Bypass cannot hunt scenario by drafting colonists to shoot at animals

Started by itchylol, September 27, 2016, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itchylol

If you enable the cannot hunt in the scenario options, you can still hunt by drafting colonists and ordering them to shoot at animals. It only removes marking animals for hunting by clicking the animal and clicking hunt.

nccvoyager

This seems like more of an exploit of drafted behaviour than a true bug.
That being said, it does seem, to me at least, that this is intended behaviour.

The "cannot hunt" scenario option does exactly that; it disables hunting, as a job type.
Disabling the ability to target animals would be interesting, though it would bring a few issues with manhunters and insects...

Whether this is intended behaviour or not, thank you for taking the time to report this.

ItchyFlea

Thank-you for reporting this.
I'm not sure this is a bug however. The cannot hunt scenario part is designed to prevent you from being able to mark animals for hunting.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Jimyoda

I wouldn't consider that a bug, especially because the player has to micromanage a colonist just to do it. Also, consider this... When a big hungry predator doesn't have other options, they can and will take down a colonist just to eat them. The player has the ability to act proactively to clear the area of dangerous predators. If you take that away, then the player will complain that they couldn't do anything about that bear until it mauled and killed their only doctor. And when an alphabeavers pack shows up to eat all the trees/wood, you're supposed to be able to kill them. And there's also the case of insects like nccvoyager mentioned. So disabling animal killing altogether would only create new problems.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/