Shared Map RP Meta-Game (Sign Up!)

Started by Hydromancerx, September 21, 2016, 07:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res34

The day begins well, as an outsider, similarly adrift in the world just as we are, approaches us. She has traveled many days, and despite her initial hesitance stemming from an innate shyness, eventually opens up and offers to join us. We gladly accept her, and soon Worm becomes a welcome member of the community. With her help, we begin taming the wild beasts of this land, and acquire several chinchillas, capybaras, and even a panda!

All is going well, until...

On membranous, bat-like wings it descends from the heavens, landing just beyond some distant hills. Alarms are raised, and our people take position, raising bows and clubs, prepared to defend our newfound home to the last. As it approaches, we realize that this is no mere sky beast, but some many of monster not unlike those that destroyed our old home. With fury in our hearts, we fight it, piercing its grisly hide with many arrows until, with a screech, it finally succumbs. A few of us are wounded, and some complain of a painful burning in their heads, but soon all is well again, and we burn the beast.

The days following are filled with good omens. Though a human raider attempted to invade, no doubt thinking us weak, we quickly overwhelm him. Imprisoning him, we decide to spare him, so that he may tell his kin to avoid us lest he incur our wrath. At this time we also gain word of other nearby groups. One comes to us with open arms of friendship, while the other glares at us threateningly.

We begin building defenses around our village, piling logs upon logs to slow down those that might seek to do us harm. Clubs and bows, wooden plating too, are crafted in large numbers, and many are blessed by the gods with enchantments! Truly we shall survive these foes! If only to further prove this point, our researcher Blue has unlocked are true mental potential, and we are no longer mere tribals, but are now Medieval.

More threats soon come, including the devils of the water, the foul children of the deep themselves! Fishy-eyed and scaly bodies, dripping in slime and gurgling unintelligently, one comes crawling onto land, heading directly for our village. We quickly slay it before it can harm anyone, but it is a troubling sign. The beasts have found us... yet we have managed to slay one this time. Perhaps they can be beaten back into the sea!

More days pass, and we build up our defenses further, creating barricades and ballistas to guard our checkpoints, and lay traps to ward off attackers. During this time, another of the sky demons came, landing in the middle of our village in a strange metal pod. Distracted by a chinchilla, we catch it by surprise and surround it, finishing it off quickly. Soon another object fall from the sky, however, this time landing further out and igniting in a burst of flame. It was much larger than the sky demon's pod, and as we approach, we see the dead littering the forest floor... and one living. He fires at us, shouting in a foreign tongue, and we are forced to kill him. We scavenge we can then, finding what traders were calling "guns" and armor. We are stronger now, and just in time too.

A new horror arrives, hailing from the far north...

Slithering, sliding along the jungle floor, all life before it flees. It bothered not with bird and beast, though, and instead heading directly for our village. It was slow, though, slow enough that we took positions and manned our ballistas. Firing into its bubbling flesh, great bolts pierced it and bullets tore holes into the ever forming eyes and tendrils, yet continue onwards it did, seemingly unfazed. It overran our position, flowing over our defenses, and we were forced to pull back. All seemed lost until Nim, no doubt guided by the gods themselves, must have struck something vital in the thing, for it keeled over as soon as her shot hit it. Dead though it seemed, its flesh still shimmered, and so with blades and axes we chopped it to bits and then fed them to the fire till none remained. We had survived again, and without loss. Truly we would prevail, there could be no doubt.

yawningrover

hello I would like to join. but I would like to construct a city with nuclear energy and advanced stuff like that. I would be like the orbital traders. but like a glitter world city. would that be allowed.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: dave356515 on September 26, 2016, 03:40:38 AM
hello I would like to join. but I would like to construct a city with nuclear energy and advanced stuff like that. I would be like the orbital traders. but like a glitter world city. would that be allowed.

