[1.5] Better Pawn Control (v2.7)

Started by VouLT, October 04, 2016, 07:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VouLT

Update! Adding default outfits/drugs is NOT easy and simple.. bah

Love

Hey, you forgot to change A15 to A16 in your OP.

VouLT

Love

Quote from: VouLT on December 23, 2016, 06:35:39 AM
Ups! Thank you for the heads up!  ;)

Hey, it looks like this mod's About.xml file still says it is for A15, on both your Dropbox and Steam Workshop.

VouLT

Fluffy (l2032)

quick question, why is it not compatible with my animals tab?

MisterVertigo

I'm trying to wrap my brain around what this does, exactly. If I understand correctly, I can set a policy for my outfits called "Winter" and then set all my colonists to use the "Cold Weather" outfits and then save that policy. So, the next time I enforce the "Winter" policy it will automatically change the pawns to "Cold Weather" that I had set before. I'd just need to update the policy when I get a new colonist.

Is that right?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

VouLT

@Fluffy regarding your question see here - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26777.msg270946#msg270946. I'll contact you on discord when I see you, to talk about this.

@MisterVertigo, Yes. You can create policies and configure each policy with the setting you want. You can then switch between policies. This saves time and boring micromanagement. As an example, two scenarios that are a must have for my play-style:

1. ToxicFallout policy - You create a new policy to handle ToxicFallout events. For each animal you set the safes areas. After the ToxicFallout is over you set the 'default' policy back. Advantages: you don't need to remember which was the default area for each animal. If the ToxicFallout event triggers again, you can switch to the ToxicFallout policy and in one click all animals are designated to the safe areas. In sum, you save a few seconds and some brain power.

2. Raid policy- You can create a Raid policy and configure some of your colonist with outfit 'Soldier'. When a raid event fires, you enable this new Raid policy (and your colonist will run to switch apparel). After raid is over, you set back to the 'default' policy. This allows you to save time and brain power once again. No need to remember which colonist is supposed to be Soldier during raids.  This will become increasingly evident when you have a large colony with many outfits.

For the future it would be nice for me add to this mod:
- default outfit when a new colonist joins
- default area when a new animal is tamed
- export/import outfits settings, areas names and related policies so you don't need to setup everything every time you start a new colony
- integrate with AnimalTab (I tried it once but would like to try it again)

asquirrel

This mod has saved me a ton of aggravation when it comes to saving my animals during raids.  I have an unrestricted (auto) policy during non-raids.  When there's a raid I have another policy called "hide" and they go indoors.  If it's an infestation I use another policy where my animals rally in a canyon and eat grass while I kill the bugs.

VouLT

Fluffy's Animal Tab integration success!
Fluffy, thank you once again!

minakurafto

it would be nice if there is patch for combat realism :)
both modify assign tab

VouLT

Oh, I wasn't aware of that... Here i go again!
I'll check it

VouLT

Update: Integration with Combat Realism Done and successful  ;D ;D

I'm just waiting for the new CR version to hit steam!

asquirrel

Hey dudes and dudettes.  I just wanted to report something that's either a bug or just not implemented with animal policies.  Look at the first page of your post so you can see the picture.  Say I set up two policies. One policy I check the option that the animal follows me while hunting.  Another policy I check the option the animal follows me during drafted combat.  When I change from one policy to another the check box doesn't move from the hunting policy to drafted combat.  Does it work for anyone else or is it a bug / no feature?  Thanks for the info!

VouLT

Hi asquirrel, I just tried to reproduce what you explained and it works fine for me..
Check this GIF - http://i.imgur.com/Gn09awc.gifv
Am I testing it right?