[A15]True Mods 19.10.16 -vanilla friendly mods -new: some fixes and minor mods!

Started by TrueDestroyer, September 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EldVarg

Nice mods :)

Quote from: TrueDestroyer on September 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM
1 ) Heavy tactical armor vest
New vest acts similiar to existing one, but provides more armor, is harder to craft, and significantly reduces walking speed when worn.
Movement speed decrease - 0.25 (vanilla regular armor vest - 0.8 )

I'm guessing a typo here, -0.08 for regular armor vest?

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: EldVarg on September 23, 2016, 09:06:42 AM
Nice mods :)

Quote from: TrueDestroyer on September 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM
1 ) Heavy tactical armor vest
New vest acts similiar to existing one, but provides more armor, is harder to craft, and significantly reduces walking speed when worn.
Movement speed decrease - 0.25 (vanilla regular armor vest - 0.8 )

I'm guessing a typo here, -0.08 for regular armor vest?

Yup, just fixed, thx:)

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Supercheese

Dingo

If you're going to require this much cloth for beds, consider adding some cloth to the starting scenarios' spawns. At least enough to make 2-3.

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Dingo on September 24, 2016, 03:15:32 AM
If you're going to require this much cloth for beds, consider adding some cloth to the starting scenarios' spawns. At least enough to make 2-3.
Its derived from several things: The intention was to make you not to be able to build comfy beds from the beginning of the game, on first day. But you can grow cotton from the start of the game and get some cloth in a few days if you want it badly. You can get cloth from travelling caravans - you can even buy whole beds from traders. Someone can also use EdBard's 'Prepare Carfully' mod to embark with some cloth (or beds). None of these options were viable, everyone simply built comfortable beds on the first day. The bed was able to be crafted with just wood - this wouldn't be bad if there was something superior to bed. But no - simple bed was also an endgame item - being the best of the beds - there was no change there from first day - neolitic to spacer - after several years (well, maybe someone would use some hospital beds/royal beds when needed). This made sleeping spots useless. However sleepings spots are meh, so you can also use my other mod for leather sleeping bags - to have something between luxurious bed and sleeping spot on the ground - also many clothes require more cloth to craft - bed requirements is between tshirts and duster, and frankly I'm sure you'd want more cloth for a comfy bed;)

Dingo

Actually I take my statement back. I like the progression curve more when you need to struggle for it, like you suggested.

TrueDestroyer

Hey, there's been a huge update, you might want to downlaod new versions of old mods fixing minor stuff, or test new ones like exoskeletons - totally need your feedback on that one - it's too big for me alone to test it thoroughly.

Serenity

The folder with the individual mods seems to be empty. Not sure if it's just me but it worked before.

The merged zip would be better if it contained individual top level folders for each mod. Then you can download one file and copy just the folders you want.

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Serenity on September 28, 2016, 10:12:54 AM
The folder with the individual mods seems to be empty. Not sure if it's just me but it worked before.

The merged zip would be better if it contained individual top level folders for each mod. Then you can download one file and copy just the folders you want.
This folder with separate mods should work now, let me know if you still have issues.

I added the option you asked for, one zip with all mods but separate.

whatnow96

EldVarg

Nice balancing :).

I vote that your next mod will change the beauty values on different floors. Smooth rock 3 like now, Carpets should be 3 (up from 2), silver 4 (up from 3), and gold 6 (up from 4). Why else ever use other than smooth floors?

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: whatnow96 on September 28, 2016, 12:38:11 PM
Will this "mod pack" be on Steam anytime soon?
Not likely, I don't have Rimworld on steam and don't use steam. Well in future, maybe there will be something that I want badly and which I can only buy on steam.

Quote from: EldVarg on September 28, 2016, 03:17:52 PM
Nice balancing :).

I vote that your next mod will change the beauty values on different floors. Smooth rock 3 like now, Carpets should be 3 (up from 2), silver 4 (up from 3), and gold 6 (up from 4). Why else ever use other than smooth floors?

Nice idea! I used to think of it, but then in one of releases floor diversity to some extent was added.
I'll check this out and edit this post later, but as I remember it appears that there are differences - smooth rock uses lots of work and has more path cost than other floors, and silver floor increases immunity gain speed or sth - helps medical treatments. The floors used to be a lot less diverse a few alphas ago.

If  anyone has more ideas post them here:)

Edit: Okay I checked it out briefly, and yep, it's kind of boring and has potential for more variety - differnet costs, cleanlisness, beauty ratings, possibly flammability or some new floors like plasteel tile. And I'll add an orange carpet, my favourite color. Darn I'll have to repack the google drive again tomorrow:) maybe I really should get on github instead... Edit 2: Floors seem to be balanced though - also the cleanlisness mechanics.

Edit 2: I checked the floors, and beauty is an integer value, so I can't vary it by fractions. And adding or removing 1 or 2 somewhere would be against balance. What's more, all the stuff has different work to make, and some have different cleanlisness - so I'm not changing it now:)

You're welcome to post feedback on mods (especially balance in new ones) here! Also waiting for more mod ideas:) (currently only mods using existing game mechanics).

zenfiero

Hello! I am getting into your cool mods, and I noticed one small problem with the Nuclear Reactor mod version I downloaded from the individual packing. The "CompProperties_Breakdownable" lines have an excess </li> which prevented the mod for working for me. After removing them it worked just fine!

Thanks for your work!

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: zenfiero on September 30, 2016, 07:26:40 AM
Hello! I am getting into your cool mods, and I noticed one small problem with the Nuclear Reactor mod version I downloaded from the individual packing. The "CompProperties_Breakdownable" lines have an excess </li> which prevented the mod for working for me. After removing them it worked just fine!

Thanks for your work!

Thanks for all kind words, and for spotting the problem - I just uploaded fixed file:) It was a minor thing I fixed in "all in one" zip but forgot to fix in individual files:)