[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coercion

Quote from: w1r3dh4ck3r on November 10, 2016, 04:59:28 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to report this but, this mod loaded together with ED Prepare carefully causes the Animal tab in PC not to work properly (it does not open, or I should say it does not render) gonna make another test but it seems to me that the load order does not matter for this problem to occur, is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

do you have the latest version of this mod? that should have been fixed in the last release

Pink Omega

Hello! Can I ask you something? I'm currently doing a mod, so, in wich program did you made the creatures?

<=To Be Continued/\/

Coercion

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 11, 2016, 03:11:23 PM
Hello! Can I ask you something? I'm currently doing a mod, so, in wich program did you made the creatures?

Hey. I use GIMP for all of the texture editing, but any graphic program that allows for a transparency layer will work (Photoshop, etc.)

jeeohlee

is there a patch for vegetable garden?? if so could you quote it in the first post?? if not...then...prioritize in making the patch??
deal with it...

kaptain_kavern

Hi jeeohlee,

For now we've made no compatibility patch at all.
It's kinda delicate (not to say sometimes counter-productive) to make patch like that as we haven't progressed more toward something we consider a final state. I mean we are keeping adding stuff in (I know Veg Garden still do as well) and making a patch like that right now (this soon in the dev process, for us), will make me have to spend/dedicate time to the patch only each time we will add/modify plants.

Note that it's something I really want to do in the end (VG compatibility), and I have this intention in mind from start, but I don't want to prioritize this over the mod for now.

lllMWNlll

[SUGGESTION]
Hey kaptain.

Work on those coffee beans. Pawns should able to preparate a smug of coffee. So i'm suggeting do this on the "Crafting Spot" from vanilla like the "smokeleaf".

Coffee beans alone gives energy, happiness, don't are addictive and don't taste good.
A smug of coffee is processed jitters with hot water should give more energy and happiness but also adding a addictiveness chance, pretty low though, similar to "Smokeleaf".

If a pawn is addicitive and suffer withdraw i suggest it should:
- Unhapiness Buff (-10)
- Higher chance of slighted and insulting other pawns. (+33%)

Also i live in Brazil. So in tropicals jungles there are "guarana", "eye fruit" which makes energetic drinks a delicious energy drink, i suggest adding too. The "eye fruit" have natural properties of energy boosting, but taste awful if eated the fruit alone.

I google for guarana fruit, so you can understand the reference "eye fruit":

Coercion

thanks for the suggestions :)

We will actually be re-naming the coffee beans in the next patch (to something made up) so that we are not using any real life drugs in the mod. This is to allow for compatibiloty with other mods that also have "coffee" etc. The new drug could resemble coffee or guarana.

kaptain_kavern

Thanks lllMWNlll
Yep I like the Gurana idea as well, because in all the mods with plants already released, I've never seen anyone adding this particular one.
And I've searched this forum (and all the outdated mods threads with A1-A3 mods) several times already, believe me  ;D

As we were about to "zap" the coffee (basically just switching name as Coercion explained) because too many mod already using it

lllMWNlll

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 15, 2016, 06:27:27 PM
Thanks lllMWNlll
Yep I like the Gurana idea as well, because in all the mods with plants already released, I've never seen anyone adding this particular one.
And I've searched this forum (and all the outdated mods threads with A1-A3 mods) several times already, believe me  ;D

As we were about to "zap" the coffee (basically just switching name as Coercion explained) because too many mod already using it

There's a lot of distinct fruits here in Brazil. Mostly of them are in Amazonia and Tropical florest which perfect fits in this mod.
I can name too "Caju (cashew), Pinhão (pinion), Goiaba (guava), Maracujá (passion fruit), Jabuticaba (dosen't have a translation for english)" they are abundant and well-know in Brazil, they can be found almost anywhere in Brazil.

Thanks for responding. Looking foward for the new... "coffee" name.

KevinHann

Your mod is what prompted me to register and post here. It is a literal game-changer for me and I can't praise it enough. By far the most impressive and diverse addition I have encountered so far, and there are some bloody good ones around. Looking forward to the next updates!

Is the tropical rainforest the only biome you have overhauled so far?

Hydromancerx

You guys still planning on adding more animals like the Bongo and Coati?

Didact04

There appears to be some serious balancing issues with the big cats from this mod. Namely the tigers, jaguars, and panthers, as well as the panda bear and polar bear, likely along with any other large animal this mod has added, if the numbers are anything to go by.

The melee damage output from these animals drastically outweighs anything comparable to the base game. It's bad enough that pawns are getting one-shot. I once saw a pawn get its head lobbed clean off from the first hit by a panda.

From base game, the elephant has a melee DPS average of 9.3. That's a ten-ton hunk of meat and muscle slamming its tusks into you.

Tigers, panthers, and polar/panda bears ect do 19.3.

For comparison, see the cougar from base game, which does 7.6.

I strongly recommend re-calibrating those numbers. I see no reason why big cats and even bears should overpower anything else so disproportionately.

Canute

He warned you that the jungle is dangerous.
These large cat's are finaly worth it to tame as defender. They are strong without any bionic's.
Too bad you can't train them to haul (except you mod the mod).

Sorry i like these animals like they are, jungle are a very challenging biome now, special when you play them as Orassan enclave.

Tammabanana

Quote from: Didact04 on December 08, 2016, 03:08:54 AM
The melee damage output from these animals drastically outweighs anything comparable to the base game. It's bad enough that pawns are getting one-shot. I once saw a pawn get its head lobbed clean off from the first hit by a panda.

Earlier in the thread, the authors addressed this; they do intend for these animals to be far more dangerous. I suspect they're more likely to balance by increasing the damage from vanilla animals that really should be more vicious, when they get around to those animals/biomes.

I've noticed that I pay more attention to how hungry the nearest tigers are before I send my pawns outside the walls. Personally, I find that an interesting change from vanilla, and consistent with the "Sucks to be stuck on a Rimworld" theme of the game.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Didact04

My concern is balance. I understand having them be dangerous but they seem...excessive.

I think modifying the values of the damage done by predator animals is a more elegant solution than having a few animals that will just kill you before you can do anything about it. If my colonist is targeted there is actually no way to save them. Even if there is a group of 5+ people behind them with guns, survival odds are slim.