RimWorld base layout planner?

Started by IrishViking79, September 24, 2016, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishViking79

Anyone know of a web based RimWorld base layout designer?

Or maybe just a general "grid layout tool" that would work in roughly the same way?

I remember Dwarf Fortress had a stand-alone designer tool that was part of the LazyNewb pack. Something like that would be handy.

Ragnarok

Not sure if you could get a web based planner because every map is different.

Currently the best thing you have available is the 'plan' tool in game. Go to Architect, Orders, and it's the last two. "I" for plan, "K" for remove plans. I like how Prison Architect did their planning tools with 3 types for walls, floors, and objects. Originally PA only had 1 planning thing like Rimworld does, so hopefully we can get something like PA's planning tools for Rimworld (hint hint Tynan).

MisterVertigo

I posted this in another thread a long time ago, but I still use it and I love it. It's a Chrome Web app that you can use in your browser. It's basically a grid paint tool. Allows you to color in a grid that can be configured how you like it. It's called "Grid Paint". Find it at http://grid-paint.com/
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

skullywag

open the game in dev mode, turn on god mode, build your base. Take screenshots. Just a thought.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?