Herd Revenge

Started by RazorHed, September 20, 2016, 12:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHed

Will the option to turn off incident mass animal insanity make it so while hunting an entire herd of caribou wont seek revenge ? Because I'm done playing the game if it isn't unless that crap can just be modded out.

shaw357

Maybe you should stop sending one hunter to go and fight 20 muffalo by themselves. And perhaps try to target single animals or weaker ones that won't insta kill you.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

RazorHed

Quote from: shaw357 on September 20, 2016, 02:24:37 PM
Maybe you should stop sending one hunter to go and fight 20 muffalo by themselves. And perhaps try to target single animals or weaker ones that won't insta kill you.

Assumptions ! I did not send one hunter . So don't try to me look stupid . It isn't appreciated . OK?

Mr.Cross

Perhaps just stop hunting? Ive not had a problem with just growing food,unless of course your camped in a desert or in the tundra?
Claims to know most things.

RazorHed

Lol it was the tundra :) But but I need warm clothes?  SHUT !! Get out there and cut those trees !!!!

The mass herd vengeance thing has happened to me enough that I want it gone. I get beavers 5 to 10 times a year and they mass retaliate quite often . If its late game when I have enough pawns and decent weapons its not so bad but in early game 6 to 12 beavers can wreck your game. hmmmmmmm I think maybe its time to mod a portable generator so I can set up turrets  out and about so i don't have to build gennys far away or run 65 miles of wire.

EvilMoogle

Quote from: Mr.Cross on September 20, 2016, 02:34:56 PM
Perhaps just stop hunting? Ive not had a problem with just growing food,unless of course your camped in a desert or in the tundra?

Clearly you've never been subject to bean revenge.  Half the colony was dead, the other half wishes they were.

Mr.Cross

I have, however each time I was in a decent position with some growing zone behind walls or a massive stock pile of food. That my tactic for avoiding revenge,just hole up in your base XD. 
Claims to know most things.

LedgeG2

Quote from: RazorHed on September 20, 2016, 03:23:18 PM
hmmmmmmm I think maybe its time to mod a portable generator so I can set up turrets  out and about so i don't have to build gennys far away or run 65 miles of wire.

You can already do what you want to do without mods. Just charge a battery and then reinstall it wherever you want. It stays charged :D.
Twitch - Ledge_G2 (RimWorld livestream)

O Negative

Quote from: LedgeG2 on September 20, 2016, 07:07:57 PM
You can already do what you want to do without mods. Just charge a battery and then reinstall it wherever you want. It stays charged :D.

I recently discovered this, and now I feel like Monster's Inc with all of the energy containers sitting in my "battery warehouse" :D

Super useful for when a Zzzt happens in the middle of a heat wave or cold snap.

On topic: I always found herbivore herd revenge to be a bit silly. I lost a great soldier to a pack of manhunting does, after he had shot the buck of the herd.

I know it doesn't make sense, but I feel bad when I force my colonists to be vegan :P

mcgnarman

Huh, I hunt a lot, but not always large herds I guess... Or I pick 1 or 2 off of a herd and then come back for the rest later. 1 gotten herd revenge... Twice? In 80 hours of play. I get single revenges fairly commonly but that is never an issue.

RazorHed

You are the luckiest man alive ! :)

Dingus

Quote from: shaw357 on September 20, 2016, 02:24:37 PM

hmm
Quote from: Noctis on September 13, 2016, 03:56:44 PM
No rest for the staggeringly ugly and abrasive, I guess.

Achti

I really like the herd revenge possibility. It makes the hunting at least a little bit challenging.
Right now the animals don't even run away when shot at and mostly just sit and watch while you kill their children.
Highly unrealistic and kind of boring.

If you don't like the herd mass-revenge, only attack herds with your whole army, move turrets with batteries to support them, or use grenades to take out many animals at once. Also with kiting even pistols and bows should be enough to kill a small-sized herd.

If you don't have the firepower, don't attack herds, go for single animals. Or hunt them with long-range weapons while you have traders visiting and bait them into each other. get the meat AND free merchandise.  ;D

Herds are meant to be a challenge, more reward, more risk.