Can't Creat colony anymore !!

Started by r4ky, September 29, 2016, 11:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4ky

Hi,

i wasn't play rimworld from A12 so i decided to come back, i downloaded mod in workshop, and trying to solve error and crash with a correct mod order and removing some who causing trouble, when this was done and no more error appear i launch a game creat a new colony but generated map was full white but i was still able to choose a location so i did and start playing but i started to see strange color in the world near colonist so i decide to remove all mod and add them one by one to see witch one were causing those trouble, but now Creat a new colony button a start screen don't work anymore and error appear, i try remove game and reinstalling 5 time, removing all mod nothing work ! i try yo launch the tuto and it work, loading a save file too work fine but i just cant creat new colony so i can't play  :'( but there is no crash just error message incoming in yellow then more i click it become red  :-\

do you have an idea please on what is causing this ?

log file is in the attachments

or this is a link to have it too as you prefer

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_3
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/605391/output_log.txt

Thanks for the help

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

14m1337

* are you using mods? try deactivating them.
* seems to me that you decided to play using French language. try using English.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

r4ky

Quote from: 14m1337 on September 29, 2016, 12:26:22 PM
* are you using mods? try deactivating them.
* seems to me that you decided to play using French language. try using English.

Hi, thanks for the reply
No im not using mod i already say i have removing all mod
and already try english language too  :-\

r4ky

I found this damn mad error

THIS MOD : Discovery Unknow Faction A15

i install him back and now work fine, i remove it and it bug again and cant creat colony so is someone able to tell me how can i remove this mod and still be able to play ? it's a real shame i really don't know how to do i will ask mod author i think it's the best thing to do now.... i know it's not his fault but this was made me mad ^^

Jdalt40

Did you restart the game like you are supposed to do after removing/adding a mod?

r4ky

of course... and game ask to do too so i always did i also reboot my PC ...

Orion

Sorry you are experiencing this. The problem is the following: You have (maybe unknowingly) saved a scenario that uses a scenario component from Faction Discovery. Unfortunately, RimWorld has no fallback for when a scenario component is missing. This means it can not open the scenario list anymore.

What you have to do:

• Go to the folder %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Scenarios on your computer.
  • Delete the scenario you saved after adding Faction Discovery
  • OR open your scenarios in a text editor, and remove the following:
<li Class="FactionDiscovery.ScenPart_KnownFactions">
<def>KnownFactions</def>
<factionsFriendly>0</factionsFriendly>
<factionsHostile>2</factionsHostile>
</li>

This will fix the problem.