[A15]True Mods 19.10.16 -vanilla friendly mods -new: some fixes and minor mods!

Started by TrueDestroyer, September 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: EldVarg on September 28, 2016, 03:17:52 PM
Nice balancing :).

I vote that your next mod will change the beauty values on different floors. Smooth rock 3 like now, Carpets should be 3 (up from 2), silver 4 (up from 3), and gold 6 (up from 4). Why else ever use other than smooth floors?

Update is here ;) Finally I added your floors:) And new storytellers, too:)

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Thirite

I'm getting a pretty serious error with the exoskeleton mod. I made a light industrial exoskeleton in game, and when I load that savegame, I get an error in the .log, something about, "Not able to load Thing_Apparel_Industrial_LightExoskeleton, loading Apparel_Industrial_LightExoskeleton instead". Unfortunately I lost the exact details of the log, but when I try to save, it throws a huge wall of text error.

Edit: I managed to fix my save file by cleanly removing all references to exoskeletons from the file and deactivating the mod. I absolutely want to use the mod though.

TrueDestroyer

I'm sorry to hear that:/ I'm trying to reproduce this error. I can spawn exoskeletons and save the game , then load it, or close and open it and load it and it works without problems... I tested this just now with all my mods, and then with just the "exoskeletons and misc fixes". It works for me... I could really use a print screen of your error log when this error occures, this is beacuse "Not able to load Thing_Apparel_Industrial_LightExoskeleton, loading Apparel_Industrial_LightExoskeleton instead" does not appear to be a critical error, and I can only speculate, maybe there's something else with my mods that stops it from working? Maybe you use some other mod that heavily modifies apparel and they clash?
I haven't changed anything with this mod from version to version, it should be save compatible.

Thirite

Uh... so I think I fixed the problem with the old, unedited save. Apparently it had to do with RTMadSkills...? Disabling it changed nothing, but re-enabling to load after your mod seems to make it work again. I don't know.

Here's the pastebin of the relevant parts of the log file, before I re-enabled RTMadSkills.

EldVarg

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Thirite on October 04, 2016, 10:01:55 AM
Uh... so I think I fixed the problem with the old, unedited save. Apparently it had to do with RTMadSkills...? Disabling it changed nothing, but re-enabling to load after your mod seems to make it work again. I don't know.

Here's the pastebin of the relevant parts of the log file, before I re-enabled RTMadSkills.

Yeah, I read the log you posted, apaprently mad skills uses some apparel or modifies apparel stats, and the mod order may be significant there. It was probably the clash between these two mods.

Quote from: EldVarg on October 04, 2016, 10:19:22 AM
Wow thank you for the floors :)
No problem:)

Serenity

Thanks for the MadSkills tip. That affected me too.

Might be worth mentioning in the original post. Though after all that text it will be easy to overlook :)

Justas love

You should probably make the research tree a little bit better, because even when i'm a neotletic tech i can build powered lamps without researching electrisity.

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Serenity on October 04, 2016, 03:16:14 PM
Might be worth mentioning in the original post. Though after all that text it will be easy to overlook :)

I've put the info about the clash with this mod and recommended mod order on top:)
Also the new update is here, introducing Additional art descriptions and name generator options!
Check the first post for snapshot with examples of new descriptions.
Fixing typos took me a few days, but there still may be some I left out accidentaly, sorry!
I probably will pause mod development from now on I guess - or at least slow it down. Most of the content I wanted to fix or introduce is already here - in game, my mods, or someone else's mods - also I don't have as much free time now. Gotta focus on looking for a game design related job and finishing master degree in robotics.

Edit:
Quote from: Justas love on October 05, 2016, 12:14:37 PM
You should probably make the research tree a little bit better, because even when i'm a neotletic tech i can build powered lamps without researching electrisity.
I was gonna stop due to lack of feedback and other issues, and here you go, as I write this you post a mod Idea and I got "while you were writing, a new reply has been posted, you might want to reconsider your reply (...) "
So... We'll see about this tech tree:) ;)

Justas love

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Justas love on October 05, 2016, 12:14:37 PM
I checked it out, and you need elecctricity to build lamps, so no fix needed there:)

Zerohope

Hey i realy loved thechanges this mod gave me but only till a certain point. (a realy badb ug happned for me and some other people as it seems.)
When you build a multi analyzer in a building (dont know if it need to be next to a wall or not) and then build a powerconduit next to a wall with already existing power conduit the game goes in the full lsd color expirience.
Also as soon as you build the multi analyzer and safe the game your safe file is dead.
I realy like this mod and hope you can fix it so i can use it again.

Canute

Blowgun:
Basicly a nice idea, but pratical a very inaccurate weapon.
You miss far to much as that at long range. And as combat weapon the poison effect isn't strong enough.
I suggest either to increase the poison effect, that you just need 2-3 hits to kill/knockout a target or increase the acc. for long range (but thats pretty unrealistic for a blowgun).
Not to speak about the creating, need a cobra corpse, most of the maps i placed don't got cobras, and to get Fert. cobra eggs or animals on a trader is like a jackpot.
Maybe use Neutroamine instead.

