[A15C] Del's Mods: Now with New Beds 10/14/16

Started by delheit, October 01, 2016, 06:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is there a way to completly remove the poll when you don't need one at the moment?

Yes there is but I'm not telling you how.
Yes and I will leave a comment or pm you and tell you how.
No sorry your going to have a poll here in one form another forever now.
Mu, the question is invalid and/or is both and neither yes and no at the same time.

delheit

I have recompiled all my mods into one mod and made some major changes. First I want to mention that hay acting as wood has been removed. It was a fun experiment but I never liked it.

I will move the old downloads to the first comment below and as always I appreciate feed back.

Del's Overhaultm

Ok first off this is not a complete overhaul. Not yet at least but rather a slowly growing compilation of all my changes. I have however set up the folders so that you can easily remove specific parts of the mod if you only wanted some of it. It's only named Del's overhaul because I don't know what else to name it besides Del's mod.

It is now slightly becoming more of an overhaul with the changes to plants, beds and research so if anything starts to feel wrong compared to vanilla be sure to let me know.

Brief Description

Reworks vanilla plants so that many are now harvest-able, grow-able, or otherwise more balanced. Adds new research including Agriculture (colonists begin with) and Wild Plants (tribes begin with). Also adds torch sconces, fire pits, adobe and tobacco (Jecrell's tobacco v1.2) and now new beds and a bed tab.

Detailed Description

I want to start with saying I didn't change a single number or line without thinking about it for awhile and comparing it to other parts of the vanilla game. A detailed notes file is included showing the numerical changes.

Adds a torch sconce and fire pit that require stone cutting be researched first and neither one will vanish when out of fuel. Both can be made of stone or metal and both burn fuel at the same rate and hold the same amount as vanilla with the same brightness and heat. (Does not use the texture of Bacon Bits wall torch though his looks better if made with wood.) The torch sconce is rotate-able but looks fine as a standing torch from it's default position.

Grass and tall grass are now harvest able  but farming haygrass still pays off better.
Bushs can be chopped for 10 wood which is half the amount of the smallest tree.
Hay can then be used to cook adobe at any stove or campfire.

Strawberry, hay, cotton, trees, corn and tobacco require agriculture to be unlocked.
Colonists begin with agriculture.

Bushs, berries, dandelions, healroot and smokeleaf need Wild Plants to be unlocked.
Tribes begin with Wild Plants.

Many but not all plants will now remain and regrow after being harvested such as strawberries, corn and bushes. But not most root plants like potatoes and heal root.

Nutrition and grow time for base plants and beauty has been recalculated and tweaked. Now your garden can have more variety with actual effects. Grass can still be cut to prevent fires but when harvested no longer leave behind an ugly patch of dirt.

Psychoid cannot be planted before Psychite Production has been researched.
Hops cannot be planted before brewing has been researched.

Dandelions are now harvest-able for an emergency food source or to make beer.
In real life dandelions leaves can be used for salads, the roots for tea and the heads for beer. I didn't want to add all that so the easiest solution was to let dandelions be harvested for a small amount of hops. Which are now edible but have low nutrition and taste bad raw. Currently still only can be made into beer not meals. It would take some work to make em cook-able but let me know if you think I should.

Now with new beds

All beds including Animal Beds, Vanilla Beds and all the newly added beds in my mod now come on their own furniture tab called Beds. Which is great for reducing furniture clutter in the UI as well as will let me easily add more beds in the future if needed such as perhaps more decorative beds or beds with more functions.

Playing as a Tribe you will begin the game with Hide Working which lets you make the classic Tribal Wear and now also Hide Bed and Double Hide Bed. Playing as colonists you already start with Complex Clothing, relabeled as Tailoring it now also lets you build a sleeping bag or a double bag. Sleeping bags require a component or two for various functionality such as a zipper.

Either way you may wish to first build a hay bed or double hay bed. What you have no hide or hay and your lovers want to sleep together, well then just slap down a double sleeping spot.

All costs and effectiveness were based against vanilla beds which are now harder to make requiring cloth for the mattress and a few components for springs but is just slightly boosted. The royal beds comfort has also been boosted just enough to let a stone royal bed not actually be a set back in comfort. But who wants their lonely leader in a giant stone bed all to himself anyway. So why not build a wooden royal bed that's just the right size with the new Single Royal Bed.

Hospital beds are untouched other then instead of requiring 10 medicine to build it now requires 200 silver instead. They are still the best bed for all medical purposes.

Much thanks goes to TrueDestroyer. for the original sleeping bag image and the double sleeping spot. Also if this is too many beds for you, he has separate smaller mods of both the sleeping bag and double sleeping spot.  and vanilla beds requiring fabric.

A note about early game beds; the tribes are going to have a much easier time getting the leather for hide beds compared to the colonists getting fabric for sleeping bags. I think this is fine and of course colonists have the bonus of research speed and such. I'd just recommenced either getting comfy with some hay beds and maybe make some better quality ones or get those cotton plants planted. Wool and such also works.

TLDR
Now playing as tribe vs a colony affects what you can grow and if you can make adobe and what your starting smokes and beds are. Some of these changes may make fires a bit harder to fight but with adobe which takes some time to process you have another option to deal with them. Vanilla gardening and gathering should be more interesting with the changes to what needs re-planted or not and the tweaked beauty and grow time ect.

