[Mod Idea]Computer & Internet

Started by Raccoon, October 01, 2016, 02:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raccoon

Hello Community,

i think you shoud be able to use Internet or Telecommunication in Rimworld.

Features

Trading with Telecommunication
Requests Trader canvas

Buildings

LowTech

Telephone
Satellite station

HighTech

Computer
Ethernetstation

Maybe you have more ideas.

Thirite

There is already a station in vanilla to do what you describe. Allows you to contact other factions and passing spaceships. What would the difference here be?

Krolon

Maybe sending own caravans, choosing path to avoid riders and others.

Facepunch

"Socialize" with family and etc through the interwebs, maybe. Would likely be damn tough tho

mabor0shi

I want OP to explain the point of this. You want Telecommunication?. Telecommunication is "communication over a distance by cable, telegraph, telephone, or broadcasting." Broadcasting is "transmitting (a program or some information) by television or radio" The Comms Console "Allows radio contact with remote traders as well as other factions for trade and diplomacy." Therefore, you have requested a Comms Console. I can get u one, dirt cheap. 300 silver. You won't find a better deal.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Wolf619

I was thinking they need a computer but I was thinking for a joy item rather than communication
Maybe it could function like a research bench after you get it connected to the internet
with a satellite maybe?