[15C] Night person - schedule - former copy´n paste overwrites new manuel schedu

Started by JustMe, September 30, 2016, 05:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustMe

I got a night person. At first I copy ´n paste the day worker schedule. Afterward I manully changed the schedule for a night person. Two days he still worked as a day worker. (all without a restart of the game)
After klicking around in the scheduler it worked, sorry cant remember the way (it was very late in the night).

Calahan

I'm afraid I don't really understand what bug you are trying to report here. Please can you read the following thread on how to report a bug, and provide as much of the requested information as possible. And please take particular note of #4 regarding how the bug can be reproduced.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

JustMe

- make on settler A a schedule
- copy ´n paste it on settler B
- change manuelly on settler B the schedule
-> settler B still uses previous schedule - ignoring the changes ...

Calahan

Thank you for the reproduction steps. I have followed them, but I am unable to reproduce any sort of error. (also, as a player I regularly change my Pawn schedules which involves a lot of copy n' pasting and then editing, and I have never personally had any problems).

Can you please confirm which version of RimWorld you are running, and whether or not you are using any mods. Also, are you currently able to reliably reproduce this bug? or did it only happen one time?

JustMe

I am using the last download (one week ago). Initialize engine version: 5.3.4f1 (fdbb5133b820) (first line of output_log.txt)
I am not using any mod.

mhhh ... I tried to reproduce this behaviour again but can´t  :( ... mhhh

Calahan

Thanks for the additional info.

I think I'm going to chalk this one up as either a one-off bug caused by a passing gremlin, or some sort of user error (eg. mis-click). As I was unable to reproduce this bug, nor were you when you tried, and you aren't using any mods so it can't be mod related. Also, I think it would be unlikely for there to be an unreported bug with one of the major parts of the game (scheduling) this far into a new alpha. As a bug to a major element is likely to be heavily reported soon after the alpha launched, since it's hard if not impossible for those sort of bugs to hide (because players use their functions far too often). It can happen of course, but just makes it more unlikely.

Anyway, if this problem does happen again, and you find a way to reproduce it, then please PM me and I will unlock the thread so that it can be investigated further. Thank you for taking the time to file a report though, and for the additional time in providing the additional information when asked.