[A15]True Mods 19.10.16 -vanilla friendly mods -new: some fixes and minor mods!

Started by TrueDestroyer, September 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDestroyer

Now it will be like "everything is circular and simultaneously so *adjective*, that it is hard to notice the main subject". Should sound a bit better I guess.

Edit on 17.10.2016: There has been a bug with furnace, I forgot to assign workgivers, download "Light and heat sources" again if you used it (single file, or merged pack with all mods - i updated it everywhere) to be able to cook meals. 100% Save compatible. Sorry, just noticed and fixed it.

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Canute

The hvy industrial exo give +85 carry cap., the info on the pawn show 192 total carry cap.
But when he goint to gather mats to craft an appearal with 150 mats, he still runs 2 times. Same happen when he haul stuff to the stockpile.
Ok the hauling to the stockpile is gamemechanic, he allways just take that much to fill the existing field to the max. cap.
BUT, when you butcher something that give more then 75 meat, the pawn carry all the meat to the stockpile and split it on different field.
It is possible to adapt that feature ? Otherside the extra carry cap. is pretty pointless for healthy pawn.

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Canute on October 19, 2016, 06:10:10 AM
The hvy industrial exo give +85 carry cap., the info on the pawn show 192 total carry cap.
But when he goint to gather mats to craft an appearal with 150 mats, he still runs 2 times. Same happen when he haul stuff to the stockpile.
Ok the hauling to the stockpile is gamemechanic, he allways just take that much to fill the existing field to the max. cap.
BUT, when you butcher something that give more then 75 meat, the pawn carry all the meat to the stockpile and split it on different field.
It is possible to adapt that feature ? Otherside the extra carry cap. is pretty pointless for healthy pawn.

I see it now. Note that when creature gives like 400 units of food, the butcher still can carry it, even without exoskeleton. This is, sadly, not adoptable as far as I can tell. I will change the ratios between work speed (+), carrying capacity (-) and movement speed decrease (faster movement), and maybe even cost and value on this one.

Dingo

Quote from: TrueDestroyer on October 16, 2016, 09:44:00 AM
Now it will be like "everything is circular and simultaneously so *adjective*, that it is hard to notice the main subject". Should sound a bit better I guess.

This is still not as good grammatically. You need "so" after "is" because that relates directly to "that" after the comma. That's just how the sentence is structured (I don't know the exact names of all of these sentence parts, because I'm not a native speaker, but I do know how it should sound).

So your correct structure would be: "Everything is so X, that Y" (X & Y = anything you want that can fit).

What you're constantly doing is: "Everything is X, that Y" (I don't even include the "so" before the adjective because it's still contained in X, and doesn't influence the overall sentence arch).

I can't remember if I've seen any blatant examples of fixable grammar other than this specific sentence, but I definitely fixed/changed them in my suggestion XML if I have.

TrueDestroyer

I thought I was right, but actually you might be right.
What about "everything is so *adjective* and *very dynamic/circular*, that it is hard to notice the main subject".
Notice the lack of "so" again. - I'm just doing all this cause I believe that "so very dynamic" is meh, while maybe its ok.

Also, new update is coming soon.

Dingo

That's because you don't need the second "so", I didn't include it either if I remember correctly. The first "so" applies to the rest of the phrase until you reach the comma, splicing the sentence structure. You also don't need "very" as it is generally not a high-quality way to describe things.

I think "everything is so [adjective] and [composition], that it is hard to notice the main subject" would be the most straight-forward, cleanest way to structure this specific phrase.

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Dingo on October 19, 2016, 11:36:20 AM
You also don't need "very" as it is generally not a high-quality way to describe things.
yep I agree, but "very" before some words like "static" and "dynamic" is in the base game and I don't want to delete it...

Quote from: Dingo on October 19, 2016, 11:36:20 AM
I think "everything is so [adjective] and [composition], that it is hard to notice the main subject" would be the most straight-forward, cleanest way to structure this specific phrase.
Ok, I've put it like this in xml file, currently I'm preparing stuff for upload.

