[A17] BlackFuel

Started by Rakuss, September 29, 2016, 03:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakuss

Quote from: LustrousWolf on September 30, 2016, 01:00:06 PM
Isnt BlackGold the name of another mod in the unreleased section? Might want to change the name of this mod..
I don't know about him. My appologize, i will change name in few days with update.

Quote from: sma342 on October 01, 2016, 07:27:59 AM
Is there any Deep Core Miner mod patch for this?
Not yet. I check how Deep Core Miner works and try add coal.

Rakuss

Mod updated to RimWorld A16. Have fun. :)

Headshotkill

^^

Do we install this as another mod or do we place it in the core-folder to replace files?

HowAboutScience

Just another mod, load after core drill and black fuel.

Headshotkill

This mod actually has a lot of potential to be expanded, just some thought:

-Turn wood into charcoal, similar function as coal but still a better fuel than raw wood.
-Turn coal into chemfuel.
-Possibility to use ingame drillers to mine coal. (haven't tested, maybe already implemented)
-Dangerous explosive mining gas when mining coal indoors/bad ventilated areas?

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 27, 2016, 01:38:23 PM
*stuff*
I don't want to say anything, but @Rakuss is already thinking about some of that stuff, so don't worry ;)

Rakuss

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 27, 2016, 01:38:23 PM
This mod actually has a lot of potential to be expanded, just some thought:

-Turn wood into charcoal, similar function as coal but still a better fuel than raw wood.
-Turn coal into chemfuel.
-Possibility to use ingame drillers to mine coal. (haven't tested, maybe already implemented)
-Dangerous explosive mining gas when mining coal indoors/bad ventilated areas?
As @Dark_Inquisitor says i think about this stuff. Witch charcoal is not so easy job. At first i want add something like fuel priority or coal calorific. With ingame drillers is too many work to do so i don't really want use this but maybe i change value of mining coal or add coke coal as recompense for now.
I really like your last idea. If I only learn how to c# for sure i add this. :)

Quote from: HowAboutScience on December 27, 2016, 11:57:01 AM
I made a Core Drill Addon for coal [A16]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lngnwtarno5j21m/CoreDrill-BlackFuelAddon.zip?dl=1

Enjoy
Thanks mate for that, it is good one alternative. :)

Adoelrome

encountered a strange problem with coal campfire - cannot cook.
and if you will click on "anybody" button - nothing happens.
i checked and compared all xml-data with other campfires (that works well) - no significant differences.
wtf - i dont know.
also added recipes from VG and others - it is shown, but my cook still refuse to cook on it.

but along with it i have added coal to all burn-based facilities - braziers, smelters, forges, other campfires - this works well.
a great alternative to wood.

Cynatra

Is the any way to allow other facilities that require fuel to use coal as well? I use the medieval times mod by _rahvin_ and its a hassle to have so much coal but unable to refuel the braziers with it.

Asteru

forgive me if i'm just being dense, but what is the point of the coal scuttle? is it just to store the coal, or will it automatically fuel  power plant from it like the hopper does for the nutrient paste dispenser? My guys seem to just walk over to it, grab the coal from the scuttle, and place it into power plant themselves. So just trying to figure out if there is a difference between the scuttle and a 1x1 stockpile, or if maybe i have a mod conflict allowing something to not work.

Beyond that, i really like the idea of the coal mineral added to the game. Its been a good addition to the game.

Batpeter

How do you get the coal chunks? Mining coal gives me just 'coal' which can't be used as fuel.

Dr_Zhivago

Your production buildings may not be allowed to use coal for fuel, but the "coal" that you get is the fuel.

Batpeter

Well i just tested it with dev options, 'coal chunks' are usable (tested fueled stove and Medieval's brazier) but 'coal' is not. Perhaps the coal chunks i see are from a different mod?

Dr_Zhivago

"Coal ore" is the name the mod author gives to his resource, so let's stick with that name. Coal ore is recieved upon mining the coal. There is no processing needed. It is loaded directly into fueled production buildings.