures, that injure these who step on it. Smithing research must be completed to construct them.
Quite ugly, and needs to be rearranged when someone steps on it. Can be easily made though - has 6 metal resource base cost. Also forces trespassers to slow down. Can be packed and sold or installed elsewhere.

- Exoskeletons and misc fixes
This is quite a huge mod, and I've been testing it for balance purposes for some time.
Check in game descriptions for more info - They modify stats like armor, accuracy, carrying capacity, blunt damage, and movement speed in a balanced way.
Adds a rare type of enemy that woudld wear those. Also research is required for both variants.

- Heavy tactical armor vest
Adds a vanilla friendly armor vest. It's not a replacemend mod, it aims to add more variety. New vest acts similiar to existing one, but provides more armor, is harder to craft, and significantly reduces walking speed when worn. Overall, it's something between regular vest and power armor.
Some raiders may use this too:)

- Armor vest cost fix
This simple fix changes the component cost (2) when manufacturing an armor vest, to cloth (30). The steel cost remains the same.

- Ship engine size adjustment
This small mod just changes the size of ship engine. All other core ship elements have dimensions that allow to build a symmetric ship, having odd dimensions in main axles. Ship engine, however, had this main dimension of 2. It was adjusted to be 3 now. Finally one can build more symmetrical ships!

- Multi-analyzer resources mod
Changes the resources required when building multi-analyzers. The costs did not include components somehow, whereas you need them for the bench, and to build anything that would provide electricity for it. An electronic computing machine like multi-analyzer really could use some components, too.

- Vitals monitor resources mod
Changes the resources required when building vital monitors. The costs did not include components somehow, whereas you need them for TV monitors (tube television), and to build anything that would provide electricity for it. The new cost is as follows:
100 steel (changed down from 180)
5 component

- Sleeping bags
This mod adds fur sleeping bags (single and double) that give more comfort than sleeping on the bare floor, and are less comfortable than beds.
They can be made of any leather (80,170). Recommended with my other mod, "beds need cloth" for immersive experience. There was a gap, where you could only either make your colonists sleep on the bare floor, or in comfortable beds later on - there was nothing in between and it disturbed me, so I modded this out.

- Grenade launcher
Adds a vanilla friendly grenade launcher. Acts similiar to frag grenades, but has better range, accuracy, and projectile speed, but takes a bit longer to reload. Made by combining shotgun sounds and modifying its base stats, and mixing it together with new frag grenade based projectile and graphics based on LMG graphics.

- Beds need cloth
This mod simply adds cloth requirement to all beds and modifies royal beds.
It's obvious that beds are not simply made of wood/steel/granite etc but have some material for pillows and sheets.
Also wen one could make beds only using some wood or steel it led to situations when there was no need for sleeping spots.
Now to have a bed you have to buy cloth if you don't wanna grow cotton, or simply buy whole beds from traders.
Regular beds require 65 cloth alongside regular wood/steel/stone requirements.
Double beds require 120 cloth alongside regular wood/steel/stone requirements.
The cost for royal beds, instead of wood/steel/stone plus gold, is as follows, for diversity:
110 wood/steel/stone (unchanged)
200 cloth
30 gold (down from 50)
30 jade

- Cloth sandbags
Changes the cost and properties of vanilla sandbags - cost used to include steel (3) only, now it requires cloth only (4). I cannot express how much the steel sandbags bothered me in the past!
Max hit points changed from 450 to 550, as sandbags really can withstand lots of gunfire.
Base amount of work doubled from 180 to 360 as filling bags with sand takes time.
Completly compatible with sieges (raiders use cloth to build their sandbgs).

- Foxes and wolves comfortable temperature fix
Changes the minimal comfortable temperature of foxes and wolves. They all used to have it set at -50.0 degrees C - even the african fennec fox, which inhibits deserts. Most other animals had it right (regular hares vs snow hares, labradors vs huskies), just foxes and wolves didn't get proper treatment. Now it is as follows:
Minimal comfortable temperature for:
Timber wolf: -30.0C
Arctic wolf: -60.0C
Red fox: -30.0C
Arctic fox: -60.0C
Fennec fox: -15.0C

- Medicine ingredients mod
This mod changes the resources required when crafting vanilla medicine - to represent that it comes with simple metal tools to aid its application or which may be used when operating. Its no longer only a drug in a case, but a fully fledged kit with some basic medical tools. The cost is now as follows:
1 herbal medicine (unchanged)
1 neutroamine (unchanged)
2 cloth (down from 3)
2 steel

- No medicine for hospital bed
It always bothered me how medical bed required medicine to be built, when there are tons of other resources that fit it better. I could not stand it, so I made this mod for myself, and now it's here for you.

- Blowgun with poison darts
Adds blowgun with poison darts. It has very low damage (1), low range and moderate accuracy. Poisons on hit. To be exact, each shot causes toxic buildup like when attacked by cobra. Around 7-10 well aimed darts is enough to kill a person. This was made by mixing and editting parts of short bow projectile and cobra attack from original defs to forge a new weapon. Blowgun can be crafted at a crafting spot, using cobra corpse (1), wood (35) and steel (5). required skills: Medicine 4, Crafting 6.
Blowguns may also be used by some tribespeople invading or visiting your colony. Updated on 10.10.2016 to have slightly better accuracy.