Dionizos13

Quote from: TrueDestroyer on September 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM
New update is here! Now with minor fixes.

Update: 19.10.2016
-Updated Fur sleeping spots with new graphics, also adding double sleeping bags. Mod is now known as Fur sleeping bags.
-Updated Additional art descriptions and name generator options - minor text fixes - again
-Updated Double sleeping spot - by adding another tiny mod to it, the single equipment rack. I did not want to make separate mod for it, and it fits there, making double of what was only single in vnailla, and vice versa.

Known issues:
RTMadSkills mod doesnt work with this mod (it probably has problems with mods that include stat modifying apparel)

I've been playing rimworld for around 2 years, I've been anticipating some changes and fixes yet they did not come, so I modded some stuff for myself. I decided to polish these mods and release them for everyone:).

I'm obsessed with game balance and mods being vanilla friendly - so that their content is indistinguishable from the original game content, and that's how I tried to make my mods.

The mods vary from minor recipe fixes or other single xml modifications promoting realism and immersion, to new in game objects like neolithic weapons (slings, throwing stones, blowpipes with poison darts), to functioninal buildings like nuclear generators.

Download links at the bottom - download the ones you want separately from google drive folder folder, or simply use the other link to download one .zip file with all of the mods as one.

One pack with all my mods merged:
This contains all my immersive vanilla friendly modifications.

Great work, but after true mod instalation something totaly mess up with translation. I played using Polish language after true mod i had tons of errors about "def linked translations error". I attache first lines from log: https://scr.hu/wRA0om
Polish fonts was totaly mass up in all rimworld (also in menu).

TrueDestroyer

It's probably about art descriptions mod, you should play without it, sorry. Not sure how other mods will behave if you use translated version.

Kapun

I have a bug: colonists can't haul more then 75 items even if the have a huge haul capacity (due to exoskeletons and boinics).
Changing mod order doesnt help. Does anyone else has this bug? Maybe a conflict with another mod is causing this?

TrueDestroyer

Nah, it's just vanilla game, and I rearranged the bonuses some time ago to compensate for this (less capacity buff, more workspeed buff).
It will add up though if your colonist can somehow (due to some disability) haul less than 75. Also, notice how butchers can haul hundreds of meat at once regardless, even in unmodded game. This is just base game issues.

Kapun

Quote from: TrueDestroyer on November 13, 2016, 09:16:03 AM
Nah, it's just vanilla game, and I rearranged the bonuses some time ago to compensate for this (less capacity buff, more workspeed buff).
It will add up though if your colonist can somehow (due to some disability) haul less than 75. Also, notice how butchers can haul hundreds of meat at once regardless, even in unmodded game. This is just base game issues.

So there is NO WAY to make colonists (not buchers) take more then 75 stuff in one run? If you could somehow do it, it would also be great for other mods like EPOE.

Kapun

I think that heavy industrial exoskeleton (HIE) should be rebalanced: instead of global work speed buff it should have bonuses to specific work types (like mining, plant cutting etc.)- HIE is meant to make a human physically stronger, but not smarter. As it stands now its increasing research speed too, which is wierd. So it should probaly have a huge bonuses to physicall tasks:mining, plant cutting, crafting, stonecutting, constructing, medium bonus to smithing, growing, cleaning. And probaly a penality to surgery (and treating) (both speed and quality) and sculptoring as HIE is probably too heavy and bulky for delicate tasks. Then, a huge damage bonus for blunt weapons(and fists) and a medium one for sharp melee weapons (blunt weapons more rely on user's strenth then sharp ones) but a penality to hit chance and melee cooldown (its heavy and bulky and not desined for combat). And you should probaly reduce movement speed penality as its realy huge (4-3 times slower then normal is way too much (in my opinion anyway). Its a spacer age exoskeleton! It can support its won weight. It shouldnt be so slow!
TrueDestroyer, please say, what do you think about the idea? Everyone else-any comment is welcome!
P.S. TrueDestroyer, your mods are totaly great! Everyone, sorry for my bad English.

