[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coercion

We may make prey animals more common until more animal types are added. We will need to test values.

res34

If you're looking for ideas for new prey animals to include, might I suggest perhaps Paca - which could be made from the capybara model - and Guinea Pigs? Marsh Deer, Sumatran Striped Rabbits, Greater Rhea and Peccary could be other possible prey animals, and likely wouldn't require much work outside of a color retexture for existing RimWorld species. I might also suggest Hippos (pygmy?), but I feel that those would more likely kill whatever was hunting them instead.

gillsminnow

kcirdor

Follow up on the Alpha Beaver Event.  Honestly, the Beavers just serve as food for the kitties.  They came on the other side of the map, ate out a little corner and then they were all gone.  That corner regrew the next year. Here is my map, it is defogged.  So they are fine, if they do show up they just get hunted down over the course of a season or two.

http://imgur.com/a/D1tSu

kaptain_kavern

From my tests I was able to update an ongoing savegame (the game doesn't complain) but I really encourage you to use it with a new world only, because of the changes in the existing plants.

CHANGELOG
   - increase spawn chance of prey animals
   - increase beauty of tropical plants
   - add tropical plants to potted plants list
   - removes the alpha beaver incident from the rainforest
   - restricts manhunters to their specific biomes
   - several minor improvements like descriptions and corrected textures
For the more code-savvy of you, here is the detailed log of changes

For the animal ratio, here are the temporary numbers (they probably will be decreased as we introduce new animals) :
<wildAnimals>
      <!-- Common -->
         <Chinchilla>2.5</Chinchilla>
         <Capybara>2.2</Capybara>
         <Rat>1.8</Rat>
         <WildBoar>1.5</WildBoar>
         <Tortoise>1.4</Tortoise>
      <!-- Uncommon -->
         <Elephant>0.6</Elephant>
         <Panda>0.3</Panda>
         <Tiger>0.2</Tiger>
         <Jaguar>0.2</Jaguar>                   
      <!-- Rare -->
         <Panther>0.12</Panther>
         <Cobra>0.1</Cobra>
         <Iguana>0.6</Iguana>         
      <!-- Very Rare -->
         <Cassowary>0.15</Cassowary>
         <WhiteTiger>0.008</WhiteTiger>
</wildAnimals>

Cmoa666

For remplacing the alphabeaver incident, why not some alphaTermite (Giants termites) ?

Igabod

Quote from: Cmoa666 on September 25, 2016, 02:12:06 PM
For remplacing the alphabeaver incident, why not some alphaTermite (Giants termites) ?

I second this motion. Termites are very easy to draw (compared to the other animals in this pack) and would be a great addition to the jungle. It would be pretty cool to make them similar to the hives that spawn in caves but only have them spawn where there are a lot of trees and not make them hostile to other pawns but I am not sure how much work that would require since I haven't looked at the code for the hives yet.

Coercion

I like the idea of megatermite hives. I will see what we can do :)

res34

So would the megatermites (Megamites? Termitons?) be considered a type of Insectoid, or would they be considered an unrelated genetically-altered species? I also did a quick google search, and apparently porcupines will eat bark/trees. Since their are species of rainforest porcupine, perhaps a giant genetically-altered species that eats entire trees?

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Coercion on September 23, 2016, 07:58:27 PM
Quote from: Hydromancerx on September 23, 2016, 04:22:10 PM
Please make a Junglefowl out of the base game chicken art.

I have been considering jungle fowl for a few days now. So, why not. I will add it to the future animal list and see what I can do :)

Thank you! Here are some other sudgestions for small Birds in other biomes ...

Tundra
- Ptarmigan

Arid Scrubland
- Guineafowl

Desert
- Roadrunner
- Quail

Coercion

Quote from: res34 on September 25, 2016, 03:58:26 PM
So would the megatermites (Megamites? Termitons?) be considered a type of Insectoid, or would they be considered an unrelated genetically-altered species? I also did a quick google search, and apparently porcupines will eat bark/trees. Since their are species of rainforest porcupine, perhaps a giant genetically-altered species that eats entire trees?