Nuclear reactor:
Both need Hi-Tech research + Multi-Analyser. I suggest to let the simple reactor don't need the Hi-Tech bench.
Uranium is hard to get anyway.
And the Adv. reactor shouldn't be bigger then the simple one, so you can replace them better.

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Zerohope on October 08, 2016, 01:07:39 AM
When you build a multi analyzer in a building (dont know if it need to be next to a wall or not) and then build a powerconduit next to a wall with already existing power conduit the game goes in the full lsd color expirience.
Also as soon as you build the multi analyzer and safe the game your safe file is dead.
I realy like this mod and hope you can fix it so i can use it again.
I'll look into it, if I won't be able to fix it, I'l recalculate the costs and involve AI persona core instead of components, trying to maintain similiar overall price if possible (I know AI persona cores are kinda rare, but so is gold, so possible replacement here).
Edit: Doing some circuits around, I had no problems with graphic effects, but  after saving the game indeed it cannot be loaded again, even after the mod is removed(!) seems to be some power ciruit issue - maybe related to components - or maybe I did sth with power circuits there, I'll check it out. I may be able to fix this in a way that would recover everyones' savegames. Or not... :( I disabled the access to the mod, removing it from all locations, and posted a warning on top of first post. I will work on it in next few days. Sorry everyone! I just wanted you to have varied experience... haven't tested it enough. I'm felling really sorry for all of you that ran a permadeath game with my mods...
Also, question for you, how did you know others have this issue? Did they post it somewhere else?

Edit2: As I suspected, it goes the same for vital monitors - managed to get the visual glitch there... These buildings were not ready for handling components, probably. Vitals monitor resources mod is disabled too, and warning is updated.

Quote from: Canute on October 08, 2016, 09:13:31 AM
Blowgun:
Basicly a nice idea, but pratical a very inaccurate weapon.
You miss far to much as that at long range. And as combat weapon the poison effect isn't strong enough.
I suggest either to increase the poison effect, that you just need 2-3 hits to kill/knockout a target or increase the acc. for long range (but thats pretty unrealistic for a blowgun).
Not to speak about the creating, need a cobra corpse, most of the maps i placed don't got cobras, and to get Fert. cobra eggs or animals on a trader is like a jackpot.
Maybe use Neutroamine instead.

Nuclear reactor:
Both need Hi-Tech research + Multi-Analyser. I suggest to let the simple reactor don't need the Hi-Tech bench.
Uranium is hard to get anyway.
And the Adv. reactor shouldn't be bigger then the simple one, so you can replace them better.

Blowgun - I'm happy i didn't make it overpowered. Imagine, 6-8 shots kill a thrumbo. Idea is that when one or two experienced shooters from a tribe gets near your colonists with a blowgun its a new kind of danger to deal with - armors don't help there, and even after succesful fight conciousness is low, and toxic buildup decays over several days, unlike regular injuries. Also blowguns can be looted from invaders, or bought from weapon traders, that you can order from tribal factions via console to come visit you for some silver, on top of that they require no bench or research to be crafted - that's why I decided to not make them easy to craft - you would never craft shortbows then. And you got a reason to fight cobras now! Also I know that it makes it easier to obtain them in some biomes than in others, but again, the same goes for wood, crops, and lots of stuff. I know that using Cobra corpse is kind of far fetched, as no other thing in game uses certain corpses as a resource, on the other hand I like that it uses an in-game machanic in a new way. In future I may make them drop poison glands or sth, that will also have other uses, or make a plant that yields poison for general purposes (mostly weapons I guess). I will however boost the accuracy, and possibly range so there's a reason to buy/make them, and fight with them. I felt like they were kind of pathetic sometimes, rarely switching to "surprisingly deadly" and your feedback seems to prove they could use some buff, so that this "surprisingly deadly" side shows more often - the vanilla game has stuff like invaders with triple rocket launchers, so I probably worry about the balance too much.

Nuclear reactors-  even geothermal plant requires high tech bench. I know that the lesser reactor is well - not good, but it is an uninterrupted source of energy that can be placed anywhere, and is not meant to be available before - well... high tech bench, giving you time to use some fueled reactors, solar panels and turbines, and to find out that you desperately need multi analyzer and resources to get better power sources. If you manage to get any uranium, it will last for months. It is small, and that's intended - thats one of its few pros. Like - nice small uninterrupted power source, but with some downsides, and requiring some work - so available in mid game.
Advanced is on the other hand so endgame and kind of overpowered when you can afford it, and late game finding room for such a structure may be problematic - I know it, and it's intended. Something for something. Also it's worth to replace regular versions with advanced for safety, and efficiency reasons, as there's a huge, and intended gap there - so it forces players to make hard decisions - it's the main point of these mods. Gives something good that vanilla game doesnt give, but has such variety of requirements, that you find questioning yourself if it's worth it, because it may be situational (blowguns aim, lack of uranium). And when used correctly, is powerful, bot not unbalanced (you may use 3 good shooters to try and take down a thrumbo in 5 sec with wooden weapons - (I will buff them slightly) or you can have a uninterrupted power source anywhere, with fuel for years).

Also, the priority is on fixing multi analysers for now.

Serenity

Well, now I know what messed up my Boreal Forest game. These mods were one of the few that were new for that.

My error report is here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26536.0

I wasn't sure this was it though because others are having the same error with different mods