Rescued people freezing to death when released

Started by Serenity, September 19, 2016, 12:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: carbon on September 27, 2016, 09:06:52 AM
I think they only put on enough clothes to avoid the naked mood de-buff.

Try to strip her again and quickly remove everything but a decent quality parka. That should keep her alive at least until she gets off-map.

+1

This is how it works. I keep a one square stockpile of pants and Tshirt/parka (depending on map temp) in prisons. You can set the quality so they only get reject stuff. Then when you get prisoners, strip them when they come in and haul the clothes. They will then wear top/bottom to clear the buff, which should be your warm clothes and Roberts ya sisters brother.

Shurp

OK, problem is, it's -30'C outside and I don't have any spare parkas...

...well, that isn't *quite* true.  I do have a lot of buried dead pirates wearing hole-filled parkas that I refuse to have filling up my indoor stockpiles.  Hmmm.  I guess I could dig a rotting corpse up and see if its parka is warm enough to keep her alive.  Ewwww.....

[edit] I just wanted to add that digging up the parka worked.  She wasn't happy on the trip out of town but she didn't die, which kept her son happy.  Maybe I'll see her again someday?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.