[1.0] sd Mods - mostly stuff

Started by sulusdacor, September 20, 2016, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sulusdacor

only current way would be to go in dev mode and place the vanilla water terrain were you want the piers, sadly currently no other way. reasoning:

Quotethe (bridges) mod adds new terrain tiles. these appear with the same name ingame. since each thing has a definingname(defname) and a label (the actual name you see ingame). The defname is for the game to identify things, the label is displayed as the item name ingame. This brings some issues. As an example you have basiclly two times shallow water displayed ingame,with same textures and all,but they are actually diffrenent things(as far as the game in concerned). For mods that search for these watertiles to place things (like Fishindustry) it means they cannot be placed on the new tiles.

the way the building with bridges workes and placing terrain has some restraints in this way. have some vage idea how i would want to fix that, but haven't had time to implement that. but i know of that problem.

Bunkier

Is there any chance to create patch for medicaddons to make it compatible with Expanded Cloth mod?

sulusdacor

i will probably not make a patch, since there are a lot of mods adding beds to the game and would had to make one file for each combination. that is why i wrote the short explanation in the mod description on how to add the facilites to other mods. for the expanded cloth mod you would have two ways, depending on your load order:

you can either add the changed bed costs to the xml in medic addons for the beds and load it after expanded cloth. just look in the expanded cloth mod files and search for the lines with cost of cloth and copy these to the medic addons xml containg the vanilla bed definitions.

or you could add the linked facilites from medic addons to the xml's in expanded cloth, in which case you would load medic addons first.

the last loaded mod counts. so override/change that one.

sulusdacor

prepare for fishing

Description:

Fix to use the mod Fishindustry with my bridges mod.

This needs to be loaded after the mod "[sd] bridges"!It needs the bridges mod to work!

This needs to be loaded after the [sd] bridges mod since it uses the terraform category created by bridges: 1. bridges 2. prepare for fishing

Where you load fishindustry mod does not matter at all.

- you can build fishfeeding box, select the watertile(shallow,deep,marsh), start and it convertes watertiles to vanilla terrain tiles (takes ~1day).
   - the fishfeeding box is in the terraforming menu
   - you can use this without fishindustry will not cause errors, but will not give you any benefit, other then converting tiles without a pawn doing activly the job of terraforming(just need to build the fishfeeder)

Sub Topic

the fishfood dispenser uses the passiv cooler texture. since i had a box floating on the water in mind anyway, i see no need to make an extra one at the moment. it costs 10 stuff(wood,stone,metal) and 5 kibble to build. kibble is the fishfood. not wanted to add additional stuff to the game. it uses the terraforming research from bridges to unlock.

the select option to choose between shallow/deep/marsh water currently has not lock option to prevent placing deep water on marsh etc. this means you can skip the terraforming process from bridges, by just placing a feedingbox on marsh and select deep water. it will still take the 1day to do, but skips the original process. as always use or abuse to your own liking. ;)

since this is only a fixing mod to make two other mods compatible there will probably not be any content added to this mod in the future.

the water you can select does not include the ocean and movign variants, just normal deep,shallow and marsh water.

Author
sulusdacor

Thx on mipen for the Mechanical Defense 2 Mod to be able to use the code for Placeworkers + the building class(buttons/timer).

Download
Steamworkshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796346900

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpmczc5clf61web/sd_prepareforfishing_b18.7z?dl=0

GitHub: https://github.com/sulusdacor/sd_prepareforfishing/releases

source code for modders: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tui9hpzn0i980x1/sd_prepareforfishing_b18_source.7z?dl=0

Version for previous Rimworld versions can be found in my dropbox folder with older mods: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zicyfuehl0aeta2/AADHVYYYU8yhJ2yUWttwnf1ma?dl=0

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Changelog
personal changelog for mod "[sd]prepare for fishing"

- 26/12/2016

- updated code to a16
- renamed stuff to lower case (PrepareForFishing to prepareforfishing)
- renamed building class to Building_fishfeedingbox
- added mass 25

- 07/01/2017

- fixed the xml tag Worktobuild, had old one here, which resulted in instant buildtimes

- 04/06/2017

- update to a17
- updated about file,since load order does not matter with patches
- added sellpricefactor to building base
- added new water variants to placeworker (ocean/moving)
- added some code to inspect string for empty lines/new lines

- 28/12/2017

- update to b18
- added+fixed the map in placeworker code
- set rotatable to false for the box thingdef

- 15/01/2018

- added modsync

faltonico

Thundercraft

I was looking at your Luciferium Production mod and I found the production method interesting. I think that I'll give it a try.

