[1.0] sd Mods - mostly stuff

Started by sulusdacor, September 20, 2016, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Thanks for the updates, sd. Also, as an informal request, do you think there could be a way for you to sort of make a few "bundles" for your mods and their patches? I just downloaded your mods 2 days ago, but now that there are some updates to them or their patches, it can get kinda difficult trying to see what's new and what you already have. I had to have your DropBox show the date/time the files were posted, and have my RimWorld/Mods folder pulled up as well, and cross reference 14 different files just now to see what I needed. I'm not trying to tell you how to post and host your mods, but I am confident that others have had the same issue. When opening your DropBox for the first time, it can seem almost overwhelming with all of the files scattered about with no order other than alphabetical.

Either way, thanks for all of your hard work, and I hope you have a happy New Years! ;)

sulusdacor

the patches are mostly stuff for linked items. if you want linked stuff from other mods work with beds from other mods. if you dont use the other mods or dont need the linked boni (mostly small benefits) they are by no means needed. (mostly what came the last 2 days if i recall that and a research tab in bridges, which is by no means needed, the version before works fine too).

as for updates/sorting stuff out:

before b18 i had the individual links and the changelogs all writen out for all mods in the specific page. it meant for me each time to make a drop box link per mod/patch and copy paste it and update changelog. i recently deleted the changelogs in the topics (still have them in about folders)+ wrote the reference and made the download links to dropbox generic (since this means it is a bit less work for me). sorting my dropbox into two folders and posting these links was my plan anyway. it was just my idea to save a bit of work on my part.

on the other hand i can see how this is confusing for people using my mods the first time or checking what/when stuff was updated. or searching for sth specific (without the need to download stuff). so yeah see your problem there and must say i did not think about that.

so i will copy these thing back in again later today when i got the time and bring back the specific links for the current versions. bit of a mistake on my part there.

thx for the feedback and letting me know.

+happy new year all =)

sulusdacor

floorpaint

Description:

"simple shapes to make stuff -> totally necessary to not get your colonists killed!!!!!!"

- adds 1 research paint
- adds item paintbucket
- adds recipe to make paint bucket at stonecutter table
- adds category and in there a bunch of shapes that you need (you can build on top of them like carpet basicly)

Details

you don't really need this mod. just me messing around.

the shapes are all 1x1 "buildings" with no hitpoints (=indestructible). you can deconstruct them, but get nothing back. they can stack on top, but i have no idea in what order and which/why some come out on top and some below.

you should be able to build almost anything on top of them (set to altitude level floor). you can build carpet/floors belwo them.

so yeah have fun planting your decorations in your base or show the raids with arrows where to go^^

Author
sulusdacor

Download
Steamworkshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1258140195

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/myqo7jw4fgr2lod/sd_floorpaint_v1.7z?dl=0

GitHub: https://github.com/sulusdacor/sd_floorpaint/releases

Version for previous Rimworld versions can be found in my dropbox folder with older mods: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zicyfuehl0aeta2/AADHVYYYU8yhJ2yUWttwnf1ma?dl=0

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Changelog
personal changelog for mod "[sd] floorpaint"

- 15/01/2018

- added modsync file

- 09/11/2018

- 1.0 update
- added dragabledimensions

crusader2010

@sulusdacor: please update the description on Advanced Wind Turbines -  it says they give out a maximum of 4000 power but they actually go to 6000.

Thanks for the mods, they are a life saver! :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Harry_Dicks

Holy crap I had no idea there was actually drawbridges now! Just what I've been looking for! Hmm, wondering if I should make deep water passable at like 5% speed or something ???

Thank you so much sulusdacor, I really appreciate it. Also, did you ever receive the PM?