- Simple wooden staff
This mod adds simple wooden staff as a weapon craftable at the crafting spot. Needs oly 10 wood and little work. Deals less damage than other blunt weapons (8 ) but has a bit shorter cooldown (only by around 5% when compared to mace). I made this so you could fend off early raids with staves made of branches instead of using bare fists, especially as a tribe.
Simple staves may also be used by some juvenile tribespeople invading or visiting your colony.

- Throwing stones
Adds throwing stones as a weapon craftable at the crafting spot. They are made of stone blocks (10) and require little work. They have low range and poor accuracy.
Throwing stones may also be used by some juvenile tribespeople invading or visiting your colony.

- Slingshot
Adds slingshots as a weapon craftable at the crafting spot. They are made of throwing stones (1) and any leather (5). They have moderate range and moderate accuracy. My other mod 'throwing stones' is included there, too. Slingshots may also be used by some tribespeople invading or visiting your colony.

- Nuclear generators
Adds balanced, vanilla friendly nuclear generators. They need to be researched first. Both are fueled with uranium. Basic one (industrial level) is smaller and cheaper, but generally worse than its advanced counterpart (spacer level). Based around fueled generator code. Each of these has its own explosion chance and range upon being destroyed by damage. Basic one industrial and not powerful - around 50% chance, medium explosion, advanced - hi tech - powerful, but also safe - very tiny chance but huge explosion (sorry for RNG there).
Inspired by old ItchyFlea's RTG's v1.11 mod for Rimworld Alpha 9

To download any of these:
Proceed to the links below.
First link leads to folder with all mods. Download as many .zip folders as you like (each one is for one of the aforementioned mods).
Alternatively, second link leads to one file pack with all mods - making only one fildr in your mods directory, and one big mod to be enabled in your mod menu. contains everything - contents can hardly be separated.

Unpack downloaded files to your mods directory. Remember to enable them in game from the mods menu! If you encounter any conflicts with other mods try to put my mods on the very top or the very bottom of your mod list.
DOWNLOAD LINKS:

One .zip file with all the mods merged - recommended - on google drive
or
One .zip file with all the mods in separate folders - on google drive

or
Individual mods - google drive folder

I'd be more than glad to see some of these in future game versions:)
For now anyone can do anything with these mods, just remember to mention me in the credits if you use my work in your mods/modpacks.
That's all, I hope you liked my mods, please leave a comment if you have any feedback, or notice a thing in game worth fixing:)
Cheers!

License:
    Modpack makers can include my mods in their modpacks.
    Other modders can make derivative mods based on mine.
Remember about the Mod release rules - especially when it comes to credits

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Justas love

Holy shit, adding the basics and changing the game to make it more logical, awesome

kaptain_kavern

I like what I see there! Thank you

I'm a bit vanilla-balance-above-all guy myself with mods and those are like awesome little additions. Are they come as one mod or each separately?

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 19, 2016, 12:34:02 PM
I like what I see there! Thank you

I'm a bit vanilla-balance-above-all guy myself with mods and those are like awesome little additions. Are they come as one mod or each separately?

I put them all in separate zip files under one link to google drive folder:) I can imagine someone not liking to be forced to have all of them. They are intercompatible, so you can choose any or all of them.

gadjung

i'd recommend using general textiles (cloths + leathers) instead of just cloth for beds.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: TrueDestroyer on September 19, 2016, 12:42:24 PM
I put them all in separate zip files under one link to google drive folder:) I can imagine someone not liking to be forced to have all of them. They are intercompatible, so you can choose any or all of them.
You're a chief ;)    thanks again

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: gadjung on September 19, 2016, 12:43:51 PM
i'd recommend using general textiles (cloths + leathers) instead of just cloth for beds.

Yea, I considered this option, but the idea is beds are high tech so you wouldn't use skins or wool, and synthread, hyperweave and devilstrand are not comfortable. Also being high tech you can probably afford cloth, also it's the only common textile, being produced from cotton.

Exende

Too bad the game doesn't allow pawns to deploy their own inventory that i know of, because it would be great if a pawn can lug around a sleeping bag and if they are too far from their room that can just deploy to rest up.  Those sleeping bags look awesome by the way

Serenity

Some interesting stuff there. Definitely getting the hospital bed thing. And the fox fix. I'm currently in the arctic with a fennec fox and yeah it's a bit weird.

Facepunch

Sand bags could be hesco bastions, if you wanna be picky about the whole metal sandbags thing.

gillsminnow

Does one of these potentially clash with QualityBuilder? Upon installing I had an error relating to a clash I believe.

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: gillsminnow on September 19, 2016, 07:59:06 PM
Does one of these potentially clash with QualityBuilder? Upon installing I had an error relating to a clash I believe.
From what I see and if I understand how it works, this mod should probably be loaded after sleeping bags. It's the only furniture item with quality that I modded and therefore it probably must be recognized by this other mod. It should not clash with my other mods.
Edit: I've tested it, and it turns out that Quality Builder itself throws warnings even when loaded as the only mod besides core, so for me here it ends, this could be anything inside Quality builder.

Edit2: There are some new fixes and mods added now, check them out!

Justas love

Can you put all of this into 1 mod? because i dont really want to add 100 diffrent mods

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Justas love on September 22, 2016, 11:30:49 AM
Can you put all of this into 1 mod? because i dont really want to add 100 diffrent mods

I added the one .zip optional link for now:) I just modified it so it has a common mod folder, so you only tick one thing in mod menu;) I guess it'll be the recommended option now.

Also the new stuff is here! Armor vest and heavy tactical armor vest hav been tested and can be downloaded now.