[A17] Thingamajigs! (original by Shinzy)

Started by koni, May 30, 2017, 01:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koni

Quote from: Shinzy on October 02, 2014, 09:07:32 AM

Thingamajigs adds assortment of tools at your disposal
While you could hack your enemies to pieces with your spatula, it is not adviced!
It's far more useful for flipping those muffalo flanks on the frying pan

Available in your closest smithing workbenches (some assembly required)

Download
Thingamajigs!

Mod currently includes

Pneumatic Pick
Description: Reliable and deadly mining tool.
Stats: +25% mining speed, new +10% Mining yield
Materials: Metallic

Machete
Desription: Meant to be used for clearing path in dense jungles, Nowadays mostly used for clearing density from someone's shoulders.
Stats: +15% Plant work speed

Spatula
Description: The most cheftacular equipment for cooking. Or shaming your rivals with it's majestic slap
Stats: +35% Cooking speed, new: -5% Food poison chance
Materials: Metallic, Woody

Bonesaw
Description: Theres never a dull moment with a doctor armed with this and their favourite phrases at the ready. "Trust me! You won't feel a thing" And "Oops, is this supposed to bleed so much?"
Stats: +5% Base Healing quality, new: +10% Medical tending speed, +10% Medical operation speed, +15% Medical success chance

Riding crop
Description: While virtually useless as a weapon, Riding crops have proven to give extremely dominant image of the wielder, and thus speeding up the recruitment process
Stats: +5% Prisoner recruitment chance, new: +15% Animal tame chance
Materials: Leathery

Cane
Description: Cane with a heavy knob as a handle. Makes the user seem all the more respectable and very suave. Also helps them keep on their feet
Stats: +25% Social impact
Materials: Metallic, Woody

Mechano-Wrench
Description: Ginormous wrench, mainly used in spaceship maintenance but could technically be applied to mechanoid disassembly process.
Stats: +100% Mechanoid disassembly efficiency, new +5% Building fix chance

Tailorer 3000
Description: Ginormous needle with attached scissors, It's not known what kind of twisted mind conjured up this tool but it's been found to be efficient at what it does.
Stats: +30% Tailoring Speed

Meat Cleaver
Description: Tool designed to separate meat from bones and casting menacing shadows through shower curtains.
Stats: +15% Butchery efficiency, +10% Butchery speed

Breadknife
Description: your favourite tool for cutting bread and ending quarrels.
Stats: +5% butchery efficiency/speed +5 cooking speed new: -5% Food poison chance

Nailgun
Description: Your usual pneumatic nailgun.
Stats: +15% construction speed
Costs: 20 Steel and 1 Component

Chiphook
Description: What is a stone, eh? you cut it, you mold it, you chip it with a chiphook. Some say it's ruining a perfectly good stone; Others say it's art..
Stats: Mining Speed 2 %, Smoothing speed 10 %, Sculpting Speed 18 %, Stonecutting Speed 10 %
Materials: Metallic, Stone

Poke the fish for all my other mods

This mod was original created by Shinzy. I just updated it to alpha 17 and did small improvements, to get a better fitting into the new RimWorld version.

NeverEvil

So you can unequip and equip it? i can imagine something like this being annoying as hell for example when you want your pawn to cook something you have to equip him a spatula and then unequip it when you don't need it anymore

rudew

Quote from: NeverEvil on May 30, 2017, 02:15:23 PM
So you can unequip and equip it? i can imagine something like this being annoying as hell for example when you want your pawn to cook something you have to equip him a spatula and then unequip it when you don't need it anymore
While im not 100% sure, I can say that simple sidearms would fix this issue if you cant, since you can hold multiple weapons (At the cost of being very, very slightly slower and able to carry a tiny bit less) on the go, just saying that these two mods are synergistic if its not already automatic, which I doubt it is.

argusthecat

Yup.  Sidearms makes this SO much easier to use.  Give colonists a tool and a gun, and flip between them as needed.  It's even possible to set it up so that they also have a melee weapon, if everything is light enough.

koni

Originally I thought in reality you can also use one tool per job(cause who carries for example both chainsaw and pickaxe around). But the use of Simple Sidearms seems to be a good solution:)

deathstar

Since the tools are technically also weapons, would you consider a patch for Combat Extended? If that even is necessary.