[A15C] Del's Mods: Now with New Beds 10/14/16

Started by delheit, October 01, 2016, 06:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is there a way to completly remove the poll when you don't need one at the moment?

Yes there is but I'm not telling you how.
Yes and I will leave a comment or pm you and tell you how.
No sorry your going to have a poll here in one form another forever now.
Mu, the question is invalid and/or is both and neither yes and no at the same time.

delheit

Quote from: Cynsity702 on October 11, 2016, 08:57:46 PM
ohh you know what I think i may know what it is. You just reminded me about a mod I loaded called enhanced forestry, which i also have running with increased forest density. These two mods probably conflict with one another. I apologize I didn't notice it sooner but when you mentioned terrain gen then it clicked. So i will mess with these mods and see what happens. LIGHTBULB! ;)

Enhanced Forestry, that mod I haven't seen but I will look into it.

Update: Actually I can't find it at the moment. Let me know if you have a link. I'll try looking for it again some more later.

Cynsity702

Hey Del,

First off great work on the overhaul bud. Especially the linear compatibility with plant saver. Thanks for your effort. Secondly, after some working yesterday I did not locate the mod that made the Red X's as i unloaded enhanced forestry and kudzu mod for forest density...Subsequently the game crashed and I lost my mod order again....I don't even know how many times its happened now, lost count...anyway enhanced forest is on steam workshop, not sure if you use it but thats where its located.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753267126

Back to the drawing board again on loading mods and seeing if i can find the culprit. Again thanks! TTYS

mabor0shi

@delheit scones hold torches?
I always wondered what the British did with those things :P
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

delheit

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 12, 2016, 10:18:19 PM
@delheit scones hold torches?
I always wondered what the British did with those things :P

lol. It's sconce of course but I do really like scones and often mix up the two words. I fixed the one's in this post and I'll be on the look out for more typo's let me know if you see any :)

Thanks

delheit

Quote from: Cynsity702 on October 12, 2016, 07:27:54 PM
Hey Del,

First off great work on the overhaul bud. Especially the linear compatibility with plant saver. Thanks for your effort. Secondly, after some working yesterday I did not locate the mod that made the Red X's as i unloaded enhanced forestry and kudzu mod for forest density...Subsequently the game crashed and I lost my mod order again....I don't even know how many times its happened now, lost count...anyway enhanced forest is on steam workshop, not sure if you use it but thats where its located.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753267126

Back to the drawing board again on loading mods and seeing if i can find the culprit. Again thanks! TTYS

Let me know how it goes. I'm not currently using steam and am actually trying to switch all my game purchasing to gog. but I did take a brief look at the forestry mod. I don't think it should be incompatible with mine but I'm not positive. If it did turn out to be the problem I could probably find a way to get a hold of the mod files or the author but it sounds like it's not that.

However to everyone who uses my mod let me know if you'd like me to work on biomes. I haven't thought about it much but if I did I might not add as many tree's as the other biome modders and would possibly balance the extra tree's by making them harder to cut down. Personally I also wish there were skills that influenced plant cutting, I have no idea how to add that at the moment though.

I am currently working on beds and really think some of you will like the next release.

TrueDestroyer

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Cynsity702

I think if you did put out a biome mod, not increasing the trees and making them harder to cut down would be cool if the quantity of wood dropped was increased as well! Great idea though...sometimes the biomes OD on trees is a bit much.

mabor0shi

Quote from: delheit on October 14, 2016, 03:53:27 AM
I also wish there were skills that influenced plant cutting, I have no idea how to add that at the moment though.
Growing influences plant cutting. I must b misunderstanding you.
look here↓
Quote from: delheit on October 01, 2016, 06:01:43 PM
Del's Firepits Don't Vanish VF  Only adds the scone and firepit
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56234648/Del's%20Firepits%20Don't%20Vanish%20VF.rar
LoL this is how i choose to spend my time. hey, can pawns walk through tile with wall sconce without it slowin em down? Space is very valuable (unlike my time) so I got no room for floor lamps. But darkness is bad.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

delheit

Quote from: Cynsity702 on October 14, 2016, 08:35:57 PM
I think if you did put out a biome mod, not increasing the trees and making them harder to cut down would be cool if the quantity of wood dropped was increased as well! Great idea though...sometimes the biomes OD on trees is a bit much.

What I meant to say was one or the other, such as maybe I wouldn't increase tree's very much or if I did increase them make up for the larger amount of available wood by making it a little slower to get, possibly.

delheit

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 14, 2016, 10:38:04 PM
Quote from: delheit on October 14, 2016, 03:53:27 AM
I also wish there were skills that influenced plant cutting, I have no idea how to add that at the moment though.
Growing influences plant cutting. I must b misunderstanding you.
look here↓
Quote from: delheit on October 01, 2016, 06:01:43 PM
Del's Firepits Don't Vanish VF  Only adds the scone and firepit
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56234648/Del's%20Firepits%20Don't%20Vanish%20VF.rar
LoL this is how i choose to spend my time. hey, can pawns walk through tile with wall sconce without it slowin em down? Space is very valuable (unlike my time) so I got no room for floor lamps. But darkness is bad.

That's funny I actually thought about setting it to not slow them down but vanilla torches do and my torches can be used as ground torches. But on the other hand it's kinda weird torches slow you down at all with them being small and jack being nimble and all that. I'll either find a way to balance it or I will make a small separate mod so that it is optional.

Does Growing influence plant cutting? It always bugged me that in the work tab it says plant cutting is based on no skill and everyone has a 2 in plant cutting. That's what I though was going on anyway. I think growing should influence it either that and/or melee.

I guess growing does affect plant cutting. Thanks.

delheit

TrueDestroyer

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Cynsity702

Hey Del,

I spent the last few days messing around with my mod order and I finally found my library folder where the config list is. It was apparently hidden and i had to make it visible. So, I was able to find the mod that caused the Red box X's. Its a mod called Spice Melange, it adds spice bushes to the biomes and it is not compatible with mods such as enhanced forestry or the Kudzu mods. Therefore, if one wants to play you'd have to decide which you're going to use. I disabled it as I like having more trees and etc. Now, i don't have any issues and I am using plant saver as well as your mod! I haven't answered the polls yet but I will as it seems that this will ultimately change the direction you're trying to go. Ill give it consideration and some feedback. Glad I could be apart of your journey.  ;D