[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coercion

I like the idea and we can add it to this mod. We can work on the arid shrubland after the tropical rainforest.

kaptain_kavern

Okey dokey. BTW that means you will have to draw a horn :p

Coercion

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 29, 2016, 08:06:40 PM
Okey dokey. BTW that means you will have to draw a horn :p

alright lol

We could also add elephant tusks

kaptain_kavern

They're already in Vanilla ;-)

For Bongo's code I took bit from elephants and thrumbos code because they both drop something on kill. That's when I realized I will need to custom BodyDef. I had preferred they drop when butchered rather than on death but that wasn't possible with only the XML features

Coercion

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 29, 2016, 08:38:13 PM
They're already in Vanilla ;-)

For Bongo's code I took bit from elephants and thrumbos code because they both drop something on kill. That's when I realized I will need to custom BodyDef. I had preferred they drop when butchered rather than on death but that wasn't possible with only the XML features

I didnt think about that. Will it look weird that the corpse has horns attached even after the horns are dropped? also, will it create an extra haul chore if you just want thr meat?

res34

Maybe dropping body parts could be a mod in its own? Like deers and antelope dropping antlers/horns and such, just to add new means of making money in the game and make hunting more profitable in general.

res34

Quote from: Coercion on September 29, 2016, 07:57:44 PM
I like the idea and we can add it to this mod. We can work on the arid shrubland after the tropical rainforest.

Well if you're planning on working on that next...

- Giant Armadillo
- Sable Antelope
- Caracal
- Hyrax
- Gray Langur
- Aardvark
- Red Kangaroo
- Agile Wallaby
- Blesbok
- Honey Badger

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Coercion on September 29, 2016, 09:13:47 PM
I didnt think about that. Will it look weird that the corpse has horns attached even after the horns are dropped? also, will it create an extra haul chore if you just want the meat?

They are forbidden by default (it's vanilla mechanics i've done nothing). I got what you mean, but as the only purpose of animal bodies are to be butchered I think I can live with that. Colonists with eye or ears missing are still represent the same way and it never bothered me ;)

Quote from: res34 on September 29, 2016, 09:23:02 PM
Maybe dropping body parts could be a mod in its own? Like deers and antelope dropping antlers/horns and such, just to add new means of making money in the game and make hunting more profitable in general.
You'd prefer it to be modularize because it's not a part that interest you enough ? I ask just to understand.

Because if I make that a separate mod I will add more mechanics lol.
I'm already going nuts in my head : Make a real Hunter's mod with elephant tusks and rhino horns consolidating in a new "stuff" : ivory - that can be used to craft furnitures... and even more if only I could correctly draw ^^ like trophies to hang to wall

res34

Oh I just suggested as a separate mod simply so that you wouldn't have focus on adding that now if it took too long or something and ultimately distracted you. I could personally imagine plenty of uses for a hunter's mod, like making antlered hats or some new tribal gear. I recall two mods, one that let you make animal rugs, and another that let you have stuffed trophies, but a mod that expanded far beyond that however.... oh my!

On a slightly different note, what animals should be appearing in the jungle now? I'm seeing turkeys, alpaca, boomalope and such. I know that there are jungle-dwelling turkeys and all, but I don't recall seeing those on the animal list before. I'm gonna try and reinstall the mod, just to make sure I didn't mess anything up.

Coercion

The only animals you should see in the rainforest are those listed on the first page of this thread. You may have another mod creating issues.

kaptain_kavern

You are right, you should not have turkeys or alpacas in our modded biome. If you happen to reinstall (and it's the case for any updates and with any mods) the only "correct" way is to erase completely the mod folder (or at least empty the folder completely) before re-extracting. Please be sure to proceed that way.

Also if you have other mod in play, it's possible they also modify biomes or animals, you can try to put our mod last in mod order.

About the "hunter's mod" in fact it could also coincide with an idea Coercion had recently so we will see. Else as you've said it could distract us a bit but it's likely I will put some free time (if I find a bit more :-p ) on the idea ^^

res34

Just finished doing a complete reinstall of the mod, so time will tell. Also put the mod at the very bottom of the list. At the very least, if anything good came out of this, I did find these beautiful photos of what google is telling me are jungle turkeys (not so sure about the last one though):

Hydromancerx

Quote from: res34 on September 29, 2016, 09:50:30 PM
Quote from: Coercion on September 29, 2016, 07:57:44 PM

Well if you're planning on working on that next...

- Giant Armadillo
- Sable Antelope
- Caracal
- Hyrax
- Gray Langur
- Aardvark
- Red Kangaroo
- Agile Wallaby
- Blesbok
- Honey Badger

Well in my other post I was thinking different biomes can be mostly different regions. Obviously there are cross overs from different parts of Earth. So like Arid Scrubland can take the place of African Savanna, and the Desert can be a mixture of the Australian Outback with some American Southwest.

I imagine the founders of rimworlds would seed them with plants and animals from Earth and then make hybrid ecosystems using plants and animals that came from the same biome but not necessarily the same place on Earth. As a result they make competently new ecosystems. I also imagine some new species might evolve from that or even genetically modified stuff.

Nea is a good example of a planet seeded with Earth species that has evolved it own new species.

Nea
http://hyrotrioskjan.deviantart.com/gallery/55617682/Nea

Matnjord

This mod adds so much atmosphere and meaning to the jungle, it's great!

That being said I feel like something is a bit off with the fauna, during my second winter most of the prey seems to have disappeared leaving my colonist as the only acceptable meal for the (seemingly strongest creature in the entire game) tigers and jaguars. From the occasional twice a season on average attack I'm now dealing with daily attacks on my guys, I've just barely finished the outside perimeter which was a pain because finding that one breach in the wall amongst the vegetation was a nightmare. The jungle is teeming with those striped murderers! 

Coercion

Thanks for the feedback :)

What version of the mod are you running?

We will make sure that our animals are able to spawn in the colder temperature, but v1.1 and v1.2 adds more prey animals.