[WIP] Project Extras

Started by Project 06, October 03, 2016, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Project 06

I am currently working on a mod that adds a little bit of everything to the game, from furniture to batteries. The mod will likely have compatibility issues but once I'm done creating this mod ill upload it anyways just because there Isn't really any harm to doing it. Keep in mind I'm not exactly artistic so most of my textures are just modified vanilla textures stitched parts of other textures put together, not pretty but functional. Here are some of the things I've been working on:

New Production Tables:
- Chemical Lab: Capable of producing base-game drugs in batches of 5, resulting in very long uninterruptible crafting times, however it is 20% faster and cheaper.

- Concrete Mixer: Sole purpose of this table is to make Concrete Mix.

New Resources:
- Concrete: New manufactured ingredient used for as you may have guessed concrete-based buildings. It is crafted using a Concrete Mixer.

- Sulfur: New natural ingredient used for crafting Gunpowder, can be find in rocks similar to other mine-able resources.

- Gunpowder: New manufactured ingredient produced by two methods, breaking down Artillery Shells and crafting it via a Chemical Lab with Sulfur.

Security/Defense:
- External Walls: High health-for-cost walls, however they cause severe beauty penalties.

- Barbed Wire: Primary purpose of this defensive structure is to slow down enemies, used preferably in combination with sandbags or other barriers.

- Proximity Mines: Overall improvements from IED traps but are a good bit more expensive, also a new variant "Vertical" that is high damage but a very small damage radius.

- Concrete Barrier: Upgrades from Sandbags, they are more durable and provide slightly more cover from gunfire.

New Power Related Buildings:
- High Capacity Battery: Over twice the capacity of standard batteries, but it less efficient.

- High Efficiency Battery: Reduced capacity but highly efficient batteries.

- Advanced Battery: Overall superior and safer compared to standard batteries, but are expensive and take a long time to build.

- Plasteel Conduits: Far more durable and appealing compared to standard cables. They also passively emit a low light.

Artificial Terrain:
- Turf: Grass-looking floor to give that natural look to concrete-heavy areas.

- Artificial Soil: Less fertile compared to most other terrain that can host crops, but can be built over the top of land such as rock or other terrain that cant host crops at all.