Also, Rikiki just came out with an update to Fish Industry. Will your mod bridges work with his update, or will we still need to use Prepare For Fishing? Finally, do you ever plan to make any different sized drawbridges? I'm thinking it would be nice to have a 2x4 or something like that, so that I can have it only on "my side" of the "castle" and not have to worry about the other side being destroyed :P I know you can use only one now, but it isn't that long for that perfect castle moat look that I'm trying to achieve ::)

One more thing, do you think with Mechanical Walls, that we could ever have a sort of big "gate" that is maybe 3x1 or 4x1, that we can raise & lower all together at once? I like the idea behind Mechanical Walls a lot, but I wish they didn't have to all be separated. I think it would be really cool if we could group them together, or you have a special gate building that you can just place down. They have something similar to this in HardcoreSK, and it looks really nice, check it out:

EDIT: Also, do you have any experience with your bridge mod and RF - Fertile Fields? I've been using FF for awhile and I really do love it, and was hoping to not have to get rid of it. But I also use his bridges mod too. However, your bridge mod is the only one with a real drawbridge! ;D I was wondering, is there anyway we can use just the drawbridge from your mod, but also use RF - Fertile Fields and RF - Bridges?

Or do you know if I were to edit your bridge mod to have only the drawbridge, would it still work with FF? Or do I need to have the water changed to support your drawbridge, like you do with your mod? I will probably give this a try myself, but was curious if you had any experience with it.

sulusdacor

i read your pm, but since it was just about the license stuff and you read the part in the first post, i thought this did not really needed a reply on my part.

@fishindustry: i haven't looked into the new version. the fishing zones he mentioned suggest that he changed something, but i can not tell you yet if that still needs prepareforfishing.
thx for letting me know.

@bigger mechanical walls + drawbridges: someone already asked about bigger drawbridges on steam :P i slightly changed my mind here, since i played a medieval run since then. so i feel the 1 square door is not so much an issue for me anymore.
but both problems are a bit in a similar position in my head. meaning if i would do that my favorite approach would be to make one "door/bridge" building that you can change size. for example each size for drawbridges would need a unique placeworker and test for water tiles. maybe there is a better solution there, that i do not see, not sure yet. from my current coding knowledge+ability, it would be quite a lot of work. so i'm kinda dodging this work a bit to be honest XD
... but i see that there is a need for people to get this ingame.
(for the bigger mechwalls i would probably want a medieval version too. + there is a decent chance that this might break the current drawbridges, with my naming OCD^^)

@hardcore sk: have not touched that since a few alphas. i tend to get stuck at a certain level of development and found the progression a bit to slow for my playstyle. have to look into that for the mechgate/wall.

@mods that add custom terrain in general(fertile fields): FF i had installed once, but found the terraforming menue confusing + a bit much myself, so not tested it and not looked into the way it works. but most terraforming work with a placeworker check for terrain def names. this adds custom terrain defs to do the terraforming usally. so this is a problem and new terrain defs will not be seen as a viable place to build, if the placeworker check exists.
as solution you can have additional placeworkers that would include the defs from other mods and with patches then replace with the one placeworker that is needed accounting for the loaded mods(with modcheck tool). this is the best solution as far as i know (it would make prepare for fishing not needed for fishindustry too).
i will have to look into the other mods for that and add a bunch the needed stuff, depending on the mod.
for FF especially i will have to look into that. probably does not work together currently without using dev mod and set terrain or prepare for fishing.

so all in all: i have to look into that or get on that. sry that i can not tell you more at the moment.

i was a bit lazy in terms of modding - playing myself :D

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: sulusdacor on February 13, 2018, 04:58:37 AM
i read your pm, but since it was just about the license stuff and you read the part in the first post, i thought this did not really needed a reply on my part.

Thank you. I suppose that I missed some of the license stuff because I was doing a lot of other things with it at the time.

