15c no steam, XML errors on startup

Started by Captain_Goatse, October 01, 2016, 07:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_Goatse

15c, no mods installed, Win 10, I get this errors on startup. Deleting everything, including the config file, did not work. Downloaded Rimworld twice and reinstalled, no change. Used the utility to delete the registry entries, no change. Please help.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Captain_Goatse

Tried reinstalling in a different location after cleaning up the registry. Got a bunch of new errors. Will I be able to play someday?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Dingo

These are all due to ConceptDefs missing or been unreachable. Are you sure your Core folder in RimWorld/Mods is OK? Do you have read/write access to the entire thing?

Captain_Goatse

Quote from: Dingo on October 02, 2016, 06:14:17 AM
These are all due to ConceptDefs missing or been unreachable. Are you sure your Core folder in RimWorld/Mods is OK? Do you have read/write access to the entire thing?

WTF, all the /Mods folder was set as read only... I set as read/write and now it works perfectly! Thanks, kind stranger! If we were on Reddit I would give you a gold!

Dingo

Glad it was that simple. :X It really didn't seem like a typical RimWorld-specific bug (guess 5 years of being an IT technician has its benefits, you recognise patterns).