Joywire

Started by BrunoSilva, September 20, 2016, 09:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrunoSilva

Hi.
I was making a bionic colonist and today when i was checking the stats i saw that conscience was at 80%
only after i notice that joywire gives negative boost..
i saw we cant operate and remove it..
i was wondering could it be removed trought editing the save file?
this was my best colonist and i dont want to lose 20%

Franklin

A better approach may be, if you're not above editing save files to make colonists better, and clearly not of the permadeath mindset, why not just edit everyone to be your best colonist.

sarcasm aside, is there not a dev-tools option to edit pawns?

BrunoSilva

development mode
debug actions
apply damage
restore body part
click
brain
:DDD
the joywire is gone xD
thanks

Panzer

Oh neat, so thats where it is hiding, behind 'apply damage' ;D

BrunoSilva

yeah lol its a bit strange xD

carbon

Since we're on the topic, does anyone actually use joywires and not regret it? If so, in what context?

I always found the "cripple everything just to be happy" trade-off to be unreasonable. Painstoppers, by comparison, make for a decent trade-off. Your colonists shrug off injuries, but are more likely to be killed rather than preemptively downed in combat. It's great for older folks who are dogged by chronic pain, but don't see much combat.

FMK

Quote from: carbon on September 20, 2016, 11:58:29 AM
Since we're on the topic, does anyone actually use joywires and not regret it? If so, in what context?

I always found the "cripple everything just to be happy" trade-off to be unreasonable. Painstoppers, by comparison, make for a decent trade-off. Your colonists shrug off injuries, but are more likely to be killed rather than preemptively downed in combat. It's great for older folks who are dogged by chronic pain, but don't see much combat.

I love rolling with Joywires on everyone, but only if they're already mostly bionic, since it more-or-less counteracts the consciousness hit. Sure, it's effectively spending 10000 silver for an average colonist (compared to how they would be when fully bionic without a joywire) with a permanent +30 mood, but I prefer consistency above all else. (For this reason, I also despise turrets because of solar flares, and traps because even at a 0.02% chance for colonists to trigger them when they're dumb enough to walk over them, nope.jpg)

In this case, it significantly increases how long I can have them doing urgent things before they even have the potential to have any sort of break. Which is pretty important when you have something like a stream of mechs that are all at different enough speeds that they take an entire day to get killed off with no room for breaks. (Which happens often, if you're a fan of using just enough IEDs on crashed ship parts to make the mechs stop guarding it, because ain't no one got time to snipe 55 mechanoids.)

Panzer

Ever since drugs were introduced, that thing is kinda unnecessary. It might be useful for that one special case where you get a volatile depressive guy, everything else can be treated with beer or yayo, even smokeweed is a better choice in my opinion, because it isnt permanent and doesnt cost a shit-ton of silver, you can grow it yourself.
The joywire needs a buff in my opinion, either an increase in mood gained or a decrease in conciousness penalty.

Wex

They are for your "Too smart" and "Depressive" guy.
Nothing else.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

BrunoSilva

Quote from: Panzer on September 20, 2016, 12:55:14 PM
Ever since drugs were introduced, that thing is kinda unnecessary. It might be useful for that one special case where you get a volatile depressive guy, everything else can be treated with beer or yayo, even smokeweed is a better choice in my opinion, because it isnt permanent and doesnt cost a shit-ton of silver, you can grow it yourself.
The joywire needs a buff in my opinion, either an increase in mood gained or a decrease in conciousness penalty.

yeah..
i would only use it in that case

carbon

I just checked, looks like social skills don't require any consciousness check.

If you had a colonist who simply recruited and sweet talked traders all day, you can joywire them and not impact their performance, so long as they don't walk around much.