Quote from: sulusdacor on September 24, 2016, 04:21:46 PM...you get 1 oil form scythers, 2 from centipeds. the process kills them and is always sucessfull.

Would you consider adding support for MoreLesserMechnoids (and nearly identical variations like MoreLesserMechnoidsOnlyNewMechnoid)?

I believe that all it would take is adding just two new recipes. It would require a recipe for harvesting mechanite oil from Mecha Spiders and Mecha Beetles (probably at a rate 1 oil each). You could even leave the mechcorpse requirement (for the mechanite stasis pod) as a vanilla Mechnoid as it probably won't make a difference.

Semo

Hey just wanted to say thank you for explaining how to make medicaddons work with other mods. Now i have Hospitality, More furniture, medicaddons and Beds need cloth all working together. Had no idea how simple it rly was. Now that i do know i fear the worst tho. Cooking boosting plant pots here i come! ;)

sulusdacor

no power comms

(more pictures on steamworkshop page)

Description:

"well technicly you're using animals to power your stuff"

- adds 1 message table (comms console)
   - adds 1 bird cage (needs food to feed him, powers comms console literaly)
   - adds 2 type of trade markers (orbital trade beacons, one fueled, one not)
   - adds 1 research project (all buildings in this mod needs this as prerequisite)
   - adds 1 ressource (glow crystal), can be bought from exotic goods traders (or traders dealing with such wares)
   - adds 1 recipe to stonecutters table to craft glow crystals (req lv10 crafting) (more a alternate way to get them if u have bad luck on traders)

There are several different textures for the trademarkers and bird cage. you can switch between them by rotating your buildling.

(To be correct the message table needs 1 power and the bird cage produces one. It's a bit of a workaround. you can totaly abuse this i know, as always it's your game, so do to your liking. i just wanted a comms console, which fits with low tech/no gun runs and needs building from the electricity)

Sub Topic

This mostly a cosmetic mod. it is intended for tribe/medieval runs. you can still use it during your tech progression. it does not override the vanilla comms console/orbital trade beacons. i know with the 1 power thing you can abuse the mod in normal runs, but use or abuse to your liking. it is your game ;)

All buildings are rotatable/minfieable and can be build out of stuff. the 1x1 buildings change the textures by rotating. you can not change the light colors at this moment.

All the buildings have the breakdownable tag not included, so this should be fine in terms of low tech and not getting components. Since this is purely a xml mod you have some problems/features: you can still get solar flares, so you might want to disable the event if you dont want this (or the solar flare effects the birds when traveling?). You can get orbital traders with this, so disable the event if this is unwanted.  since the bird cage produces the power you must place one near the message table, same restrictions like other electric buildings in terms of connectiong to stuff.

the trade marker take wood as fuel and have the same stats (consume/light/heat) as torches. the fueled trade markers still seem to work even when not fueled, kinda an xml problem, since i would need to change the oribtal trade beacons code for that.

the bird cage takes all raw food and hay. i disabled the fertilized eggs, so that you dont lose them if your pawns accidently feed them to the birds.

added mass as of alpha 16. messager table is 25, both trademarker variants are 50, the birdcage is 15.

the research is located at the end of the vanilla tree (x row 16). i hope this solves some problems. but i'm aware that the tree is a mess with mods.

Author
sulusdacor

Download
Steamworkshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818870378

Dropbox:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/hym08d246186s7q/sd_nopowercoms_v1.7z?dl=0

GitHub: https://github.com/sulusdacor/sd_nopowercoms/releases

Version for previous Rimworld versions can be found in my dropbox folder with older mods: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zicyfuehl0aeta2/AADHVYYYU8yhJ2yUWttwnf1ma?dl=0

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Changelog
personal changelog for mod "[sd] no power coms"

- 23/12/2016

- updated to a16
- added mass 1 to glow crystal
- split xmls for overview, bases + rest
- added mass, trademarker 50, birdcage 15, table 25
- set ai chilldestination to false for all objects, same as vanilla trademarker/commsconsole
- removed some case sensitive defnames, all lower case now
- fixed typo in about file

