Ungrateful Sod..

Started by Scavenger, October 22, 2018, 04:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scavenger

I rescued a guy from the burning wreckage of his drop pod and after hes all healed up he just leaves..? I thought people arent supposed to do that anymore, that they join your colony?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

5thHorseman

Quote from: Scavenger on October 22, 2018, 04:59:55 AM
I rescued a guy from the burning wreckage of his drop pod and after hes all healed up he just leaves..? I thought people arent supposed to do that anymore, that they join your colony?

You thought incorrectly. They can still choose to leave. If they are part of a faction, you get goodwill for them leaving the map unhurt. If they're not, you don't.

If you capture them, you get a TON of negative rep with their faction so watch out for that. I personally rescue everybody and if they leave they leave, but if you want to ensure you get someone, capture them but if you want their faction to not instantly hate you (yes, it's that much rep) then you may want to rethink how much you want to guarantee it.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Canute

If the recued pawn got no faction (spacer) it is a 50/50 chance i think on regular maps.
If the outdoor enviroment is pretty hard like to cold/hot the chance increased.

Alenerel

Can someone from a faction join you if you rescue him?

Kirby23590

The chance for refugee crashing in and joining you for healing them back up, is a 50% percent, but if you wanted to recruit or him or her, i would just arrest them & throw the refugee in her prison cell soon to be his or her bedroom and try to recruit him instead...

However if there was an event or incident like an Toxic fallout. Then the chance for the refugee for joining you is higher since going outside is just death...
I don't know if the chance is higher if the refugee is an relative like a brother or sister, or spouse like a husband or wife or an lover of an colonist, the chance will be slighter higher but i don't think it's that high...

I always arrest them if they have good stats... But if the refugee has mediocre stats, i would just heal them up and see if they either decided to leave my colony or join me... Never trust an pyromaniac! Always leave them to die or let them walk off into the sun...

Quote from: Alenerel on October 22, 2018, 09:21:26 AM
No... They just go back to their faction... But if they are a friendly ones or the ones that can befriended like rough outlanders or savage tribes, they will give you goodwill if they leave the map, if you heal them up.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Scavenger

Ya.. I will probably just arrest him. He does have the wimps trade and is pretty damn easy to knock out, which normally I would not consider taking somebody like that, but he has a passion and like five things and high scores and two more.

And I didn't know drop pod survivors could be from current factions! I have never seen one belonging to a faction before. I will have to double-check that he isn't.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Scavenger

He does have an infection in both lungs that I can't cure.. I don't know what all that affects or how bad it is. I think it reduces their effectiveness by 15% each?

5thHorseman

Quote from: Scavenger on October 22, 2018, 01:52:42 PM
And I didn't know drop pod survivors could be from current factions! I have never seen one belonging to a faction before. I will have to double-check that he isn't.

Also note they're not drop pods anymore. They're transport pods :)
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

Scavenger

Quote from: 5thHorseman on October 22, 2018, 04:38:50 PM
Quote from: Scavenger on October 22, 2018, 01:52:42 PM

Also note they're not drop pods anymore. They're transport pods :)

I'm about to transfer you to pain town!

No I joke :P

5thHorseman

Haha but no, I wasn't just being pedantic. These people don't drop from space anymore. They're going somewhere and shoddy electronics cause them to land in your backyard instead.

krampe

Quote from: Scavenger on October 22, 2018, 01:53:46 PM
He does have an infection in both lungs that I can't cure.. I don't know what all that affects or how bad it is. I think it reduces their effectiveness by 15% each?
Are you sure it's not Asthma? It can't be cured only treated, infections can be cured.
But you can always replace his lungs with harvested lungs. Every Illness will be gone!

Snafu_RW

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 22, 2018, 09:32:47 AM
No... They just go back to their faction... But if they are a friendly ones or the ones that can befriended like rough outlanders or savage tribes, they will give you goodwill if they leave the map, if you heal them up.
Another faction rescuee certainly joined my base in B19 (no hostile environment at the time); uncertain if that's possible with 1.0 or simply that the chance is really low..
Quote from: krampe on October 24, 2018, 10:32:38 AM
But you can always replace his lungs with harvested lungs. Every Illness will be gone!
Is this true with already diseased organs? Eg harvesting an asthmatic lung & placing it into a pawn removes the asthmatic trait?
Dom 8-)

Eldarin1

Quote from: Snafu_RW on October 26, 2018, 10:14:10 PM
Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 22, 2018, 09:32:47 AM
Another faction rescuee certainly joined my base in B19 (no hostile environment at the time); uncertain if that's possible with 1.0 or simply that the chance is really low..
Is this true with already diseased organs? Eg harvesting an asthmatic lung & placing it into a pawn removes the asthmatic trait?

You can not harvest diseased lungs. Diseased organs can only be removed and replaced. Any diseased organ that is removed disappears. I brought this up in a prior thread and got this answer from the mighty Ty himself. I was trying to transfer cataracts to a prisoner, don't ask me why because i forget, but it was a valid Rimworld reason I assure you...

Snafu_RW

Dom 8-)

Scavenger

Quote from: Scavenger on October 22, 2018, 01:53:46 PM
Are you sure it's not Asthma? It can't be cured only treated, infections can be cured.

Pretty sure that wasn't it, was something else long term.