[1.0] sd Mods - mostly stuff

Started by sulusdacor, September 20, 2016, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Thanks xD
BTW I'm... only digging because i didn't want to wait for your update on medicaddons!. Good luck to you when updating it, if ever xDD

sulusdacor

öhm i'm a bit confused, but all my mods are updated to a16 already.

for medicaddons, i have taken the vanilla healticker and only adjusted the medictend/quality slightly. so you still have the long heal times which come with a16.

faltonico

-_-'
I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T NOTICE IT!
I thought they were partially updated ^^'
I started "updating" more furniture and then i saw that medicadons was not updated (or i didn't see it?), that is when i started delving into this, i'm clearly a n00b at moding that i took so long (just to change 2 new lines of code xD)
Thanks for the update!, i might end up changing those numbers though, vanilla healthtick seem too crappy to me.

lllMWNlll

https://gist.github.com/0d7bfa4a57a09d2ed5529419c1db15cf

Hey, i get some XML errors from [SD] mods, i have copy them right there.

i'm using (well not now because of the erros which causes some catastrophic failures):
ADV generators
roundtables
medicaddons
luciferumprod

sulusdacor

from your error log it seems that you have some old xml's/dll files. i renamed a bunch of folder/files from a15 to a16. so not sure if you are using steam or not, but seems like it just got copied over, meaning the old files are still there. these are refering to namespaces/xmls/xml tags that do not exist in this form anymore. so you get the wild erros^^.

if you have the mods in your Rimworld/Mods folder, just delete them completly and reinstall. if you are using steam, just unsub (to let steam delete) and resub should fix the problem (you can manuly delete them in the steamworkshop folder too).

edit: by the way the same issue is probably happening with another mod of yours containing some guns. since the warmupticks xml tag was changed to something else.

lllMWNlll

Quote from: sulusdacor on January 01, 2017, 06:46:22 PM
from your error log it seems that you have some old xml's/dll files. i renamed a bunch of folder/files from a15 to a16. so not sure if you are using steam or not, but seems like it just got copied over, meaning the old files are still there. these are refering to namespaces/xmls/xml tags that do not exist in this form anymore. so you get the wild erros^^.

if you have the mods in your Rimworld/Mods folder, just delete them completly and reinstall. if you are using steam, just unsub (to let steam delete) and resub should fix the problem (you can manuly delete them in the steamworkshop folder too).

edit: by the way the same issue is probably happening with another mod of yours containing some guns. since the warmupticks xml tag was changed to something else.

Ha!!! Thanks for the help i really see the problems, right now i will fix them. Thanks!

Pichu0102

I'm looking through the defs for the nuclear generator and I can't tell if it catches fire if you put it outside in the rain or not. I know the description says anywhere, but I'm paranoid about it. Does it catch fire in the rain?

sulusdacor

nope, you can build it really anywhere.

the catches fire outside/explode thing for batterys is coded in the building class (Building_Battery). so you will have to look there, nothing in the xml does that.

ambivalence

Please, can you publish your medicaddons [more furnitures] @ steam? Thanks in advance.

sulusdacor

answered a similar question already on steam. i can only write you what i wrote then:
Quoteprobably not.
(there is a compatible version in the forum topic, dropbox download link)

the reason is simply, that if i would upload one version i would have to do the same for other mods. so it would end up in a bunch of compatible versions for this one and a lot of ones for medic addons. if i would do one, people would ask, why not do the same for mod x + medic addons. so the problem would be where to end?

i admit updating/making a xml mod compatible is not a lot of work, but it is additional work for a modder and takes away from other stuff you do. add to that the maintaining/updating the steam pages (update description pictures etc.). updating the steam mod itself get's more time intensive the more mods you got and if you add stuff to a mod, which has multiple compatible versions is even more work. so just uploading a version to dropbox is much faster/convenient and saves the work that comes with the steam workshop.

the other thing is, even if the above seems like a minor "more work" thing, most people forget modders do this for free. it is our spare time. okay it is fun, otherwise most would not do it. for me updating the steampage with a new alpha or if i add an additional thing to a mod, uplaod it on steam,dropbox, update the description are things that do not drive my motivation to mod and i do not enjoy. if i can ease the work on this part a bit i will do that.

i feel like downloading from another link is totaly fine and not to much to ask if someone wants to use a mod. that people prefer a "one click" subscribe from steam over that i can understand too, but they usally do not take all that comes with that into account. so yeah i hope you understand.

BlackGyver

Hello! I have installed sd_bridges, and on local map generation, it seems that some ruins generate out of foundation material. Is this intended? Is it possible to remove the material from map generation?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

sulusdacor

as for intended: yes and no. could you remove it: yes with a but.

when the game creates the ruins it reades out all the terrains and then chooses them to build these.  you could change that by overriding this process to let the game skip the terrain added by bridges. But this mean you would have to override a vanilla function with a code section of your own. People usally only do this if it is needed and there is no other way to solve this. The reasons in general are that it can create problems with mods relying on this section and will conflict with mods, that override the same section. even if this might not be the case for the terrain choosing code section currently it would impact mod compatibility in a major way. I usally stay away from things that override base game stuff if it is avoidable.

the other thing is i'm no programmer so it would probably take me some time to do this and i have not looked into other map generation mods if this would create problem (i think it would not). So yeah, since i feel this would be more of a cosmetic change it's not something that is on my list really. I'm aware of this and if there would be a simple solution i would fix it. As far as i know there is no easy workaround for this.

BlackGyver

Alright, thanks for the answer, hopefully one day a solution presents itself! Until then, I'll be enjoying the rest of your nice mods.  :)

Encrtia

Unless I'm hitting a mod conflict, everytime the Solar Flare ends, I get an absolute non-stop spam-fest of "The Solar Flare is Ending". This doesn't happen to you?
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

sulusdacor

i assume you mean with the adv powergeneration mod?

if yes, i just tested a solarflare and got no message. The power plants are just vanilla game stuff with other textures + numbers. So there should be no errors in theory.

As for your problem you might want to post your error outputlog, with such things since it holds the information. Just start the game up, go in dev mode, produce your error and then close the game and get the log file. For where you can find it, read here("get the full error log" section). For where you can find it, read here("get the full error log" section).

for producing the solarflare: In dev mode the first gearwheel + playbutton symbol opens the tab you can execute incidents (similar named button). If you have done that you can find and end mapcondition button. it's in the gearwheel playbutton tab, section misc action. if this does not get you your error, since it's a dev command it could happen. you might want to wait out the solar flare, till you get the error when it ends.