You have to start out from tribal and work your way up. If you can reach nuclear power that's awesome but you have to start from the bottom and work your way up.

yawningrover

yawningrover

i don't know how to take a screen shot but my crash site it at
debug coords (49,99)
26.13E,52.80N
a flat boreal forest that is a costal island. Three survivors from the USS Pulsar are able to land the ship together but the other crew escaped via emergency escape pods. Captain.Val Blitz the engineer and Jeb the pilot. Jeb and Val struggle through the whatever's left to survive the first night while blitz looks for shelter

The countries name is Sparta
Val has a bionic spine from EPOE.the story is from a childhood accident but I hope its allowed

Hydromancerx

Quote from: dave356515 on September 26, 2016, 09:13:15 PM
i don't know how to take a screen shot

Do you have a print screen button on your keyboard? Then past in some sort of image program like MS paint. Then upload to an image hosting site or as an attachment on the forum.

res34

Dave, don't take this the wrong way, but it doesn't seem like you've followed the rules for this. It would appear that you started with a crash landing start instead of tribal (which would make you industrial), that you gave yourself gear like weapons and chicken eggs instead of starting with nothing save the clothes on your back, and that you're growing plants without either finding them in the wild first or buying them from traders.

yawningrover

sorry ill start it over agen I wasn't that far in to it
so ill use EDB to make me start with nothing but ill stay in the same start area. its a good map. good job finding it.

yawningrover

ok so this is the new version Val Blitz and Jeb have crashed but all gear is destroyed on impact. all that's left is their clothes

res34

Time goes by, and all seems well. We build our village up, research the world about us, survive various harrowing events, and defend ourselves against those that would see us harm.

Eventually, a trader passes through, and brings with him a story of a far away military base, untouched for many years. Intrigued, Blue offers to explore it, and leaves for several days. The fates smile upon us, for during that time no invaders do come nor do disasters plague us.

He returns, bringing with him mechanical components in great amount. Though we have no need for such things, we realize the potential for them, and thus we safeguard them till the day they may prove of use. Resuming his work soon after, he soon finds himself a strange artifact. Activating it, the device crumbles in his grasp... but not after sending out a signal. Then we saw them coming over the hill.

Raiders were inbound.

A brutal conflict occurs, but we manage to survive, while they were forced to flee... leaving two wounded behind. Seeing this, we capture them, and attempt to recruit. Eventually, one decides to join us.

Klavdiya is a welcome addition to our tribe. With her onboard, it was finally time to enter into the foreboding structure that lay just beside our village. Nim chose to be the first to penetrate the wall... and quickly came to regret her decision! MECHANOIDS!

They down her quickly, then proceed to charge upon our base. Our defenses our quickly overwhelmed, but we manage to destroy them all. We quickly proceed to rescue Nim, and then to open the ancient tombs these mechanical monsters were guarding.

As soon as Kado touches one, they all burst open at once, revealing their occupants. These people, wounded they were, we rescued, though we returned one back to her pod to sleep. The others we keep guard on, and attempt to recruit. But during all this... more horrors arrive...

As if sensing weakness, they arrive. However, this time they do not find some poorly defended village, but a tribe with traps and walls and guns!

Victory was all but assured. And in more than one way...

Walls joins us, but her body is wracked with pain. A sickness, one born of a transplanted synth organ, weakens her, and an addiction to go-juice does so even further. The path to recovery will be long and treacherous, but we will overcome. Nothing but-

They've returned! And in greater numbers!

Our tribesman rush to their defenses, raising guns and arrows against the monstrous swarm. The battle is long, many traps go off, but eventually we prevail... all is good again, but for how long?

- - -

So anyone up for trading? I've got the previously mentioned fruits/vegetables, as well as oranges and healroot now. Also acquired a self-tamed elephant (which I'm keeping) and an emu,  capybaras and chinchillas for sale.

Also, something interesting... happened. Turns out Blue has become lovers... with the prisoner Selma. What should I do? Would it be against the rules to use console to force recruit her, as she's been in there for a few seasons chatting with him (she has a 96% resist recruit rate).

yawningrover

res34

It's explained in the rules. Besides, I'm in a rainforest.

Hydromancerx

Res I love your village set up but the water. Great job!  ;D

res34

Thanks. It has 3 ways in (cause two have shallows, which can't be built upon), but are defended by shields, traps, pitfalls, barricades, and ballistas. I want to build a castle, but have nowhere near enough bricks. Also want to improve the houses a bit, though the beds are now all normal and above, so that helps a bit. Just managed to finally get over a massive sleeping sickness epidemic, and actually managed to recruit that prisoner who Blue fell in love with.

I look forward to your new base Hydro... will you try a new biome, like jungle, desert, or even the far north?

yawningrover

try the boreal forest
its tough having no growing half the year