[A15] Alpha Animals

Started by skullywag, October 02, 2016, 04:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeLaFere

Possibly a stupid question, but will this be playable on a17 as well when it's released for a18?

kaptain_kavern

Alas no. For starting the project I updated an old A15 version, but I started to works for A18 directly. Having to make an A17 version would take some times I'd rather spend on making the mod better.

Real A18 update is for soon now, anyhow. Tynan said they stop the unstable cycle today in the "unstable A18 release" thread.

Back to the mod, I've added 3 more all lasting  animals today: Blizzarisk, nightling, aerofleets, wildpods and Meadow Ave. I still have to add Aerofleet and Wildpods quickly tests things a bit and we're good for a rough first test release. But even after that I've already a quite big list of upgrades in my to-do list ;-)

DingooS

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 14, 2017, 08:35:30 PM
Alas no. For starting the project I updated an old A15 version, but I started to works for A18 directly. Having to make an A17 version would take some times I'd rather spend on making the mod better.

Real A18 update is for soon now, anyhow. Tynan said they stop the unstable cycle today in the "unstable A18 release" thread.

Back to the mod, I've added 3 more all lasting  animals today: Blizzarisk, nightling, aerofleets, wildpods and Meadow Ave. I still have to add Aerofleet and Wildpods quickly tests things a bit and we're good for a rough first test release. But even after that I've already a quite big list of upgrades in my to-do list ;-)

So any progress ? any date to realease the update ?

kaptain_kavern

Hard to tell because I have lots of others mods to update in the meantime - I'm nearly releasing/updating one mod a day since 2/3 weeks now.

But progress has been made on this baby as well. It's just I don't feel it's ready for a real release yet. Too many things that need to be tweaked, balanced and corrected

But I imagine some of you can be quite impatient so here is a link to the testing version:

https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/AlphaAnimals/releases

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DingooS

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 26, 2017, 11:24:26 AM
Hard to tell because I have lots of others mods to update in the meantime - I'm nearly releasing/updating one mod a day since 2/3 weeks now.

But progress has been made on this baby as well. It's just I don't feel it's ready for a real release yet. Too many things that need to be tweaked, balanced and corrected

But I imagine some of you can be quite impatient so here is a link to the testing version:

https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/AlphaAnimals/releases

Thanks man i understand take your time, doing things fast will only cause problems

Mst

Sorry for an off-topic. I've got more of a general question.
I wonder how different mods adding fauna work together. Again sorry for noob questions.
How do they affect each other or are they all independent?
Do spawn chance is equally distributed among several such mods loaded together or is there some complex maths behind determining priority one over the others?

kaptain_kavern

Hi there,

Yes normally all those animals mods are supposed to works well together. But no generations rates are sets in the code directly and modders sets a ratio for each one. For instance it's common (and a good idea balance-wise) to have less predators than herbivores.

But after that the game "just" randomly chose from the pool of available animals which one is generated.

As for complex maths, I don't know about other modders but I achieve my balance by running the game lots of time, looks at animal repartition on the maps and tweak my numbers until I found something that feels "realistic" ;-)

Mst

Thanks for the answer. My curiosity is fullfiled.
Always loved rimworld animals. They add so much to the story. Especially with such variety and awesome quality that mods give.

Old Marm

Thank you for supporting and re-issuing this mod.  It is wonderful seeing these creatures again.

Harry_Dicks

Did work stop on the update of this mod? It is only xml for non variant creatures with no special attacks, correct? I think I might use some for myself either way, these textures are freaking NICE! ;D

Kirby23590

Is this mod still at works?

I love the textures and creatures created by the mod. I hope someday these creatures may see the light in someday.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

jpinard

Would love to have this mod for 1.0 as I've been looking for nice looking alien critters.

SargBjornson

Quote from: jpinard on October 16, 2018, 03:12:13 AM
Would love to have this mod for 1.0 as I've been looking for nice looking alien critters.

It's your lucky day, then :) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46252.0

jpinard

Got it and thank you!  Awesome.  The only complaint I have is those blizzard spiders spawn too frequently.  Also, if I'm buitten by one early on and get the venom or poison - is that colonist doomed?