Challenge Cassandra Classic vs Randy Random

Started by AgentMytho, September 26, 2016, 11:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentMytho

Challenge Cassandra Classic vs Randy Random
I have successfully played through several times and I am trying to determine the most challenging mode.
Cassandra progressively ramps things up, but slams on the brakes when things get tough and drops in more colonists.
While Randy never seemed to ramp up to the difficulty of Cassandra (at least in my single play-through on this narrator).

Any recommendations for a player who enjoys the ramping difficult of Cassandra, but doesn't want to tap the brakes at the first sign of trouble. If Randy is the way to go, and I just got lucky I am willing to give it another run (and increase the difficulty).
Thanks, this has been a very fun game.

zandadoum

I never play anything than randy anymore. All storytellers are predictable, even randy. But he is less predictable.

Never seen cass send you an evil ship + huge tribal raid + solar flare + infestation all at once (well, in less than 2 game days)

Razzoriel

Was on my standard base building game, first year, Randy in Challenging.

Suddenly, Flashstorm. Queue up 5 of my 6 colonists to take away fire near the base. All of them burnt, two with mental breaks. Prison burnt down, three bedrooms burnt down, nearly burnt my stock of leather stockpiled near the fires. Power was out because conduits got burnt.

Was recovering. Poison Ship. Ok.... started healing up my colonists and preparing. Hauled my two turrets and built two turret bases for the ship. Mechs with Charge Lances can be nasty after all. Defenses nearly done....

Solar flare. OH CMON, RANDY!! Had to wait until it was gone so turrets could be online again. Ok, no big deal... just reorganize stuff and recover from the fire. Meanwhile, my meat spoils away in storage. Ok, cook everything I can really quick...

Raid. WHAT??? FINE RANDY!! FINE!! Get the colonists to protect the colony. Got VERY lucky and managed to kill two of them really fast when they got greedy and charged with wooden clubs at my two plasteel-gladius-armored brawlers. Still, my main shooter was wounded, and got killed.

Recovering from raid. Then psychic drone. BECAUSE WHY THE HELL NOT, RIGHT RANDY???? FUCK THIS GAME, IM GOING TO DESTROY THIS SHIP AND BE DONE WITH IT.

One caterpillar out with an Inferno Cannon. Charged and beaten to death effortlessly.

Nicely played, Randy... nicely played.

AgentMytho

Quote from: Razzoriel on September 27, 2016, 02:11:07 PM
Was on my standard base building game, first year, Randy in Challenging.

Suddenly, Flashstorm. Queue up 5 of my 6 colonists to take away fire near the base. All of them burnt, two with mental breaks. Prison burnt down, three bedrooms burnt down, nearly burnt my stock of leather stockpiled near the fires. Power was out because conduits got burnt.

Was recovering. Poison Ship. Ok.... started healing up my colonists and preparing. Hauled my two turrets and built two turret bases for the ship. Mechs with Charge Lances can be nasty after all. Defenses nearly done....

Solar flare. OH CMON, RANDY!! Had to wait until it was gone so turrets could be online again. Ok, no big deal... just reorganize stuff and recover from the fire. Meanwhile, my meat spoils away in storage. Ok, cook everything I can really quick...

Raid. WHAT??? FINE RANDY!! FINE!! Get the colonists to protect the colony. Got VERY lucky and managed to kill two of them really fast when they got greedy and charged with wooden clubs at my two plasteel-gladius-armored brawlers. Still, my main shooter was wounded, and got killed.

Recovering from raid. Then psychic drone. BECAUSE WHY THE HELL NOT, RIGHT RANDY???? FUCK THIS GAME, IM GOING TO DESTROY THIS SHIP AND BE DONE WITH IT.

One caterpillar out with an Inferno Cannon. Charged and beaten to death effortlessly.

Nicely played, Randy... nicely played.
I had Cass drop 6 of my 8  colonists with malaria and parasites and a siege that repeatedly bombed my hospital. But when I barely scrapped by I picked up two escape pods and  a fleeing slave, which felt like a gimme (although it was my decision to recruit)