[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcirdor

This isn't feed back as it is more curiosity about the meaning of one of the terms in the xml code.  What does DiseaseCommonality mean?  Like Malaria is set to 160.

Hydromancerx

I tried to make you a Desert Tortoise, but all I made is the side view. I could not figure out how to make all sides match exactly.  :(

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Coercion

Coercion

Quote from: kcirdor on September 27, 2016, 03:03:00 PM
This isn't feed back as it is more curiosity about the meaning of one of the terms in the xml code.  What does DiseaseCommonality mean?  Like Malaria is set to 160.

The chance of disease in the biome:

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Events

This mod does not change any vanilla values for diseases.

kcirdor

Quote from: Coercion on September 27, 2016, 03:27:39 PM
The chance of disease in the biome:

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Events

This mod does not change any vanilla values for diseases.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.  Now, I know I need to focus on getting Hospital Beds and Vitals for the Jungle as soon as possible.  Meaning no more tribal starts.

I must say since the change in the spawn rates to prey, the Big Cats now just feel like window dressing to the Jungle.   But the re-balancing did resolve an issue with Over population of Elephants. I had an issue prior to 1.2 where I would have 10 t0 20 Elephants all stuck on the exact same point and they all moved in unison, as if it were a tracer effect.  I've played several groups on this mod, I still love it.  It is way less dangerous.  I don't know how you can balance that out without having the Kitties kill everything on the map, thus start murdering all your visitors.

kaptain_kavern

There will be more different predators :p
Komodo dragons, Python and Ocelot namely

For the elephant that is what I was fearing when I suggest to maybe make them able to eat trees. What I suspect is herd that big will eat all plants available too quickly.
The "move in unison" behaviour you described was most certainly caused by that : they must have eat all plants around and as a soon as something grew the all rush toward it like one.

kcirdor

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 27, 2016, 05:37:38 PM
There will be more different predators :p
Komodo dragons, Python and Ocelot namely

For the elephant that is what I was fearing when I suggest to maybe make them able to eat trees. What I suspect is herd that big will eat all plants available too quickly.
The "move in unison" behaviour you described was most certainly caused by that : they must have eat all plants around and as a soon as something grew the all rush toward it like one.

On that particular play through was the one where I first commented on being the One Armed Bandits.  All the prey had died, and I had a bunch of Big cats, then a psychic ship landed and made all the big cats go bonkers. The cats all started trying to get in my base and I killed one and then they all went super mad and lined up in my kill box to be slaughtered.  Then for a short period of time all I had was like 30 elephants and very few of anything else, the cats slowly started appearing again, but the Elephants were all in tracer mode by this point.

My last game, I had one herd of about 6 Elephants all going about their business.

res34

Some more animal suggestions:

- Hog Badger
- Bengal Monitor
- Water Monitor
- Pot-Bellied Pig
- Ussuri Dhole (small jungle canine)
- Bush Dog (another small jungle canine)
- Maned Wolf ("wolf" replacement)
- Marbled Cat (small jungle feline)
- Giant Woolly Rat (replacement for regular rats)
- Guzerat Cattle
- Indri
- Ring-Tailed Lemur
- Flying Fox
- Binturong
- Pangolin
- Horned Frog (perhaps a genetically modified huge one originally meant to hunt insectoids?)

... and a plant as well:

- Titan Arum

GreenThumbsUp

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: GreenThumbsUp on September 27, 2016, 11:20:48 PM
Awesome mod! I like taming tigers and okapi :)
I'll try to throw a compatibility patch for A Dog Said, this week too ;)

Coercion

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 28, 2016, 01:55:13 AM
Quote from: GreenThumbsUp on September 27, 2016, 11:20:48 PM
Awesome mod! I like taming tigers and okapi :)
I'll try to throw a compatibility patch for A Dog Said, this week too ;)

I am looking forward to this :D

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Coercion on September 28, 2016, 09:34:35 AM
I am looking forward to this :D
Looks like I found my next task ;)

So I played a bit with the idea of elephant eating trees (IRL elephants are known for breaking trees down and creating clearings - that's my starting idea).
Switching elephants regime to the same as Thrumbos (Vegetarians but also able to eat trees) result in this :

After one season for those 6 elephants

I don't find it too OP and actually I like the fact that they can introduce some random topography changes. And they're not entirely devastating the forest like I was afraid of.

It was just to have advices and insights.
What do you all think about that?

kaptain_kavern

It's because animals eat fern in priority. (I'm not even sure why exactly; they both have the <ingestible> value - For the ferns I copy/paste the code for grass and tweaked it, maybe it's related)

This clearing is only due because of elephants, not fire or something that have killed all plants at the same times.

Before I hunt the okapis there, there was way less taro too

kcirdor

Ah, I also believe I had the Alpha Beaver and a Flash Fire that wiped out over half of the maps trees, then the big cat mass death occurred.  I guess the Elephant ratio, which doesn't appear to have changed, was high enough to spawn new elephants throughout my play through that I never bothered hunting.  I didn't know they were tree killers or else I may have tried to hunt them more.  So the elephants in unison incident had multiple factors that lead to its cause.

BTW, the Alpha Beaver Event still occurs.  But could that be related to story teller mods?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: kcirdor on September 28, 2016, 03:15:21 PM
Ah, I also believe I had the Alpha Beaver and a Flash Fire that wiped out over half of the maps trees, then the big cat mass death occurred.  I guess the Elephant ratio, which doesn't appear to have changed, was high enough to spawn new elephants throughout my play through that I never bothered hunting.  I didn't know they were tree killers or else I may have tried to hunt them more.  So the elephants in unison incident had multiple factors that lead to its cause.

BTW, the Alpha Beaver Event still occurs.  But could that be related to story teller mods?

I think the tree eating elephants are not in the mod yet.

----

On another topic

Rice, Healroot and Devilstrand survived a toxic fallout without a problem.
So did all your other jungleplants. Something died of in between, I guess this was grass or other vanilla stuff. I can't tell anymore.
Is this intentional or just a bug ?

At the moment I am quite glad that this is the case, because rofl randy killed all my crops with a blight shortly before the first havest and before the second harvest was ready toxic fallout.
At least I have enough meat now ^^
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.