I want your Opinion with my "Name in Game" submit

Started by HenrEek, September 22, 2016, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HenrEek

Hello there!
Since English is not my native language, I would like to hear some opinions about my chosen Name in Game, before I submit it. I want it to fit as nice as possible, without looking out-of-place.

I'm planning to send my name, with my College nickname as the short form:
First name: Henrique
Last name: Mello
Short Form: Xis

Xis is the Portuguese name of the letter "X", and was given to me after a game of tic-tac-toe. I'm called like this up to this day...

Waiting for your thoughts!

HenrEek

Passed a week, I thought of putting my chosen short form on "google translate", to see how it going to sound in some other languages... It sounds quite "Alien", actually...  :P ;D
If no other nick passses, I'm probably going the "Office" route.

14m1337

It definitely doesn't sound dumb in German, and I'm 99,9999% sure there's no "hidden" meaning in English, too.

=> I think this is a good choice. <edit> And I'd like to see it implemented asap.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

New_Roman

Native English speaker here. That name is fine and there is no hidden meaning, but American-English speakers will probably pronounce it as something like the word excess. 'ex siss'

sparkeagle

In America at least X makes more of a ks sound, so it would be more pronounced like "ksis"

BetaSpectre

Honestly don't see anything wrong, real names make sense after all.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

HenrEek

Thank you, guys, for the feedback!
I've already submitted, and it's awaiting for review.

And for anyone who might be wondering, in Portuguese, "Xis" sounds like "Cheese".
(Actually, it sounds more like "Sheese")

(The letter 'X' can have about 6 different sounds in portuguese, so check in advance if you ever need to spell something in Portuguese!)

(edit: spelling)

14m1337

Quote from: HenrEek on October 03, 2016, 11:40:31 AM
(The letter 'X' can have about 6 different sounds in portuguese, so check in advance if you ever need to spell something in Portuguese!)

DAMN AXE !!!
At last, I found a language that is even more complicated than my beloved German !
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.

HenrEek

My submission was accepted! Thank you all for your feedback!

(@14m1337, don't worry about it, because German is a hell lot more difficult than Portuguese  ;D)

14m1337

That's why I always state "My first foreign language was German. My native language is my dialect."