Download

Dropbox
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56234648/Dels%20Overhaul%20A15c%20v003.rar

Or adfly to support my modding. Wait for the ad to pass and click skip, usually in the top right corner.
http://adf.ly/1epKNt

License

If you use any of mods there is no warranty and using them in mods packs or to make your own mods is fine but of course give me credit and please tell me.

Thanks go to:

Compatibility:

Not compatible with plant saver but it's only function is now built into this mod but not every plant. If you do try to use both load plant saver after mine. Probably not compatible with vegetable garden.

Probably not going to be compatible with anything that changes a file in the ThingsDefs_Plants folder. If you want it to be made compatible with a specific mod I may be willing to make a compatibility patch or with the authors permission work them into one mod.

Adobe, the torch sconce and the fire pit do not overwrite any item.

Any mod that changes vanilla beds wont be compatible but mods that at new beds should absolutely be all they will probably still show up in the furniture tab.

A warning about the colony manager mod. This mod works great with colony manager and you can even use that mod to set how much hay you want foraged for from grass but if the map has a lot of grass the game may appear to freeze for a moment as as the manager decided which grass needs cut.

Customizing this mod is easy. In the Del's Overhaul folder inside the def folder there are separate folders. If you don't want adobe at all delete the adobe folder. Same with tobacco or if you want those but not the plant changes then delete Del's Plant and Garden. Or you can use the old links below. The furniture folder now contains the beds, torch sconces and fire pits as well the research for those.

Or just use one of the older links below.

delheit

Old Download's but still A15

Old V002 everything but the beds.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56234648/Dels%20Overhaul%20002.rar

Del's Firepits Don't Vanish VF  Only adds the sconce and firepit
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56234648/Del's%20Firepits%20Don't%20Vanish%20VF.rar

Del's Grass and Bush: Original. Only makes grass drop hay and bushes drop wood.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56234648/Del's%20Grass%20and%20Bush%20Drop.rar

Del's Grass & Bush & Adobe
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56234648/Del's%20Grass%20%26%20Bush%20%26%20Adobe.rar

Del's Overhaul. (All mods in one) just the above three
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56234648/Dels%20Overhaul.rar

TrueDestroyer

I'm totally into vanilla friendly, and gameplay enhancing mods, and this is amazing!
Waiting for your future mods!!!!
That preview though xD Here you go, grab a free preview image for future releases;)

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

delheit

Ok, I updated the post and also added your logo into the original version.

delheit

Quote from: TrueDestroyer on October 02, 2016, 03:27:40 PM
I'm totally into vanilla friendly, and gameplay enhancing mods, and this is amazing!
Waiting for your future mods!!!!
That preview though xD Here you go, grab a free preview image for future releases;)

I'm still most just fiddling around and experimenting but let me know what you think of the recent changes. Definitely been trying to have cleaner preview images even if still not great.

TrueDestroyer

Nice:) I use VF fireplaces and original grass bush drop:)
Also you might want to check out this thread I made, asking about how to make graphics like in game (these black outlines)

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

delheit

Cynsity702

Hello,

not sure if this is from this mod or plant saver but I am getting images of red "X" boxes over some of the bushes. I am going to post a picture as an attachment. is this supposed to be apart of the game?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

delheit

Is plant saver the one where plant's don't get cut completely but instead grow back. Yeah I doubt these two would be compatible. I'll look into making a compatibility patch or incorporating them together.

Which version of my mod do you use?

Also if my response was late it's only because I was trying to spend some time actually playing and not just modding, lol.

Thanks for the input and screenshot also.

Cynsity702

Well i had first disabled plant saver from the list, then it still was there. After I disabled your mod from the list and the Red X's were also still there. So now I'm not sure if its either of your mods. I also posted in the general help section for MODS and someone said it means that the texture for the bushes aren't loading. In reply, i asked how does one go about fixing this because I don't know what would be causing this now??

delheit

Yea I just downloaded plant saver and there are no incompatibilities since my mod changes wild grass and bushes and plant saver changes farmed plants. I'll have to double check the farmed hay, but no wild bushes wouldn't be affected by plant saver and neither of ours mess with bush graphics.

If you want to you can share a list of all the mods you have or a screenshot of your mod load order. Do you have any that changes map generation or adds or removes plants?

Old Marm

Thank you for this mod.  I wonder if we could use harvested grass as bedding for the tribe start. It would be better than sleeping on the hard, cold ground.

mew_the_pinkmin

NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

Cynsity702

ohh you know what I think i may know what it is. You just reminded me about a mod I loaded called enhanced forestry, which i also have running with increased forest density. These two mods probably conflict with one another. I apologize I didn't notice it sooner but when you mentioned terrain gen then it clicked. So i will mess with these mods and see what happens. LIGHTBULB! ;)

delheit

Quote from: Old Marm on October 11, 2016, 09:44:44 AM
Thank you for this mod.  I wonder if we could use harvested grass as bedding for the tribe start. It would be better than sleeping on the hard, cold ground.

That's actually something I have been looking into and planning for, I'm even thinking of going further and overhauling the beds in general.