[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coercion

I don't think that the dps numbers are as big of a deal in game as they seem on paper. I really need some more in game hands on testing for this, but predators do not attack often. The solution is to not start stabbing a tiger with a knife. Similiar to what Igabod said though, this can be self customized in the file Defs/ThingDefs_Races/.xml under meleeDamageBaseAmout. Just lower this number if you need to. Feel free to provide more feedback though after testing in game. I will lower the panda damage in the next release, but I need more discussion on the cats. Also, the next release may introduce Komodo Dragons that cause infections on bite. And, the idea for a constrictor that has a job order to constrict colonists to death has been played around with. This is when the rain forest gets hardcore :P

Good idea with the brush clearing. In the near term, remember that it rains a lot, so fires should be less of a concern than they are in other biomes.

I do like the idea of locking some plants behind research, but we need to make sure that this doesn't cause more compatibility issues. The same being true for more consumable recipes (e.g. coffee).

gillsminnow

One thing I did notice is that all the cats seem to have the same stats. i.e. there is no difference between the Tiger and the Jaguar barring the sprite. Are the animals able to be traded? If so and the Tiger is going to be the absolute pinnacle of the animal kingdom then it should probably be more expensive than the base cats too.

If you're able to provide a working animal template I am happy to have a go at balancing each of the creatures, as far as I can see in the xmls the cats all take their stats from the cat base. I'm not sure 100% what I need to be taking from the base to give each creature a different personality.

Coercion

Thanks for the continued feedback :)

Currently, all of the big cats are the same, but we can definitly customize stats. The same code should work in each specific animal def as it does in the base animal def. I will be adding more animals soon, so there will be other strong creatures (e.g. Gorillas) I will also look into balancing the trade prices.

I will create an excel template for the animal stats that you can manipulate.

These are the main stats that matter: MoveSpeed, MarketValue, meleeDamageBaseAmount (for each attack), baseHealthScale, manhunterOnTameFailChance

gillsminnow

Nice one coercion! I'll have a look at it when you're done and see what I can come up with for you.

Coercion

Quote from: gillsminnow on September 20, 2016, 11:38:41 AM
Nice one coercion! I'll have a look at it when you're done and see what I can come up with for you.

The rain forest may have around 30 animals once everything is in, so it will need some balancing :)

Are you still planning on a lets play? do you have a link to it?

gillsminnow

Quote from: Coercion on September 20, 2016, 11:54:27 AM
Quote from: gillsminnow on September 20, 2016, 11:38:41 AM

The rain forest may have around 30 animals once everything is in, so it will need some balancing :)

Are you still planning on a lets play? do you have a link to it?

Yeah definitely planning a let's play still. Trying to get everything compatible with my other mods before I start though. I've not modded anything before Rimworld but I've managed to remove the duplicate plants that Vegetable Garden has and hidden away some of the other wild growing stuff (not behind research but so it only grows wild). Will try the seed suggestion Kavern mentioned to help dial back vegetation growth.

Here's the thumbnail I've gone for for the series - https://i.gyazo.com/54d6a00bfac54c8ac8e6750ff7bf4532.jpg

And the link you wanted :) https://www.youtube.com/gillsminnow

kaptain_kavern

QuoteV1.0.1 - Wild modded Vanilla plants are now completely separate from their crop version counterparts and should not impact your farming habits

I hurried a bit for release this in time for your LP Gillsminnow ;) (else I had corrected more things before releasing ^^)

Also if you want custom mods or help to tweak some in order to have a good modmix for the LP feel free to use the "KAP signal" (PM me :p)

Coercion? You should really use the link "https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/CK_AnimalPlant_Pack/releases/latest" in OP when you can change it please. It will always point to latest version (now 1.0.1) without you needing to change it every time ;)

Coercion

Coercion

@Katain-Kavern

thanks for the quick update. the OP should already be linked there.

edit: my bad. I must not of saved the updated link. fixed.

kaptain_kavern

Even Toxic Fallout can't bring the mighty Rain Forest down ^^
All animals died though...
Randy gave me Toxic Fallout + Heat Weave + Eclipse at the same time  :P

SpaceDorf

That looks so fantastically awesome.

Gratz on the release, my Stomach nearly made me miss it !
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

gillsminnow

Kap and Coercion can you guys try going into dev mode and executing incident TraderCaravanArrival? Doing a bit of testing and get an error with it. It's fine without the mod loaded.

https://i.gyazo.com/10ea39c0b3f442f8d891015a9b40a7c2.png

That's the error.

kaptain_kavern

I had it some times, mostly when your colony is young and doesn't have that much value.
It doesn't stop the game. It doesn't forbid factions to came by.
It just "happen" sometimes in early game. Never had problem with it.

res34

Will this work with the "Increased Forest Density - Deadly Version"? That mod increases the density of trees in jungles (as well as temperate and boreal), as well as the stats of some of animals, primarily the predators such as bears and wargs, by increasing their damage, speed, and possibly their health as well.