[V1.0.2059] - LED Technology Pack and Custom Glow Flooder V1.0.2059

Started by ppumkin, September 19, 2016, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppumkin

I am happy to present LED Spot Light using a custom glower for angled lights, in my LED Technology Pack.
Some back story here.

Download V1.0 (V1.0)

~~Changes in 1.0.2059~~
Works with Rimworld 1.0
Some bug fixes
LED Tech versions will follow Rimworld Versions from now on

~~Recent Changes in 0.16~~
Updated to work with B19

~~Recent Changes in 0.11-0.14~~
Updated to work with A18
Removed obsolete code

~~Recent Changes in 0.10~~
I figured out how to use Atlas type sprites so now you can drag and build LED Centre strips. They will automatically curve and join. Also I made the LED Strip work like a conduit (This is where I found out about the Atlas Sprite too) This eliminates ugly wires hanging of everywhere and also doubles up as a power conduit. Also, changed that LED's do not clash with Ediface'essez(buildings) (so again, like a conduit) so can run under doors but ontop of floors. Technically you can put a light in the wall too... not sure if that is any great idea or not.

Re balancing of costs (building/walking) sprite updates.  OLD LED's will not glow any more. Please destruct them and rebuild (This is to prevent save game crashing - Old LED's will be completely removed in several versions as a cleanup routine)

~~Lights~~

LED Centre Strip (8W)
- Uses considerably less power than Edison bulbs.
- Light radius is ~30% less than standing lamp.
- Due to impurities of materials used to construct the only colour range is warm white.
- Not safe for outdoor use

LED Corner Strip (8W)
- The same as LED Strip but aligned to the corner to allow for snug fits against walls
- Not safe for outdoor use

LED Spot Light (25W) (Sprite will be updated soon)
- 45 degree intense security spot light.
- My own custom GlowFlooder. Does not clash with CCL or PandaPack
- Specifically for outdoor use! (best used with darker mod)

LED High Power Array (50W)
- An array of LED's totalling 50Watts of consumption which provides maximum area of light
- Safe for outdoor use.

~~Buildings~~

LED Hydroponics (100W)
- UV LED Lamps mounted directly over the Hydrobath for direct gamma injection.
- Does not need a Sun Lamp but effective growth rate is reduced by ~15%
- No more ackward positioning like original Hydroponics and Sun Lamp.

GitHub
View on GitHub

Download

Download V0.16 (B19)

Steam
View Steam Page

Screens

'Sharing is caring'
- Unknown

harpo99999

will you be releaseing it to the NON-steam community?
if not why not?

ppumkin

Hi yea, will release source code on github and a package here? somehow :)

I am just cleaning up the code a bit. I hope people create more glowFlooders and Pull Request  against this. But now I have an issue of mixed concerns, where I first started out as LED Technology now turned into a GlowFlooder Injector...
'Sharing is caring'
- Unknown

ppumkin

'Sharing is caring'
- Unknown

zmadz

Master Bucketsmith

Still think it's amazing what you managed to create! :)

lc-soz

Would be cool if the UV hydroponics had a bonus fertility when illuminated with sunlamp, something like 20% more than normal hydroponics. Would be the ultimate plant grower.

FisherEx

Hey, where are those wall lights from?

ppumkin

Quote from: FisherEx on October 20, 2016, 07:13:51 AM

Emmm? Can you elaborate please, by what you mean where they are from? I dont unerstand your question.
'Sharing is caring'
- Unknown

Commander Blackwatch

Very helpful mod Led are great the light is balance and Electricity need and the Led Spotlight is amazing useful i like it and Led UV Hydroponics good and useful and Led light strip are great i really need this for my park and house also thanks for this mod is very helpful .

LED Light strips : 9.8/10
LED High Power Array : 9.1/10
LED Hydroponics : 9.4/10
LED Spot Light : 9.9/10

Average : 9.7/10

P.S : Keep Great Work  :)
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

ppumkin

Wow. Thanks mate. Those sure are some pretty precise scores you provided there. Not had time to do any more udpated since I posted v0.10 - lots of real life stuff going on but I have so many more ideas I would like to do.

Keep on enjoying.

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on October 20, 2016, 09:44:01 AM
Very helpful mod Led are great the light is balance and Electricity need and the Led Spotlight is amazing useful i like it and Led UV Hydroponics good and useful and Led light strip are great i really need this for my park and house also thanks for this mod is very helpful .

'Sharing is caring'
- Unknown

FisherEx

Quote from: ppumkin on October 20, 2016, 08:53:59 AM

Emmm? Can you elaborate please, by what you mean where they are from? I dont unerstand your question.
I mean, are wall lights included in the mod or this is from another mod? Because I see wall mounted lights on your screenshots and this is something vanilla lacking.

ppumkin

You would come to find that everything in the screenshots:- are not available in vanilla.
That is why I made this mod. So to answer your question, quite literally really.

I made this mod pack, which besides all the other fancy stuff, include wall lights, which I also made. It's nothing complex really, I just got some pro to make the sprite and applied a glow comp to the item. That was the least complicated light in the entire mod pack. You may find the 45 degree light quite interesting though. I personally like that one  8)

Enjoy pal.  ;)

Quote from: FisherEx on October 20, 2016, 12:48:43 PM
Quote from: ppumkin on October 20, 2016, 08:53:59 AM

I mean, are wall lights included in the mod or this is from another mod? Because I see wall mounted lights on your screenshots and this is something vanilla lacking.
'Sharing is caring'
- Unknown

mabor0shi

Quote from: ppumkin on October 20, 2016, 09:48:38 AM
Wow. Thanks mate. Those sure are some pretty precise scores you provided there. Not had time to do any more udpated since I posted v0.10 - lots of real life stuff going on but I have so many more ideas I would like to do.

Keep on enjoying.

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on October 20, 2016, 09:44:01 AM

LoL I've seen this guy elsewhere giving 9._ to stuff. I love it. I always want to b that precise, but am usually limited to _.5 or else I'm afraid ppl will think i'm crazy. I haven't tried this mod out yet, but I give the asthetics a 9.8 :) that glow looks sick & I appreciate the time it must have taken to make yor demo pic. Question: what's the passability on the strips?
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

zmadz