[A17][WIP] Cyberpunk (May 17th, 2017)

Started by Darque, September 23, 2016, 12:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darque

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on January 31, 2017, 09:48:17 PM
Looking forward to this being completed/progressed! Two questions:
1. Percentage wise, how close is the mod to your end? Of course, people are going to want more but what about for you?
2. What programs are you using and anyone that's helping can answer with their programs too? I've been hoping to hop into the community of modding but I don't really know where to start.
1. For phase 1, I feel I am about 75% done with the xml/code work, but only about 10% done with apparel and helmet graphics.  I also still need to add melee and heavy weapons. Once phase 1 is completed, I will do a general mod release.
2. I use Github as my code repository, and Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition for me xml and code editing.  For graphics, I use Corel Paintshop Pro X9.

TerrorThomasCao

Hmm, thanks for that. Many people just tell me what to do not how and that's very helpful, so thanks for being so specific. I'll check those out and if I ever get marginally good, I'll be sure to return the favor and help you. :D

Darque

Well, a big help right now would be for you to try it out and report any bugs that are found so that I can squash them.

TerrorThomasCao

Yeah, just opened the game with your mod loaded, I'll report anything suspicious!

Darque

I had an idea this week that I'm thinking of implementing, but I want to see if there is interest in it first:
Currently for all my kevlar items, it uses plasteel in addition to fabric or leather.  I am thinking of replacing plasteel with a new kevlar resource, which would be produced in the refinery from chemfuel (2 chemfuel -> 1 kevlar).

Do you all think this is a good idea?  Or should I throw this idea out?

TerrorThomasCao

I like the idea, and it would make my colony wayyy stronger cause I have tons of chemfuel, but I think adding maybe a steel with 3 chemfuel would make 2 kevlar could work, because right now chemfuel is way too easy to get with a hay farm.

Darque

As I thought about it more, I decided to go ahead and implement. It will be available next time I update Github.

The final solution is thus:
the pawn needs crafting lvl 10
10 Chemfuel -> 5 kevlar fibers at refinery
10 kevlar fibers -> 1 kevlar at machining table

Then for example on a kevlar vest, you will need 20 kevlar + 50 other fabrics/leather

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

TerrorThomasCao

Is there any chance of you splitting the code into different smaller packages on release? I'd like to mess around with the implants specifically.

Darque

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on February 13, 2017, 12:55:39 AM
Is there any chance of you splitting the code into different smaller packages on release? I'd like to mess around with the implants specifically.
I had thought about doing that.  So what you want is the implants without the equipment?

TerrorThomasCao

Yeah, that'll be cool. My game is quite overrun with weapons by now so it'll be cool if I could have the implants alone, but no problem if it causes problems. Just do what you feel like doing to release it.

Darque

A new update has been uploaded to the Cyberpunk Github. 
In this update:

• new graphical assets for apparel
  • new melee weapons
  • kevlar has been added as a material that can be manufactured in the refinery to be used to make armor
  • Minor tweaks and bug fixes

Next, I will continue to work on more graphical assets for apparel, as well as finishing graphics for the new melee weapons. Possibly, I will also work on new heavy weapons.

Let me know what you guys think. :)

Darque

Another new updated has been updaed to the Cyberpunk Github.

In this update:

• Heavy Weapons added
  • Harmony library updated
  • New rifle - Militech Ninja added
  • Started new graphics for Eji Cloak
  • New graphics for powersword
  • Other minor tweaks and changes

I'm now looking to put some finishing touches to this phase of the mod as well as watching for and fixing bugs.  Please let me know if you see anything that seems wrong or off.
The next update for the mod will be the first full release. Hopefully I should be at that point in the next week or two!

Dragoon

How difficult would it be for you to make a version of this without reliability?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.