[A17] BlackFuel

Started by Rakuss, September 29, 2016, 03:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsival

I cant use coal for the generator...

hiepbg

Quote from: Parsival on April 29, 2017, 03:51:36 PM
I cant use coal for the generator...

i have the same problem. I can't refuel the generator with coal.

Rakuss

Mod has been updated to 0.17 version.
All known problems are fixed.

CosmicDan

Hi,

Nice work on this, love the idea.

I am wondering if it's OK with you for me to use/host this in a modpack I'm working on (it will be hosted on GitHub)? It is a modpack in similar vein to Hardcore SK except less "heavy" and more lore-friendly.

If so, I would also like to modify it a bit with my own integration patch - specifically to move it into a "Carbon/Fuel" category along with Charcoal (from cuproPanda's Powerless!) so they both can be used as generic fuel and as carbon sources for refining iron into steel.

This will come in my own patch, I don't have to modify or even host your mod on the GitHub repo if you don't want to give permission for that. Thanks either way!

EDIT: Another problem; you're using recursive xpath matching (e.g. "//ThingDef", this is really really slow and bad. Use wildcard matching on the root node (e.g. "*/ThingDef") instead.

EDIT2: Actually, it's better to just do a conditional patching to check if a ThingDef accepts WoodLog as fuel, and if so then inject Coal as a fuel source too. If you want help on how to do this I would be happy to show you :)

CosmicDan

Ok, I've also noticed that the Coal Scuttles don't really do anything either - they just act as storage spots.

I can mod the CompPowerPlant class in C# and make it pull from the hopper, won't be too difficult ;)

You do ask for permission to modify but you're not around and I'm really impatient so I'm going to go ahead and do this, hope you don't mind!

Will upload to GitHub and share the repo link with you, so you can see the exact changes I've done.