[1.0] sd Mods - mostly stuff

Started by sulusdacor, September 20, 2016, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sulusdacor

QuotePersonally I feel like the hammocks should be tribal or medieval tech level as opposed to industrial but otherwise I think this is really cool. These mods add just that little bit of flavor. I'm a huge fan.
in a15 hammocks were medieval, but i kinda planed to add some more (medieval+spacer one) of them since i absolutly love these. the current texture felt more fitting to industrial with the pillow pattern, so i moved them. i don't wanted to screw save games when i do that, by renaming stuff (what definilty never happend^^). so i decided to move them with a16. it's is bit of a preperation thing for my organisation. not sure when i come around to do more hammocks, but yeah at the moment they seem a bit to high in the research tree.
Quotemedieval surgery lamp doesn't require refueling
the vanilla linkfacility sadly does not check for fuel only for power. there are some other thing i want to fix about the mod anyway. thx for letting me know ;)

gendalf

All of the tiers and types of instruments stack. I assumed it supposed to be a direct mutually exclusive upgrade for every instrument.
The working range is 5-6 tiles away from the beds, despite the description saying adjacent. Only the vanila vitals monitor needs to be directly connected.

Sh4d0w225

I am extremely confused as to which versions to get, I am looking into getting the "Goodnight mod" and the "Medicaddons" mod.. I have More Furniture installed and it says it requires the compatibility version..

DO I subscribe to the mod on steam AND get the compatibility versions and have them both active or what do I do?

sulusdacor

your mod list would look like this:
- more furnitrue [can be steam version]
- medicaddons (more furn compatibility version) [non steam]
- goodnight (more furn + medic addons comp version) [non steam]

the comp versions are whole mods. they have just the parts for the specific mods "uncommented" in the xml files so that the game reads them.

the above is the mod order too. since you need to have the objects loaded (dresder tables from mroe furniture, medicaddons) before you can reference them in another mod (goodnight comp verison).

faltonico

Hi!
Here to report an error involving luciferium production that was preventing a save file from loading...
I overwrote the actual log, but i managed to find the reason before that.
A pawn that was extracting mechanite oil from a mechanoid was giving the error, the bit in the save file that was causing trouble was:
<curJob>
<commTarget>null</commTarget>
<verbToUse>null</verbToUse>
<bill>Bill_sd_luciprod_extract_mechanites_centipede_1921</bill>
<def>DoBill</def>
<targetA>Thing_sd_luciprod_mechanite_oil6108712</targetA>
<targetB>(117, 0, 213)</targetB>
<targetQueueA IsNull="True" />
<targetQueueB />
<count>99999</count>
<countQueue />
<startTick>29555026</startTick>
<placedThings IsNull="True" />
<haulMode>ToCellNonStorage</haulMode>
</curJob>
<curDriver Class="JobDriver_DoBill">
<curToilIndex>17</curToilIndex>
<ticksLeftThisToil>-2424</ticksLeftThisToil>
<curToilCompleteMode>PatherArrival</curToilCompleteMode>
<layingDownBed>null</layingDownBed>
<billStartTick>29555340</billStartTick>
<ticksSpentDoingRecipeWork>2000</ticksSpentDoingRecipeWork>
</curDriver>

I changed that to:
<curJob>
<bill>null</bill>
<def>GotoWander</def>
<targetA>(117, 0, 232)</targetA>
<targetQueueB IsNull="True" />
<countQueue IsNull="True" />
<startTick>29559562</startTick>
<locomotionUrgency>Walk</locomotionUrgency>
</curJob>
<curDriver Class="JobDriver_Goto">
<curToilIndex>0</curToilIndex>
<ticksLeftThisToil>-201</ticksLeftThisToil>
</curDriver>

And i was able to load the save file.
I had installed fluffy's worktab, but i tested it with and without it to see if it loaded, and it didn't.

After the edit, you can see the pawn with the mechanite oil in hand, but "wandering" xD

From now on i'll try not to save when extracting oil from mechanoids.

