Settler no longer cultivated me

Started by Wazowski, September 27, 2016, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazowski

Hello to everyone, I'm new in this forum

I have Rimworld weeks playing, and I have noticed that since the settlers are not cultivating me, I must do something to the earth ??

Hydroponics no settlers are harvested always start or end of harvest

That give me suggestions

Thank you

regards

ruddthree

Your post is quite hard to understand, but I think your problem might be that you don't have a growing zone designated.

Architect -> Zones -> Growing Zone (the green one)

If your colonists are not actually sowing plants despite having a growing zone designated, that might be a bug.

Calahan

Hi and welcome to the forums.

There might be a number of reasons why your colonists (settlers) are no longer planting crops. The most obvious are:

1 - You have no colonists currently designated as growers, or that this job has been set to too low a priority. To check this - Click on the "Work" menu option and see if there is a green tick in the "Grow" box of any of your colonists. Or if using manual priorities, check that "Grow" has a lower number than other jobs (particularly hauling and cleaning).
2 - The current in-game date is outside of the growing period for that particular map area. To check this - Click on the "World" menu option, and look towards the bottom of the information written on the left-hand side of the map screen, it should say "Growing period:" followed by two dates. If the current in-game date it outside those two dates then you won't be able to grow outside.
3 - You have forbidden sowing in your grow zone. To check this - Click on your growing zone, and check the right-most option ("Allow sowing"). If there is a red cross shown instead of a green tick, then your colonists are not allowed to plant crops in that growing zone.
4 - You are using allowed areas for your colonists, and your growing zone is outside of the allowed area. To check this - Click on the "Restrict" menu option, and see if the colonist(s) you have designated to be your grower has been set to an allowed area. If they have then change them to unrestricted and see if that solves the problem.

Edit - 5 - As ruddthree above mentions, do you currently have a growing zone setup? Maybe you deleted it by accident without noticing, as they can be a bit hard(er) to see sometimes. (am I the only one who misses purple/pink growing zones :()

There are a few other possibilities as well (mainly to do with events), but lets start with the above for now. Although the quickest way to get an answer is to post your save game file where this problem is occurring, as then others can load your save and find out exactly what the cause of the problem is.

Bruxy

Quote from: Calahan on September 27, 2016, 08:04:47 AM
2 - The current in-game date is outside of the growing period for that particular map area. To check this - Click on the "World" menu option, and look towards the bottom of the information written on the left-hand side of the map screen, it should say "Growing period:" followed by two dates. If the current in-game date it outside those two dates then you won't be able to grow outside.

Do growing zones specifically tell you that a plant is outside its growing period, or do you actually have to have a plant in that cell to give you that detail? Obviously if it's the latter this info is of no use to the OP, however this next one might be:

Some crops have skill requirements. If your designated grower does not have the skill to grow the crop you want, they'll ignore the zone.

Calahan

Quote from: Bruxy on September 27, 2016, 08:26:32 AMDo growing zones specifically tell you that a plant is outside its growing period, or do you actually have to have a plant in that cell to give you that detail? Obviously if it's the latter this info is of no use to the OP
If it is outside the growing period, then it will usually say "Cannot grow - cold season" when you select an outside growing zone. There does not need to be an actual crop planted to see this message. Although I'm not 100% sure if other factors (besides the growing period) might cause this message to appear, such as a cold snap. Which is why I suggested to check the actual growing period from the map screen as the precise dates are shown there.

Zhentar

Whether or not it's currently growing season is just determined from the outdoor temperature for the last 12 game hours. The growing period shown on the world map is the same as it is in the real world - a rough estimate of when temperatures are most likely to be suitable. So cold snaps & volcanic winters (and heat waves) do affect whether it's in the growing period.