[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coercion

I was out of town last week, but will push out updates again.

This mod will eventually include all biomes. If we ever add fictional creatures, they will be included in a different mod or add-on.

Draegon

res34 I'm using the newest one. I think the spawning was just being weird because I killed the predators with dev mode and now it's almost all elephants.

BlueWinds

I'm also seeing an abundance of predators, but in my case only after a toxic fallout. Start of the game + year 1, the ecosystem was perfectly healthy. But after fallout cleaned out the animals, the new ones migrating in all end up eaten by predators and seldom manage to travel all the way to the center of the map.

So basically toxic fallout wrecked the ecology, and if it's recovering, it's recovering slowly enough that I can't see it. I'm going to try hunting a bunch of the predators to see if that helps - if it does, then great, emergent ecology management gameplay! I'm totally down with that.

Draegon

Just found out that Blight does not destroy the crops from this mod. (Not complaining but figured you should know)

Mackinz

Hydromancerx

Tried to make an Armadillo for ya but no front or back art.

EDIT: Made a back but it turned out bad and blurry. :(

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

FurkanOkatan

Hey, I'm loving the mod but i noticed that this mod causes the boomalopes to disappear. it wouldnt matter much but i want to use another mod where you can collect neutroglycerin from them by farming . is there anyway to solve this. pls dont get me wrong i love the mod but can you guide me to modify your mod so that i can still have boomalopes and boomrats. Thanks in advance!!

Draegon

I LOVE this mod but it seems to be bugged when it comes to caravans. I've noticed that it gives errors like  "Faction Smalltown-at-the-mountain of def outlander town has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms (points=47 traderCaravan=True). It sometimes spawns them if I remove any rock around the edge of the map. I think the game keeps trying to spawn them weird, like inside mountains. I hate to bother you guys about this but caravans are how I make most of my silver XD

Malinov

Quote from: Draegon on October 13, 2016, 03:52:32 PM
I LOVE this mod but it seems to be bugged when it comes to caravans. I've noticed that it gives errors like  "Faction Smalltown-at-the-mountain of def outlander town has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms (points=47 traderCaravan=True). It sometimes spawns them if I remove any rock around the edge of the map. I think the game keeps trying to spawn them weird, like inside mountains. I hate to bother you guys about this but caravans are how I make most of my silver XD

I had the same problem a while ago, spent about an evening fooling around in the load order. In the end, I put this mod to the front of the load order under Core, and deactivated any mods that had a 'BiomeDefs.xml' in them (I only had CatDiversity with it). This seemed to do the trick, not sure which part, but I'd advise you to try doing this.  :D

Draegon

Most of my mods are via steam, how would I know if they have that?

Malinov

I don't use it on Steam, but to the best of my knowledge, mods are located in D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content, and their folders are a string of numbers (such as '294100'), so it's a bit harder to find specific mods, but if you manage to locate them, search for 'Biomes_Moderate.xml' in Defs\BiomeDefs folder.

However, I suspect the mod devs have a better clue as to what the problem is here, I'm just basing this solution off of my experience.  :)

kaptain_kavern

Hi all,

Sorry for the last week I was ill and Coercion was out of town.

Development Log

So development is still on though and the next update will be the biggest of the mod brief history in term of features (not sure about textures :p ).

Quote- New plants,
- new animals,
- a lot of little corrections (the positive side of me being sick is that I played a very long run/play - more than 5years in game - and spotted little bugs),
- coffee that give boost to rest need,
- unwanted blight immunity corrected (thanks to Zhentar's precisions/explanations),
- wood yielding modded Trees are now locked behind a (cheap) Research Project (for de-cluttering the crop menu),
- completely disabled non finished animals (some monkeys and birds with still graphic placeholders were spawned as starting pets or brought by traders),
- completely renamed all Defs in the code for compatibility (we had the same name for Pandas with ones from cucumpear's CPBeasties, per example),
- Elephant will eat trees,
- modded vanilla animals for adding milkable/shearable to some and dropping horns/antlers to others (High-value items meant to be sold - or use as makeshift weapons),
- adding a complete new trader that mostly deal with animals and animal products (they always will bring at least one rare animals),
- young chicken-like birds now looks like chicks and not minified adults,
- Junglefowls can now lay unfertilized eggs (like vanilla chickens but at a slower pace),
- corrected texture for potted Heliconia

We also are working on trying to add beehives and apiaries in a vanilla-friendly (no .dll) way and I have a compatibility patch for A Dog Said ready. We also have worked a bit on a optional patch with added recipes/crafting and meals (no ETA for know, but it's a little bit more than just a future project ^^).

Quote from: Malinov on October 13, 2016, 04:44:34 PM
Quote from: Draegon on October 13, 2016, 03:52:32 PM

I had the same problem a while ago, spent about an evening fooling around in the load order. In the end, I put this mod to the front of the load order under Core, and deactivated any mods that had a 'BiomeDefs.xml' in them (I only had CatDiversity with it). This seemed to do the trick, not sure which part, but I'd advise you to try doing this.  :D

This in fact is related to the trader faction not having low enough caravans value for sending ones (it mostly happened in the beginning and tend to not came back often when your colony wealth climb), it was not game-breaking (but still I don't like my mods sending errors, even yellow ones) but I'm pretty sure the new way used in next release had this corrected (It will now be a complete new trader kind but still sent by vanilla factions)

Quote from: FurkanOkatan on October 13, 2016, 03:05:38 PM
Hey, I'm loving the mod but i noticed that this mod causes the boomalopes to disappear. it wouldnt matter much but i want to use another mod where you can collect neutroglycerin from them by farming . is there anyway to solve this. pls dont get me wrong i love the mod but can you guide me to modify your mod so that i can still have boomalopes and boomrats. Thanks in advance!!
Yep we completely have removed Boomalopes from the tropical biome. You can re-add them by adding a tiny line in CK_AnimalPlant_Pack/Defs/BiomeDefs/Biomes_Moderate.xml, starting from line 130/132 it is the animal repartition ratios, so if you can just add <Boomalope>0.35</Boomalope> just above or under any other animal line. 0.35 is the vanilla value for Tropical rainforest but you can change this too.

And yes you can tweak, add or remove any animals with this ;)

Draegon

By the way, are Toucans planned? Because I had a manhunter pack event with them and they were derpy as hell. I have a mod that has the event for any animal.

kaptain_kavern

Yes they are comprise in the "non finished animals" I was talking about  :P.

In fact, I often use graphic placeholders (from other mods or free 2D sprites found on the web) so I can progress with the code while Coercion is drawing textures. But I was supposed to disable all before releasing and forgot some

Draegon

Well it might not be your fault as idk how the event mod works specifically. :D