Items in storage runs right right off the screen - is there a work around?

Started by asquirrel, October 02, 2016, 11:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

Items in storage run right right off the HUD.  I can't tell all the quantities and types I have in storage.  Is there a work around? If not, please take a scalable inventory HUD or a HUD where I can check off what items I want shown as a suggestion.  Thanks!

A picture is attached to see the problem.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Plasmatic

Quote from: asquirrel on October 02, 2016, 11:55:34 PM
Items in storage run right right off the HUD.  I can't tell all the quantities and types I have in storage.  Is there a work around? If not, please take a scalable inventory HUD or a HUD where I can check off what items I want shown as a suggestion.  Thanks!

A picture is attached to see the problem.

There is a workaround, sort of.. if you don't mind not seeing some items you have in storage.. in the bottom right of the screen theres a couple buttons, one of them sorts the inventory list into expandable categories, that will make the list shorter and give you and overall amount in storage, but it won't differentiate between sandstone blocks and granite blocks (unless you expand that category)

asquirrel

Thanks for your response.  Yeah, I saw that but I'd prefer to have a full list or some kind of checkbox to differentiate.  Maybe a way would be to have it set up with a collapsible panel like you said but be able to collapse and expand by categories you really need to look at (like cooked meals, for example). :)

nccvoyager

In the start menu search box, or the run window type in:
Quote%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\ludeon studios\rimworld\config
(Windows Key + R to open the run box.)

Open the "Prefs.XML" file with a text editor like notepad.
Change the following line:
Quote<resourceReadoutCategorized>False</resourceReadoutCategorized>
To read:
Quote<resourceReadoutCategorized>True</resourceReadoutCategorized>
(There used to be a checkbox in the options menu for this, wasn't there? I thought there was, anyways... Weird.)

asquirrel

Dingo

asquirrel

I don't know.  But the prefs.xml setting said false.  Going to try it later tonight and see what happens.  Maybe I can check and uncheck detail by category.
Edit - Just loaded a game.  Perfect, man. I can how open and close just the categories I want.  In my case I need to monitor my food. :)

nccvoyager

Now that I read the message again, It does do the same thing, doesn't it?
Mmm...
Nevermind then, I just never noticed the icon in the interface I guess.

That being said, this will allow you to collapse "types" of resources, like meals, food, metals, cloth, drugs, and so on, and only expand the ones you need to look at, by pressing the little triangular icons near the list items.

Edit: I would have uploaded a screenshot, but I have no internet at home, so I'm stuck on this netbook with a screen resolution of 1024 x 600, so I can't actually load a game right now.

Dingo

nccvoyager

Well, I'm glad it worked at least, even though my way of activating it was much longer and more complicated.
Regardless, I do agree that a more in-depth method of marking things for view or not would be useful.

asquirrel

I'm not sure what's what.  I just know that it worked and I thank everyone for helping me out.  I'm a real scatterbrain when it comes to following directions (except in this case I got lucky) :D.

nccvoyager

I guess, maybe, the little triangular icons aren't too noticeable?
Took me a while to get used to this view, but now that I use it, I probably couldn't go back even if I had no choice.

asquirrel

I didn't notice them at first but luckily you folks pointed this out to me. :)   This game so so amazing, especially with the mods.  So glad I bought it!

Plasmatic

Quote from: asquirrel on October 04, 2016, 12:03:13 AM
I didn't notice them at first but luckily you folks pointed this out to me. :)   This game so so amazing, especially with the mods.  So glad I bought it!

I always use the categorized view.. something that does annoy me a little though is that the view is not saved with savegames.. aka, you gotta open categories everytime you load a save.

Havan_IronOak

There USED TO BE a mod that added an inventory window. One could click on a button along the bottom and an almost full screen window would appear with all of your inventory items shown. It was scrollable and showed large versions of the icons as well as the item names and quantities. I do miss it.