TrueDestroyer

Actually, this thing with separate speeds for different worktypes is a great idea - i just put the generic workspeed to avoid tons of different coefficients listed in description, but it could use some tweaking and I see now it can be exploited towards researching at excessive speed, which was mostly unintended. I'll fix it as yo suggested in the next update, but this one will be probably for A16, if ever:)
Also, It's not a spacer armor like powered armor - it's industrial level technology, and uses only steel and components to be crafted:)! (You found a bug - yes, it was spacer, fixed now, check bottom of the post:d)
To compensate this, the speed debuff is huge, and if you leave a regular colonist in it for several days his mood will suffer, and it's intended. This promotes static jobs like drilling or crafting (or research, which was not 100% intended). It should not be a regular suit, but more like occassional "tool" - therefore it is optional, and one can have situations where they are a must have (like having a dedicated miner or crafter, tons of mining drills on map etc), or just plain useless through the entire playthrough (you would just sell these to traders then all the time).
The speed debuff has also another role - you can say outright which pawn has the armor by the way they move and behave, same with the enemies wearing those - in regular raids they will intentionally be left behind, so one raid may result in several attacking waves of enemies, and you may reconsider your tactics agains these heavily armored enemies.

I've always felt that the movement debuff is huge, but when I see the cost to craft one I just fear, that reducing this debuff will make it a default choice suit for every pawn in every colony, whereas it's a harsh game, and I wouldn't like to make it too easy. I'll look at it again. I could rise the research points and steel cost to make one, while lowering the debuff by 25-30%. I tested it, and then this exoskeleton becomes kind of boring. So I decided that big speed debuff will be a characteristic feature for this one, and low cost will encourage people to think of clever applications for maximum productivity (not 100% intended for research grinding though XD).
I tested different cost/workspeed/movement speed ratios but this one gives this kind of thoughts (I hope):
"oh it's a work enhancing exoskeleton made with just steel and little components! Ah but I see it's not spacer tech so when it comes to movement it will basically almost incapacitate my colonist if he wears it, what should I do... Maybe I should just wait till a raider drops one, or till I could research Powered Armors? Or maybe my jogger guy with bionic legs will handle one just fine? Shall I research it now? I also have this pawn that is superior only with mining and he works around one area all the time, not moving around that much, as he sleeps by the drill... Oh man I wish I could just have powered armors, but I guess It'll take some more years till I'll be able to craft one. This flawed industrial technology must suffice for now."

So it's not spacer and it is supposed to be "meh" in some cases, and players should prefer Powered Armors over this. (It's actually around 5-6 times cheaper than Powered Armor if I recall correctly).
I still feel like it may be useful in some cases (to be scavenged from raider corpses and sold, while diversyfying raids, to be used when mining with drills or mass manufacturing; I wish 'or hauling tons of stuff at once' would be there, but game simply won't allow this at this state).

Thanks for feedback!:) I'm glad you enjoy my mods:)

EDIT: OMG I just checked it just to be sure, and well - Heavy exoskeletons were supposed to be industrial level research, not spacer. I'm updating it now, sorry. This will be a silent update:) changing one line in ResearchProjectDefs\Exoskeletons.xml , line 24 "Spacer" to "Industrial".
Thanks for pointing this out! I though that you mixed something up and it turns out I messed up.

Edit: It's updated now:) Haha so I guess it's balanced as intended now?:)

scumbag

Holy shit, obligatory bump. This is a front page quality thread and mods. So much data. ;) I'm glad I'm of those people who genuinely enjoy modding games until they're broken and spending 6 hours getting them to working properly, or I'd never have made it to the 7th (8th?) page of "Releases".

Keep up the good work! :D
Opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated "I am interested in your nipples" or not. - David Thorne (http://www.27bslash6.com/)