[A17][WIP] Cyberpunk (May 17th, 2017)

Started by Darque, September 23, 2016, 12:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf619

But Orks? Are you getting Cyberpunk confused with Shadowrun or another scifi setting?

Yeah I was thinking shadow run. lol Maybe a custom animal pawn with drone skins so you can have a pet flying drone?
vibroblades?

Darque

There will be monokatanas, powerswords and chainknives...

Cyberpunk also had custom cybernetically and genetically enhanced animals.  I haven't planned on working the mod in that direction just yet.  Maybe I will plan that after I get all of the human cybernetic implants completed.

Wolf619

Quote from: Darque on October 23, 2016, 12:18:57 AM
There will be monokatanas, powerswords and chainknives...

Cyberpunk also had custom cybernetically and genetically enhanced animals.  I haven't planned on working the mod in that direction just yet.  Maybe I will plan that after I get all of the human cybernetic implants completed.

That's a good idea, probably wouldn't be THAT hard to implement either if it's a branch off human implants.
hmm.. trying to think of ideas.. they already have joy wires.

I was thinking you might be able to do a holographic image of yourself for a distraction
(item drops player sprite where you are and the item draws enemy attacks while you escape)
I can't imagine it being too crazy to make something like that?
But then again I don't really know about that one.

i want to say decks and hacking but i don't see any way to implement that into rimworld (at least current stage)

hmm..

Darque

Took me awhile this time...but sniper rifles are now done (20 of them added).
I also nerfed ranges a bit so that there is a very large difference between using a pistols and shotguns vs SMG vs rifle. Should make combat interesting.

Next I plan on tackling clothing, armor and helmets before moving on to melee and heavy weapons.

Robloxsina66

the guns are good but they are overpowered

Darque

Most pistols do more damage, but their distance is nerfed to 5.
Shotguns do a little more damage, but their distance is nerfed to 5.
Rifles and SMGs do more damage per hit, but none of them are set to more than a 3 round burst.
Most sniper rifles also do less damage.

I also plan on implementing gun jamming later in the project, as well as other gun quality nerfing (ie break down faster).

What changes do you think should be done to make things less overpowered?

Darque

It has been awhile, but I have been slowly working.  Added many armors to the mod, but still have to create graphics for them.
Also added some c# mod code so that damage with the new weapons is a random amount, instead of fixed.  That should satisfy people stating that the new guns do too much damage.

ChaosChronicler

Like the look of the weapons so far. I need to look up the source material to see some of the other stuff you mentioned. This was made by the same company as Mekton right?

Darque

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on November 25, 2016, 10:32:17 PM
Like the look of the weapons so far.
Thanks.
Quote from: ChaosChronicler on November 25, 2016, 10:32:17 PMI need to look up the source material to see some of the other stuff you mentioned. This was made by the same company as Mekton right?
Yes, Cyberpunk 2020 was made by R. Talsorian Games, the same company as Mekton.
I also used alot of online reference material from http://datafortress2020.com/ and http://cyberpunk.asia/

Darque

Had some more coding success tonight: I have added the weapon reliability and jam chance to the stat screen:

Darque

Made an update to the repository with my latest version, including support for Alpha 16.
Many new apparel items, some cybernetic implants, and the gun reliability/jamming code has been added.

Robloxsina66

Darque

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on December 21, 2016, 11:39:57 AM
mine says a15 still
Sorry, I had moved my local repository and had synced it to the old one.  Should be resolved now.

Robloxsina66

its alright I will test this

Robloxsina66