Same as the megaspider: a genetically engineered giant insectoid. It may resemble a termite and eat entire trees.

Coercion

Quote from: res34 on September 25, 2016, 12:14:14 AM
If you're looking for ideas for new prey animals to include, might I suggest perhaps Paca - which could be made from the capybara model - and Guinea Pigs? Marsh Deer, Sumatran Striped Rabbits, Greater Rhea and Peccary could be other possible prey animals, and likely wouldn't require much work outside of a color retexture for existing RimWorld species. I might also suggest Hippos (pygmy?), but I feel that those would more likely kill whatever was hunting them instead.

thanks for the suggestions :)

I will definitely consider them when adding new animals in the future

Coercion

Quote from: Hydromancerx on September 25, 2016, 04:06:28 PM
Quote from: Coercion on September 23, 2016, 07:58:27 PM
Quote from: Hydromancerx on September 23, 2016, 04:22:10 PM
Please make a Junglefowl out of the base game chicken art.

I have been considering jungle fowl for a few days now. So, why not. I will add it to the future animal list and see what I can do :)

Thank you! Here are some other sudgestions for small Birds in other biomes ...

Tundra
- Ptarmigan

Arid Scrubland
- Guineafowl

Desert
- Roadrunner
- Quail

I will consider these in the future

Coercion

Although I like the idea of megatermites, it may be a lot of work to add an incident similiar to that of the alpha beavers. So, we may add a megatermite that eats trees, but it wouldnt have an infestation event (in the near term) and only spawn wild or as a faction pawn. If this is added it would probably be added in another patch (for monsters and other alien creatures).

res34

Quote from: Coercion on September 25, 2016, 05:11:20 PM
thanks for the suggestions :)

I will definitely consider them when adding new animals in the future

Ah, glad you liked them. I'll try to look up some more species for the jungle and see if any of them inspire you. Here's some that I've found so far, I hope some of them prove useful/interesting:

Gigantopithecus - A giant, extinct ape that was possibly bipedal, though most current evidence points it to being more like a gorilla. Brought back like the Megatherium.
Titanboa - A giant, extinct species of snake. Could serve as a giant predator with a  hunger bar that decreases very slowly, though when low it would be fully capable one-shotting large cats and such, leaving no corpses (given that cobras in game somehow do).
Carbonemys - A giant, extinct species of terrestrial turtles. Its shell alone was roughly the size of a grown man, and it shared its habitat with the Titanboa.

Jungle Muffalo (Jungalo?) - Jungle-dwelling equivalent of the Muffalo. Smaller and leaner than it's plain-dwelling cousin, it could have molted brown fur dotted with green - moss and algae - akin to sloths.
Megamantid - Insectoid derived from genetically modified mantises. Could be a stealthy ambush predator compared to the Megaspider, or perhaps deal higher damage at the cost of its own sturdiness.

- - -

For the jungle tribals, perhaps some new weapons based on those used by Mayans/Inca/Aztecs/etc... -

- The Macuahuitl is the first that comes to mind, and could have a high slash damage but extremely low blunt, and thus wouldn't be very effective against armored opponents.
- Hornet Bombs, something I believed that the Mayans utilized, could work in place of grenades for jungle tribes. When they explode, they could cause an effect similar to fire, and cause enemies hit to panic, but do no damage to structures.
- Blowgun, as a weaker but cheaper equivalent to bows, perhaps with a higher accuracy to compensate. I would suggest poison, but I've heard of another mod that tried that and there was a problem with the poison being incurable, eventually killing whoever was hit.
- Atlatl, otherwise called a spear-thrower, for long range lobbing of spears.
- Cuauhololli, a specialized club for bashing. Slightly curved with a spherical head. Could serve as an improvement over the basic club, perhaps?