[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Hi there,

I don't know this mod but from what you described it will mostly not work well together. This mod also increase plant density and animals, and most of added predators hit more harder than vanilla also.

As this one only modify the tropical biome what you could try is putting our mod after the one you talking about that way you'll have all the other mod changes and have our modded tropical biomes.

But the short answer is no. Both mods modifying same files/defs/portion of the game

res34

Just tried placing it before and after... there were a lot of pink boxes of with X's inside them both times.

Moo

My only complaint is panda's don't live in rain forests! :D Love the mod!

Coercion

Quote from: Moo on September 20, 2016, 09:29:16 PM
My only complaint is panda's don't live in rain forests! :D Love the mod!

Well, in this mod they do :P

Our tropical rainforest (and other biomes) will include plants and animals from multiple continents; and therefore, paints a wide brush stroke with the ecosystem. The mod not only takes into account what real life biomes these creatures inhabit, but also what biomes are the best option cosmetically. There is inspiration from South America, South East Asia, Africa, and yes even the bamboo forests of China.

Coercion

I should probably mention that if you don't like a plant or animal (e.g. panda, bamboo, etc.), you can turn it off by going into Defs/BiomeDefs/.xml and under "wild plants" or "wild animals" set the specific plant or animal to 0.

Moo

Coercion

Quote from: res34 on September 20, 2016, 09:18:43 PM
Just tried placing it before and after... there were a lot of pink boxes of with X's inside them both times.

This mod will eventually do the same thing (in addition to a lot of other things). So, there is no point in having both on at the same time.

To increase (or decrease) plant density, go into Defs/BiomeDefs/.xml and change the number there. Animal statistics are in their respected def (Defs/ThingDefs_Races/.xml) and can be adjusted the same way.

Draegon

Is this on the Steam workshop? Or will it ever be? I play rimworld on steam now and I don't know how to add mods from here to it ;_;

BlueWinds

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 19, 2016, 10:56:28 PM
Hi folks, thanks for the welcome and feedbacks.

Near future of the mod/Roadmap:

Apart new animals (that is mostly Coercion part ;) ) I intend to focus on polishing the actual work a bit. I would like new consumable having a bit more "fun"/specific use, for now they are just basic blend ingredient. It will be nice to have Coffee creating coffee in cups, etc but it kind of double with some of VegGarden features (I still wonder how to handle that)

Please please please put that in a separate addon, rather than piling it all into one mod.

I love the way the rainforest looks, and I'm very excited to give it a more thorough try, but mods that clutter up the game with tons of unique items... lots of people like them, so make it an addon for those that do, rather than requiring those of us who don't to go through and delete all the defs manually (and be unsure if we're breaking anything until it happens). *^^*

Also, what's the license?

Coercion

Quote from: Draegon on September 21, 2016, 11:43:50 AM
Is this on the Steam workshop? Or will it ever be? I play rimworld on steam now and I don't know how to add mods from here to it ;_;

I may post it on steam, but I havent decided.

You can download the mod (from the OP link) and place it in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

It will show up in your mod list (like the workshop mods do)

Coercion

@BlueWinds

Having everything in one mod makes our lives a lot easier. We wont deviate from the original mod scope too much (addition of new plants & animals). However, this mod really acts as a biome/ecosystem overhaul and may include things like new ingredients and recipes (using those plants & animals). With that said, I am always willing to help you navigate the mod to make changes or delete unwanted content.

Please feel free to provide specific feedback and suggestions though :)

The license is: Ask permission before using anything in the mod for anything other than personal use. Permission will be given on a case by case basis.

Coercion

a patch has been released (v1.0.2) to lower banana tree yield from 30 to 12

BlueWinds

Quote from: Coercion on September 21, 2016, 12:03:08 PM
@BlueWinds

Having everything in one mod makes our lives a lot easier. We wont deviate from the original mod scope too much (addition of new plants & animals). However, this mod really acts as a biome/ecosystem overhaul and may include things like new ingredients and recipes (using those plants & animals). With that said, I am always willing to help you navigate the mod to make changes or delete unwanted content.

Please feel free to provide specific feedback and suggestions though :)

The license is: Ask permission before using anything in the mod for anything other than personal use. Permission will be given on a case by case basis.

I don't see how it's easier - you can still store it in one repo, just have a couple of folders each with an about.xml (see: CCL + CCL Vanilla Tweaks + CCL Mod Tweaks, all in one download, just split across folders.

But if you really don't want to do it, let me ask permission now: Can I release a version of this mod split into its component parts for other people to use?

kaptain_kavern

It's because which item will be dropped/harvested from plants is defined in the same file and place as the plant itself, so it will force us to use two sets of files (with and without harvest items).

But as it still early in development process it's a good time to think about that. What exactly would you like to be separated and how you see it should be done please?

On one hand I'm all for modularity but one the other hand foraging as an option to survive was what we both have in mind with Coco from start.
And also I always find your contributions useful, in my mod threads, Bluewinds - that's why I permit to ask how you think it can/should be done ;)

BlueWinds

It depends on what you mean by unique items that they drop. Something like agave fruit or berries are fine by me - they're vegetable ingredients, maybe with a little something unique (no bad mood for being eaten raw), but are otherwise used as normal vegetable food. Berries can be used in meals, just like corn.

Basically it's not the custom foods that I'd like separated out, it's the recipes. Sugar cane growing in the jungle, which drops glutinous food when harvested and can be used in meals? Sure, no problem there. Raw sugar + "Refine sugar" recipe + coco beans + "Make chocolate" recipe = the piece I'd prefer to leave for an add-on.