[A17][WIP] Cyberpunk (May 17th, 2017)

Started by Darque, September 23, 2016, 12:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darque

I just tried it again and found hat the GitHub software had added some lines to my xml.   I have resolved that new issue and synced it back to Gihub correctly.  Looks to load correctly now.

Robloxsina66

works perfectly

you planning on putting this to combat realism?

Darque

No.  I don't want to create any dependencies to other mods.  If there is a specific feature that is in combat realism that you feel should be in this mod, let me know, and I'll see if I can add it in.

Robloxsina66

ok
and love the guns to I like them

CuriousKey

Great looking mod! :) I'm new here, but just looking through the modding community for this game has me very excited. I'll be keeping an eye on this project :)

SergeshD123

Does the gun reliability feature affect guns from other mods?

If so, please make a version of this mod that doesn't include gun reliability. I need only the items and backstories, that new feature seems unnecessary

Darque

Quote from: SergeshD123 on December 29, 2016, 09:49:54 AM
Does the gun reliability feature affect guns from other mods?

If so, please make a version of this mod that doesn't include gun reliability. I need only the items and backstories, that new feature seems unnecessary

Reliability feature will not affect guns from other mods. For a gun to utilize my reliability function, the xml would need to reference the custom property that I created.

SergeshD123

Okay, then, but will it still affect vanilla guns?

Darque

Quote from: SergeshD123 on December 29, 2016, 08:22:29 PM
Okay, then, but will it still affect vanilla guns?
I have overwritten the vanilla guns to utilize the weapon reliability code.  If you don't want it to, then simply delete \Cyberpunk\Defs\ThingDefs\Weapons_Guns.xml

SergeshD123

Thanks, man. Really nice mod, hope it is finished soon.

By the way, what is your favorite Cyberpunk work? Mine are Shadowrun, Deus Ex and Ghost in the shell

Darque

Quote from: SergeshD123 on December 30, 2016, 12:02:01 AM
By the way, what is your favorite Cyberpunk work? Mine are Shadowrun, Deus Ex and Ghost in the shell
The Cyberpunk 2020 RPG, Johnny Mnemonic (movie and short story), other works by Gibson, Bubble Gum Crisis, Ghost in the Shell SAC and Deus Ex.

DasaKamov

You had me at Cyberpunk, and you especially had me at R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk  2020!  I'm eager to see how this mod will grow; is it possible , in terms of modding Rimworld, to add a cyber-psychosis mechanic whenever pawns get chrome'd out?  :D

Although I'm new to the Rimworld modding scene, I do have about three years of pixel-art experience modding other games.  If you still would like help with the graphical aspect, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand; although I'm still away from usual computer for the holiday, I can PM you some examples of sprite-clothing as a "resumé" shortly after the New Year.  :)

Darque

You had me at Cyberpunk, and you especially had me at R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk  2020!  I'm eager to see how this mod will grow; is it possible , in terms of modding Rimworld, to add a cyber-psychosis mechanic whenever pawns get chrome'd out?  :D
[/quote]
I believe cyber-psychosis is possible.  It can be something to add to the mod after all of the current features are implemented.
Quote from: DasaKamov on December 30, 2016, 05:22:30 PM
Although I'm new to the Rimworld modding scene, I do have about three years of pixel-art experience modding other games.  If you still would like help with the graphical aspect, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand; although I'm still away from usual computer for the holiday, I can PM you some examples of sprite-clothing as a "resumé" shortly after the New Year.  :)
I welcome the help.  I don't even need a resume.  Go ahead and pick an apparel item that I haven't created artwork for (most of them) and see what you can do with it.

Darque

Its been a couple of weeks, and I have added many new cybernetic implants, as well as tweaking some of the previous changes.  Feel free to get the latest version from GitHub.

TerrorThomasCao

Looking forward to this being completed/progressed! Two questions:
1. Percentage wise, how close is the mod to your end? Of course, people are going to want more but what about for you?
2. What programs are you using and anyone that's helping can answer with their programs too? I've been hoping to hop into the community of modding but I don't really know where to start.