Save game breaks catastrophically at a predictable point

Started by Serenity, October 01, 2016, 08:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

I have a game that always breaks at the same point at 19h ingame time. At first I thought it is just a graphics error, since the entire screen turns pink like it's some ancient CGA game. And the names of pawns and animals are printed over and over. See the screenshot in the attachment

But turns out the save game near that is broken and can't be reloaded.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=97597287665698310753
"s1" is the save game that's broken
"s2" is a bit earlier and still loads. The error happens at 19h

The game is pretty heavily modded, but I ran most of them before and never had such issues. The new ones are these:
<li>RedistHeat</li>
<li>Haplo - Miscellaneous - Bees and Honey</li>
<li>TrueMods - foxes and wolves temperature fix</li>
<li>TrueMods - multi-analyzer resources mod</li>
<li>TrueMods - no medicine for hospital bed</li>
<li>TrueMods - ship engine size adjustment</li>
<li>TrueMods - vitals monitor resources mod</li>
<li>TrueMods - nuclear generators</li>
<li>TrueMods - armor vest cost fix</li>

When I load the broken save, I get these errors in the log:
Exception from asynchronous event: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at RimWorld.PowerConnectionMaker+<PotentialConnectorsForTransmitter>c__IteratorA7.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PowerConnectionMaker.ConnectAllConnectorsToTransmitter (RimWorld.CompPower newTransmitter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PowerNetManager.TryCreateNetAt (IntVec3 cell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PowerNetManager.UpdatePowerNetsAndConnections_First () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapIniterUtility.FinalizeMapInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AchtungMod.MapIniterUtility_Patch.MapIniterUtility_FinalizeMapInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RootMap.<Start>m__5FF () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I also had an earlier log that showed tons and tons of errors with the power net like the first ones.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

nccvoyager

Okay, complete list of mods according to the log file, for anybody looking for it.

QuoteInitializing map from file s1 with mods Core, Muffalo packs, Animal Feed Trough V1.1, ED-ClosableVent, Medical Tab, Less Rebuff, Lockable Doors, Vein Miner, Trading Spot, Efficient Light, RT Fuse, Colony Manager, [T] MoreFloors, PetFollow, Animals Tab, LT-DoorMat, [T] ExpandedCrops, Stonecutting Tweak, Fences, [T] ExpandedCloth, Crafting Hysteresis, Mad Skills - 50%, MBS Spotlights, Herzblatt, Outfitter A15, Storage Search, RT Power Switch, Nackblad Inc Rimhair, Colonist Bar KF, More Furniture, Achtung! Mod v1.3, Barn Stall V1.0, Fireplace Mod V1.6 A15, CPHaulage, Realistic Darkness V1.2, Allow Tool, Grenade Fix, QualityBuilder, Less Incident Trolling, RD - Allow Dazed Drops, Miscellaneous 'CORE', Misc. Training, Misc. Bees'n'Honey, Ushanka! A15, Day/Night Switch, Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, A Dog Said...Lite, Realistic Medical System EPOE Version, Improved Surgery, EPOE + RMS + IS Compatibility Patch, ADgSd_Lite + ImprvdSrgry Patch, More Vanilla Turrets, Roof Support A15, TrueMods - foxes and wolves comfortable temperature fix, TrueMods - multi-analyzer resources mod, TrueMods - no medicine for hospital bed, TrueMods - ship engine size adjustment, TrueMods - vitals monitor resources mod, TrueMods - nuclear generators, TrueMods - armor vest cost fix, [sd] spaceship, Miniaturisation, Shutdown All, RedistHeat, FishIndustry, and Hospitality A15

Serenity

They weird thing is that the colony ran fine for two years and then suddenly that at always the same point :s

It's not even such a big deal. The next game might just be fine. Though I kinda liked that place.

14m1337

Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

TrueDestroyer

This is the problem with multi analyzers and vital monitors - I'm working on it. This was probably the true reason why these two things didn't have the components in vanilla game. The bug triggers when theres a power conduit nearby. More details in my original mods thread. Don't use these two of my mods till I fix it, please, sorry for inconvenience...

Edit:
Just letting you know, I'm pretty sure I eliminated the glitch with multi analyzer resource mod and vitals monitor resource mod. More info in the main thread:)

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Calahan

This seems to be a mod issue rather than a support issue, so moving this thread to Mod Bugs.

@TrueDestroyer - Thanks for the input here as well.