@bigger mechanical walls + drawbridges: someone already asked about bigger drawbridges on steam :P i slightly changed my mind here, since i played a medieval run since then. so i feel the 1 square door is not so much an issue for me anymore.
but both problems are a bit in a similar position in my head. meaning if i would do that my favorite approach would be to make one "door/bridge" building that you can change size. for example each size for drawbridges would need a unique placeworker and test for water tiles. maybe there is a better solution there, that i do not see, not sure yet. from my current coding knowledge+ability, it would be quite a lot of work. so i'm kinda dodging this work a bit to be honest XD

Ah I did not think that it would be so much work since you already had your base drawbridge. I understand, it is only a suggestion from a fan ;)

@hardcore sk: have not touched that since a few alphas. i tend to get stuck at a certain level of development and found the progression a bit to slow for my playstyle. have to look into that for the mechgate/wall.

Right, I was just wanting to show you the textures as an example/idea. I actually did find where they were located at inside of the HCSK dll with ILSpy, but I have 0 clue how to start a project in MVS, that's the next big hurdle for myself :)

@mods that add custom terrain in general(fertile fields): FF i had installed once, but found the terraforming menue confusing + a bit much myself, so not tested it and not looked into the way it works.

You want to know something I find quite funny? On the older version of FF I had installed, I got very confused at first too. I had to use my fingers on the monitor screen :-[ to try and trace out/connect the steps. But very recently the author has updated his mod, and now it is much, much easier and less confusing.

but most terraforming work with a placeworker check for terrain def names. this adds custom terrain defs to do the terraforming usally. so this is a problem and new terrain defs will not be seen as a viable place to build, if the placeworker check exists.
as solution you can have additional placeworkers that would include the defs from other mods and with patches then replace with the one placeworker that is needed accounting for the loaded mods(with modcheck tool). this is the best solution as far as i know (it would make prepare for fishing not needed for fishindustry too).
i will have to look into the other mods for that and add a bunch the needed stuff, depending on the mod.
for FF especially i will have to look into that. probably does not work together currently without using dev mod and set terrain or prepare for fishing.

so all in all: i have to look into that or get on that. sry that i can not tell you more at the moment.

i was a bit lazy in terms of modding - playing myself :D

It's quite alright and I appreciate you taking the time to write that up for me. I will have to go back later when my brain is functioning better to really understand everything you said. I am still learning how all of this works so a lot of the stuff you said goes way over my head ::)

sulusdacor

wanted to say thx for pressing me more about fertile fields. it is way more elegant then my terraforming solution^^

it works over a building that spawns the vanilla ground, making it in general more compatible with other mods. so it works with bridges and other mods fine. this will probably be the route i will go too in the future. it needs a bit code, which i did not do at the time when starting bridges, it was purely xml first. so yeah thx for the tip.

Harry_Dicks

Pffft, don't encourage my ramblings. I already get ignored enough around here.

MercuryDoll

The small engines in the spaceship mod apparently don't count toward the 3 engines needed to launch, is this intentional or an oversight due to recent changes?

Ruisuki

medic add ons seem like useful filler to add to your hospitals. no longer will there be missing space in my clinic

sulusdacor

QuoteThe small engines in the spaceship mod apparently don't count toward the 3 engines needed to launch, is this intentional or an oversight due to recent changes?
the main game only checks for the vanilla items (def names). the dragable structure beam overrides the vanilla, but all others are different items. thats why they dont count. (was never the case in the past too) it's currently really only a xml mod.

it would have to override of the ship parts check in the code. since i only know half the time what i'm doing on the code side and my knowledge is quite limited there, i did not do this part of the mod yet. totaly on me XD

henk

Quote from: sulusdacor on December 15, 2016, 02:56:54 PM
the research is located at the end of the vanilla tree (x row 16). i hope this solves some problems. but i'm aware that the tree is a mess with mods.

Row 16... I feel like such an idiot for not noticing the slider at the bottom. I am using mod that locked hightech research so there was nothing in that tab in rows 6-15 and I didn't checked  >:(

jmababa

When's this mods gonna be updated to b19 I like the goodnight mod and round tables and advanced power generation

Mst

Waiting for Goodnight and Chicken Nest too. Really appreciate mods with good art. Will be happy to see them again.