[A16] The Great War

Started by apljee, December 25, 2016, 02:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apljee

The Great War

Description:
The Great War mod aims to add in a lot of content that comes from The Great War, otherwise known as World War One.

Features
For a full list of features, you can go to this link and you will be able to view the progress on weapons we've got done.

We also plan in adding actual factions in game to compliment their weaponry.

Credits
apljee (coding and some textures)
Yorshrun (helping with textures)
ShInZy (template for clothing)
Download
Not yet

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

koni

I like your idea, hope for a soon release.

apljee

Quote from: koni on December 28, 2016, 04:24:03 PM
I like your idea, hope for a soon release.

we have Italy done, but we're wondering if we should make machine guns act as turrets (they don't get carried around by colonists) that require someone to operate them, or if they should operate similar to LMG's in the game. We think it should be turrets but we're not 100% sure on our decision.

Profugo Barbatus

Considering the size and weight of most great war machine guns, and the most common usage of them as emplacement weapons, I'd go for turrets.

apljee

Quote from: Profugo Barbatus on December 29, 2016, 05:25:05 AM
Considering the size and weight of most great war machine guns, and the most common usage of them as emplacement weapons, I'd go for turrets.

Alright, thanks for your input. That's (probably) what we're going to end up doing.

apljee

Update:

* Italy is entirely done, set aside the machine guns which are on hold.

* Germany is about... halfway done. I'm going to have to think a little harder in order  to get the Flammenwerfer done but I don't expect it to be too much trouble.

* As stated before, machine guns are still on hold.

* I might need a secondary texture artist because the first one is having a tough time getting things done. If you're interested in creating textures for the mod, or if you have any old files you might want to contribute, PM me.

VincentSinclair

Quote from: Profugo Barbatus on December 29, 2016, 05:25:05 AM
I would like to point out that some sides DID have some rudimentary light machine guns, and automatic rifles, such as the BAR ,Lewis Gun, and Benet-Mercie/Hotchkiss Model 1909, and Chauchat. *It wasn't as terrible a gun as made out to be, and it will work just fine if the magazine is kept clear of mud and dirt, something that was very difficult to do in the trenches, and that the shooter lays in about a 45 degree angle perpendicular to the gun to avoid getting their eye bashed by the recoil.* Maxim Guns were essentially the MMGs and HMGs of WW1 being as that they had to be serviced by a two man, or three man crew, and could only feasibly be hauled due to it weighing up to 140 lbs. whereas by contrast the Lewis Gun weighed about 28 lbs.
Did someone say gas? Strap on your Stahlhelm, mask, and hunker down!