[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Omega

Yo, already posted about those little guys on taiga creatures but someone said it probably will fit better here.

Simple Helmeted guineafowls, or guiné as we call here in brazil. I made them on gimp.

If you guys like it I can also do the baby sprite and the male one ;P

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

<=To Be Continued/\/

Darkmark8910

Astounding work!

Quick question: is this mod working with / compatible with Vegetable Garden?

I was playing with both enabled for an hour or so (no issues that I spotted), and it crossed my mind there was some cross-over on the plant front. Namely that vegetable garden adds in tropical plants such as aloe, pineapple, banana trees, and bamboo for medicine, standard plant, tree-style fruit plant, and wood harvesting respectively. It also includes other climate plants such as snow beets.

Link to that mod here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0   

KevinHann

Please tell me you guys will be supporting this mod for the upcoming A16 :) The game simply wouldn't be the same without it!

Hydromancerx

Will this be updated to alpha 16? Also I have been having trouble updating my Auroch mod. Any ideas?

KevinHann

I hope it does, it's pretty much all that's stopping me from moving to 16 now :)

Hydromancerx

Tammabanana

Hi, folks,

Coercion and Kaptain have been away for a while; life happens that way sometimes. In their absence, I've forked their GitHub repo and updated their latest work to A16. You can download it here:

https://github.com/Tammabanana/CK_AnimalPlant_Pack_A16_fork/releases/tag/1.3.1.1-A16

Some things to note:

• I'll fix bugs in this A16 update, particularly ones I introduced, but I'm not going to change/add any content.
  • I updated their work in progress, not the last release, so there are a few changes that they made since last official release that are incorporated here. There are some new textures; coffee got changed to jitterweed. I've tagged this fork as a "Pre-Release" because, technically, C&K hadn't meant to release these things yet; they may not have been done editing/balancing. This is likely to be a gray area in the balance between bug-fixing and changing content - please report in on this thread where you notice something, so that we have it documented. If it seems to me like an obvious bug, I'll fix - but I'm going to err on the side of "maybe they meant to do that" and not mess with it too much.
  • C&K had hoped to work on the other biomes before A16 hit, but it looks like they didn't get a chance. So you're going to see a jarring lack of diversity on the non-tropical biomes as you cross maps, alas.

Let me know if A16+me have broken anything that I didn't notice.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

asquirrel

Quote from: Tammabanana on December 28, 2016, 01:37:08 PM
Hi, folks,

Coercion and Kaptain have been away for a while; life happens that way sometimes. In their absence, I've forked their GitHub repo and updated their latest work to A16. You can download it here:

https://github.com/Tammabanana/CK_AnimalPlant_Pack_A16_fork/releases/tag/1.3.1.1-A16

Some things to note:

• I'll fix bugs in this A16 update, particularly ones I introduced, but I'm not going to change/add any content.
  • I updated their work in progress, not the last release, so there are a few changes that they made since last official release that are incorporated here. There are some new textures; coffee got changed to jitterweed. I've tagged this fork as a "Pre-Release" because, technically, C&K hadn't meant to release these things yet; they may not have been done editing/balancing. This is likely to be a gray area in the balance between bug-fixing and changing content - please report in on this thread where you notice something, so that we have it documented. If it seems to me like an obvious bug, I'll fix - but I'm going to err on the side of "maybe they meant to do that" and not mess with it too much.
  • C&K had hoped to work on the other biomes before A16 hit, but it looks like they didn't get a chance. So you're going to see a jarring lack of diversity on the non-tropical biomes as you cross maps, alas.

Let me know if A16+me have broken anything that I didn't notice.

Thanks Tammabanana! :)

kcirdor

Oh snap.. I didn't realize someone made an update on this mod.  Thanks!

fall

vegetation respawns in seconds in the jungle it makes it impossible to do farming, is this how its suposed to work ? i mean cmon it should be possible to push back the jungle

Uriei

Quote from: fall on January 05, 2017, 07:44:14 AM
vegetation respawns in seconds in the jungle it makes it impossible to do farming, is this how its suposed to work ? i mean cmon it should be possible to push back the jungle
Welcome to the jungle!!! we got fun and games!

Now seriously, when I played this in A15 it drove me mad too, and you can't use fire because is raining the 99% of time.

kcirdor

Quote from: fall on January 05, 2017, 07:44:14 AM

Yes, this is how this mod is supposed to work.  Its difficult to settle down unless you are in a mountain area and it is still difficult to settle down.  Farming not so much as you cut down and usually immediately plant, but trying to put down paths is extremely painstaking. 

Lem Wright

Would this be compatible with Vegetable Garden? It seems to add some of the same sorts of plants, and I'm unsure if they'd work in recipes. If it isn't compatible, would some form of compatibility patch/in-built thing be potentially doable?

Tammabanana

Quote from: Lem Wright on January 05, 2017, 11:00:43 AM
Would this be compatible with Vegetable Garden? It seems to add some of the same sorts of plants, and I'm unsure if they'd work in recipes. If it isn't compatible, would some form of compatibility patch/in-built thing be potentially doable?

tl;dr: I wouldn't go so far as to call them compatible, but they shouldn't break each other.

C&K included a mod-specific prefix to all their defs, so the two mods shouldn't overwrite each other's stuff at any point. C&K were making steps towards better compatibility - the change from coffee to jitterweed, for example, removes the coffee duplication between this and other coffee-inclusive mods like VG.

What'll probably happen if you use both this mod and VG is that you'll get two different versions of the plants for bananas, coconuts, bamboo (I think that's it, but might have missed something), and two different versions of the resources they drop. (Except CK bamboo drops wood.) If the VG recipe calls for an entire category of foods - the canning of vegetables, for example - the CK resources should work fine in that. But if the VG recipe calls for a specific thing - the breaking of coconuts, for example - only the VG version of that resource will work in that recipe. VG also rearranges some resources; CK bananas won't be categorized as "Fruit" in VG.

It looks to me like the number of VG recipes that use the Fruit category or specific things is pretty low, though. I see Dried Fruit, Pickle Vegetable, and Split Coconuts... not much else.

It might be feasible to create a patch, but I think the level of cross-mod awkwardness is pretty low compared to the level of effort required to adjust things so they work smoothly and beautifully together, so I'm not gonna volunteer for that one.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo