Rimworld hates me

Started by iamthepenthief, September 27, 2016, 03:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamthepenthief

So after my last colonial tragedy.. i restarted. Im going to related it from the players perspective this time. Because Rimworld truly hates me colonies lol

Meet grub the doc(m), tau the builder (m), engie the huntress (f), howard the engineer (m), menuear the computer (f) and deleon the refugee (m)

So I started with the 3. Tau, engie and grub... all had been going very very well. Howard just wandered into the area and signed up, menuear and deleon were from a cryo-crypt found near the base. All very early on..

A year passed, the based is expandonh steadily, i hit wall with research because I have no plasteel on the map to finish the multianalyser thing to get 3rd tier tech.
Tau and Engie fell in love and even married in this time. Food, heating and clean clothes were availablr even a tv and a heated green house to keep food growing all year round. Turrets up, Engie was very good at making any weapon type. We had a mastercrafted sniper rifle and the finest melee weapons..... a proverbial utopia if you will....

So what does Rimworld do??? It gives me toxic fallout for ALL OF WINTER AND 5 DAYS OF SPRING...

So if you are unaware of the problem with toxic fallout.. let me tell you what your in for....

So for the first few days it was harmless.. toxicity wasnt too bad, trivial mostly and fading overnight (going out side = bad)... but this unrelenting cloud of death slowly... attritionally... halved my colony...

It began with beavers.... they pop up and munch every tree in sight.. so i sent grub out to deal with them as engie was making weapons... grub suddenly needs rescuing... Funny, I think to myself, no animal revenge note... so i send deleon to save him...
Deleon gets grub into bed only to pass out himself (by this time i'm aware of  the now severe toxicity in 4/6 members..

So i pop them into bed to rest up... then man hunter boomalops seige the main building... grub jumps up to fight (auto setting... perhaps a mistake)  gets outside... passes out... tau goes out and shoots afew of them.. they blow up taking out a fair chunk of the greenhouse with fire until the foam popper goes off... tau is burned to death.. along with grub..

Leaving 4... 3 of which are extremely toxic.
The toxicity here is where it got ridiculous... you put them in bed.. but as soon as they can walk they run outside and pass out... over and over again.. i had to draft howard to imprison the others as it got annoying him keep rescuing them...

Engie was depressed as well from Tau dying... went berzerk at Howard. Howard slapped her down... but was hurt..
and grub was the only doc worth anything.. Engie was cut in the fight, got infected.. died
OH and to top it off menuear got dementia from severe toxicity... and now that the death cloud has passed im left with half a functioning base.. 3 peeps.. and of those 3 one keeps wondering off in a confused state!!!

Barazen

Rimworld is basically the darksouls of management sims.... I feel your pain.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

iamthepenthief

I agree with that description.... i can only imagine the horrors i was spared by skipping the tutorial lol

Hamtaro12

I feel you man, just try to stock much more food than needed, and freeze it.
Beginning to learn XML, still trying my best.

Zaczynają się uczyć języka XML, wciąż próbując jak najlepiej.

MeowRailroad

And build your bases in mountains, and if not that then make it so you can easily seal off the space between the buildings.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Element4ry

Recently, after I started colony, volcanic winter begun one day before regular winter was about to end. It last two seasons and two days so far. Randy hates me.
·–·· ––– ··· · / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –– ·· –· –·· / –··–· / · ·– – / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –·–· ·–· · ·––