- 06/01/2017

- fixed the worktobuild xml tag

- 31/05/2017

- update to a17, just version number
- added recipe to craft crystal at stonecutters table (25 metal, 50 silver, 10 gold, 9k workamount/same as components, lv10 crafting)
- updated about file
- updated buildingbase def, sellprice factor

- 28/12/2017

- update to b18
- recipedefs, buildings to <Defs>
- adjusted resoucebase beauty to vanilla value
- removed ignore needs power form postbird cage
- skillrequirements xml update

- 15/01/2018

- added modsync

- 24/10/2018

- rimworld 1.0 update
- xml fixes
- added kibble to the postbirdcage fuel, but had to remove the fertilized eggs exception, since this feature seems to be removed

- 03/11/2018

- added languages:spanish by CANALETA, spanish latin by CANALETA, german by sulusdacor

lllMWNlll

Looking foward for A16 Luciferum production. :)

sulusdacor

nearly all updated (only prepare for fishinhg missing, but the fishing mod is not updated to a16 i think anyway).

for some reason my steam does not connect at the moment. so can not update the luci prod mod on steam, the dropbox links work. i will update that mod on steam too, as soon as it works again.

thx for waiting.

@research tree and positions of projects: i have not looked atlot into other mods and where they place there stuff. so there might be some problems. since the researchtree is quite a mess with a few mods. but might need to relocate some project to avoid the "outside the research tab" display thing.

faltonico

Quote from: sulusdacor on December 23, 2016, 12:55:20 PM
"nearly all updated..."
You are awesome! Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Steam is getting a DDoS attack at the moment, that is why you can't reach it.

faltonico

I found out that <Bed_HealTickInterval>1950 was changed for <bed_healPerDay> And <MedicalTreatmentQualityFactor> was changed for <MedicalTendQualityOffset>, the name tags and the units of them.
That is why a simple target version change doesn't do the trick for medicaddons.
Edit: I still can't find a description of them or how to make the units equivalent. I used the change Tynan made from A15 to A16 as a base... But i think those are not a direct "translation" of the units (e.g <Bed_HealTickInterval>1950 = <bed_healPerDay>12; 2100=3), it seems beds heal less per day, and normal beds are even less effective than before.

sulusdacor

this might help ;)

with the 60 ticks per secound and the 20000 ticks a day (assuming these values have not changed). you would have some value like ~10 needed for the heal per day (assuming beds tick normal and the tickinterval is really just after how many ticks they get 1 health). the medical treatment/tend is just a name change i think.

But i'm sure there are some more "under the hood" changes to the medical system. at least it felt the way, since my colonists usally take forever even in medical beds, which have the 12 heal per day. so i would assume some code in terms of how stuff heals and the bandage quality effects recovery has changed. so you would most likely have to set this way higher to get an a15 feel / change the whole medical code sections.

faltonico

Quote from: sulusdacor on December 29, 2016, 04:08:29 AM
this might help ;)
I thought there were 60.000 ticks per day xD
The wiki was updated 2 months ago, and Tynan replied 2 years ago in that thread.
Who do i trust? =S
If it really has 20k then it is mostly a direct conversion for the hospital bed (buffed a lil bit), normal bed got nerfed a LOT (it would have ~10 instead of 3). If the day do has 60k ticks, then hospital beds were turned into shite.
Do you know what does <MedicalTendQualityOffset> do? do more means better?

Edit: Welp, Skullywag told me that the wiki was up to date, so Hospital beds were really turned into shite, ¿or there is something i'm missing/not reading right?.

sulusdacor

you trust the code ;)
(Rimworld.GenDate , Verse.Tickermanager)

yeah you totaly right it's 60k per day. i didn't know that. so it would be about 30ish health per day needed to reach the old values.

as for medicaltend just look for yourself:
download ilspy (download link is in one of the forum threads, just search) and open the assembly-csharp.dll (RimworldWin_Data/Managed/). most of this game related stuff is located in Rimworld and Verse. since it's in the xml comp section, i would start there. you can right click and analyze and then kinda get the linked things to the classes you are looking at and make your way to things you are looking for (if you dont know the direct class it's in). this way you can see what get influenced by the xml lines/values. good luck and happy hunting^^