Ruisuki

do the surgical instruments and medic light need to be directly adjacent like the vitals monitor has to, or do they behave like multi analyzer and tool cabinet would?

also do the spacer and medieval vitals function like the vanilla industrial vital monitors by having to be directly adjacent to the medic beds??

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 10, 2017, 10:22:17 PM
do the surgical instruments and medic light need to be directly adjacent like the vitals monitor has to, or do they behave like multi analyzer and tool cabinet would?
also do the spacer and medieval vitals function like the vanilla industrial vital monitors by having to be directly adjacent to the medic beds??

They work like the tool cabinets, if you build or relocate them, you see possible influence lines. One of these tools are enough for small/medium hospitals. The surgery lamp got the light radius as influence area.
You can eiter check the bed if it got a increased medical care stat or if the instrument got inactive/active value.

AngleWyrm

You know what's wrong with this resource?
You have to cheat it into the game from dev-mode any time you need it.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything, except as exercise for a programmer, so I wound up changing the recipe for trade posts.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

silentdeth

sulusdacor

for anyone wondering:

round tables+conduti walls: probably today i assume the a16 works with a17 and its really jsut the verison in the about file,so should be fast

bridges+spaceship: both have linked graphics which got changed with a17 a bit. i haven't looked over that in detail,but was planing to do it this weekend and hopefully get both done.

luciferium+prepare for fishing: both involve the a bit of code, which was not as painful to update from a15 to16, so i hope its the same with a17. still want to fix/look over the luciferum issue described few post above,so probably one of the last ones to get updated.

as for CTS: porbably after all the ones above

ocean biome: kinda planing, but there was a trader issue with new biomes in a16 which bugged me, so not 100% sure and it turned out to be way more work intense then i orignaly planed. not that i planed much there,but it is a big of a blakc hole mod XD

thx for the patience.

faltonico

Quote from: faltonico on March 29, 2017, 01:21:37 PM
Hi!
Here to report an error involving luciferium production that was preventing a save file from loading...
I overwrote the actual log, but i managed to find the reason before that.
A pawn that was extracting mechanite oil from a mechanoid was giving the error, the bit in the save file that was causing trouble was:
<curJob>
<bill>Bill_sd_luciprod_extract_mechanites_centipede_1921</bill>
<def>DoBill</def>
<targetA>Thing_sd_luciprod_mechanite_oil6108712</targetA>
<targetB>(117, 0, 213)</targetB>
<targetQueueB />
<count>99999</count>
<countQueue />
<haulMode>ToCellNonStorage</haulMode>
</curJob>
<curDriver Class="JobDriver_DoBill">
<curToilIndex>17</curToilIndex>
<ticksLeftThisToil>-2424</ticksLeftThisToil>
<billStartTick>29555340</billStartTick>
<ticksSpentDoingRecipeWork>2000</ticksSpentDoingRecipeWork>
</curDriver>

I changed that to:
<curJob>
<bill>null</bill>
<def>GotoWander</def>
<targetA>(117, 0, 232)</targetA>
<targetQueueB IsNull="True" />
<countQueue IsNull="True" />
<locomotionUrgency>Walk</locomotionUrgency>
</curJob>
<curDriver Class="JobDriver_Goto">
<curToilIndex>0</curToilIndex>
<ticksLeftThisToil>-201</ticksLeftThisToil>
</curDriver>

And i was able to load the save file.
I had installed fluffy's worktab, but i tested it with and without it to see if it loaded, and it didn't.

After the edit, you can see the pawn with the mechanite oil in hand, but "wandering" xD

From now on i'll try not to save when extracting oil from mechanoids.
Just to clarify, the error is not when they are doing the extraction per se, but when they are carrying the extracted mechanite oil to a stockpile or a refinery immediately after they finish the operation on the mechanoid.

craftersmine

Hello there! I have a question, if i enable a "Bridges" mod in my already started savegame with loaded other mods, this mod will not break the savegame? P.S Sorry for my bad english, i'm Russian :)

sulusdacor

adding should be fine i assume.

removing it is usally more a problem, due to terraformed terrain getting left behind.

Aki

Hello!

@sulusdacor Are you planning to make a compatybility patch between "luciferium production" and this  mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35058.0 ?